How can I make this popup go away??!!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I start up my computer I get two pop ups from Computer Associates International. They say your EZ antivirus subscription has expired click here to renew. It did expire and I got a new but different one from the same company how can I make them go away?

Thanks
JT

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Probably a setting in the options for notifying you about expiration. Either find that box etc and uncheck it or uninstall the virus scanner. I hate stuff that reminds me of anything unless I specifically set out to use reminder software most annoy you every day till you go nuts.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
have you tried contacting them? Did you do the windows uninstall or just deleted the folder?

Check the if the directory of that progam still exists on your computer, if so delete or rename it and reboot, and see what happens.

Is it a windows based screen? or a program based screen? if it is a windows based screen maybe you can try spybot search and destroy or Lavasoft adaware |(Do search) or online spyware scanner from www.spywareinfo.com, or a high jack this log from HJT found in spywareinfo forums download. those may help if it's an entry in the registry that is triggering the popup.

Need a bit more info.

HTH
AlexGT