What kind of light do you NOT have?

What kind of light do you [B][U]not[/U][/B] have?

• LED

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Incandescent

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • Headlamp

Votes: 51 37.5%
  • Hybrid - e.g. Streamlight Twin Task

Votes: 70 51.5%
  • Electroluminescent/Chemical - e.g. krill lamp, Glowrings

Votes: 76 55.9%
  • Laser

Votes: 73 53.7%
  • Spotlight - not HID

Votes: 59 43.4%
  • Lantern - any type e.g. LED, tube, incan.

Votes: 46 33.8%
  • H.I.D.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Mod - of any kind

Votes: 27 19.9%

• Total voters

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
List the light(s) that haven't made it into your collection/tool ensemble. That is to say, and in keeping with the CPF forum titles more or less, what type of light is not one that you own?

This my first poll with the new software, hope it works.

Thanks for your patience.
-LT

EDIT You can choose more than one answer.

Last edited:

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap, I'm missing a headlamp, now you have to remind me...

I'm actually looking for a band that goes round your forehead which you can clip lights to rather than investing in a dedicated headlamp.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
KevinL,

I think you'll be happier with a dedicated headlamp. I've got both and for any extended length of time the band style will drive you buggy. Of course YMMV.

-LT

WDR65

Enlightened
KevinL,
The Nite Ize headband works well for that. I've been toying with the idea of ordering an Inova 24/7 to clip to the front of mine, but most of the time I put my A2 or E2o in the band and my Princeton Tec Pilot on the other side as backup. Very simple and easy to use, though not every flashy. It normally runs around $7 here in the US.

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Like many I see, I haven't entered the HID world. Yet.

The NIte-Ize works okay, but there's some balancing going on. Handy if you don't want to carry a headlamp, but functionally nowhere as comfortable and directional.

daloosh

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have a lot of lights. No rechargable spotlights, no HID, no Luxeon or other powerful LED lights, no glowsticks, no lasers, no hybrids.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Me: NO: incandecent, headlamp, hybrid, spotlight, lanteren, HID.
Yup I'm one of the few without a regular incandecent. They've all been modded to brigther led's... I do have UV lights too (led) :)

Broker

Newly Enlightened
Pradeep1,
I believe because of the multiple categories, it doesn't have to add to 100%.

DP

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
pradeep1 said:
Is it me, or don't the percentages add up to 100%?

You can choose multiple categories. The only way to get 100% is if everyone chooses only one.

Anyway. . .

Almost 10% of you guys don't have an incan!?!?!? That blows me away. Not even a $20 Mag?

Scott

PS: Oops, Broker you beat me :)

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be interested in knowing which battery types or sizes we don't own, or refuse to own. I have no use for C or D cells anymore because I'm spoiled by the flatter discharge curves of other cell chemistries. If the light could be regulated, I wouldn't mind, but right now I'm into Xenon lights, and few xenons of any size or configuration are regulated.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
KevinL said:
Crap, I'm missing a headlamp, now you have to remind me...

I'm actually looking for a band that goes round your forehead which you can clip lights to rather than investing in a dedicated headlamp.

Here's an option... I have a Princeton Tec Eclipse 2 light that comes with a clip that can go on the visor of a ball cap. It runs on two 2016 coin cell batteries and has 3 light output settings. It has a single 5mm LED bulb, which is great for around-the-camp use. Great as a backup to a full sized headlamp.

I think UK makes a 2 AAA eLED flashlight with a similar type of clip.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frenchyled said:
Maybe you should put a "none of the above" for those like me who have one of each ;)
I can't vote ;)

I wanted to put an option that said something like "got them all" but the software only gives you a max of 10 answers and only 1 question. :shrug:

-LT

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Paul_in_Maryland said:
I'd be interested in knowing which battery types or sizes we don't own, or refuse to own. I have no use for C or D cells anymore because I'm spoiled by the flatter discharge curves of other cell chemistries. If the light could be regulated, I wouldn't mind, but right now I'm into Xenon lights, and few xenons of any size or configuration are regulated.

I was going to send you to another poll from last month but it's gone at this point. Maybe it will be back eventually. It seemed that a lot of people have more than 10 types of batteries that they stock, more if you include rechargeables.

-LT