• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **SOLD** 1D Quad Lux w/ 4AA-1D adapter

Enlightened
:sold: I built 4 of these, one for me and three for co-workers. Then one of my co-workers :xyxgun: after asking me to build this backed out. This is a bored 1D silver dimmable quad lux III w/ (4) TW0J emitters, (2) Fatman drivers, (1) UCL lens, (4) IMS 20 reflectors, PQS heatsink, and modamag's 4AA-1D holder. Asking $240 shipped anywhere in the cont. U.S.

Price dropped to $225. This is below cost w/ shipping on this light. I like it enough to keep it before I'll give it away :nana:

IMG_1611-2.JPG

IMG_1612-2.JPG

IMG_1613-2.JPG

IMG_1615-2.JPG

IMG_1617-2.JPG

Last edited:

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 1D Quad Lux w/ 4AA-1D adapter

What is the drive current of the Fatman's currently set to?

Enlightened

Drive current is set to 1000 mA when potentiometer is at max and adjustable from there down to about 20mA. Thanks for looking.
Chris

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

So you have 4 TWOJs running at 1000mAs?!?!?

Man that think has to be cranking some light out the front end.

What's your runtime like at full throttle? I might be interested in that baby.

Enlightened

Hi MSaxatilus,
Runtime will depend on the batteries. I have been using Energizer 2500 Nimh's and I think mine ran for about 35 minutes on high. On medium (referring to the pot location) it ran for just under 2 hours. If the light goes out at that setting just turn the pot down some and you'll gain almost infinite runtime.
Thanks,
Chris

balazer

Enlightened

Chris,

Can I ask you what kind of potentiometer you used? Is it water resistant?

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

this is an amazing light.. I want to use that same exact host for BAM! experimentation.. i bought 2 of them (one is going to be turned into a hotwire!).. do a bit of math.. 50-70 for the light... $44 for the drivers.. $20 for the reflectors.. $70 for the emitters.. 13 for the heatsink and $7 for the lens.. that's $204-224 raw material cost.. oh add another $6 for shipping.. dude's asking for $10 to $30 for the labor to build that awesome light.. hope somebody takes him up on it soon.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 1D Quad Lux w/ 4AA-1D adapter

*** Deleted ***

Last edited:

wtraymond

Enlightened

Hey Andrew, you forgot to add the cost of the 4AA-1D battery holder at about $16. This light is a great deal. I don't know how long I can hold out!

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

the $50-70 for the light was based on the fivemega 1D including the adapter i think.. i got my two in a 'trade' so i'm not sure exactly what they cost.

-awr

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast

awesomeness.. i've felt bad seeing this gem w/o a proper home! please post what you think of it maybe with some beamshots! with the ability to dim, it's incredible.. the fatman doesn't have 'built-in' low-voltage cutout but has a maximum current input that works to that end.. i.e.. to put out roughly 3.7x2W/driver.. it needs to pull about 8.22W from the batteries.. that measn 8.22/4.8V = 1.71A.. however.. as the battery voltage drops, the driver will pull more and more current to keep power constant.. but has a max of about 2.25A... so taking 8.22W/2.25A you get 3.65V.. and dividing that by 4 you get .91V.. a very acceptable 'drop dead' voltage for NiMH or NiCD... the reality is... it will probably start to dim well before 1V/cell so you will know the batts are dying it's a nice situation 'cause you don't want to over-drain the batts too much.. the really neat part is.. the extended runtime from dialing down the output is tremendous! Hope you like the light as much as i like my 4banger lux: http://rouse.com/RT4

-awr

Enlightened

:sold:

Thanks everyone. Glad to see this find a home. I'll ship it this morning J_Oei.

Chris