Bitten by an asp

shakeylegs

Enlightened
I'm new to the forum but a lifelong flashlight fetisher. For my 50th birthday, my wife told everyone bringing a gift to make it a flashlight. Not one duplicate in the bunch. Materially, my best birthday ever! One friend gave me an ASP Triad for which I've never been able to get much info. Even ASP
is evasive.
Why the dirth of info?
Thanks
Shakey

Size15's

Flashaholic
I guess it has 'gone out of fashion'.
Several years ago it was considered a good flashlight to have - likely before Pelican released their PM6. One of it's downfalls in popularity I believe was that it changed the way it focused (or defocused). I don't recall the exact details but it was something like the internal focusing version was considered better but they stopped making it... There was also a change in the bulb I think.

Anyway, it lost popularity here but that isn't to say it's not a good flashlight.
I personally can't stand it - the switch was a pain to use compared to SureFire's but that's me after borrowing one and trying it out for a while.

Al

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Thanks Al,
It has been a few years since I received the triad. The focus is internal on mine - kind of a pain but not to big a deal. It throws one of the strongest beams of all my lights, yet I have to agree that it is not my favorite light. Not sure why, but something crude feeling about it in the hand.

If anyone has any specs on this flashlight I'd be interested.
Thanks much
Shakey