Movies on the weekends

DarkLight

Enlightened
I made the mistake of taking the wife to see a movie sat night to the 7:20 show of Emily Rose.

98 percent of the audience was unsupervised children most of whom seemed to have a cell phone, not turned off of course.

Using like that stupid commercial for a flashlight in many cases..grrr...

Then there was the girl carrying some doll around (14 or so) that cried like a real baby. The wife says it part of the schools these days...STUPID.

The kids laughed through most of the serious scenes, constantly got up and down..like 5 times I am not kidding.....

They obviously thought this movie was gonna be a Freddy Krueger type silly movie..

NOT.

To all the parents who drop their ignorant obnoxious kids with cell phones at the movies..

A POX ON YOU!!!! And I hope your cell phone bill is 500.00 a month..

rant over....

Malpaso

Enlightened
I had a young teenage girl (12ish) on a bicycle pull out in front of my truck the other day after looking me straight in the eye, but didn't stop, obviously because SHE WAS TALKING ON HER CELL PHONE.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
who can afford to go to movies in the evening anymore? Who has the energy to stay out late? Who can afford to pay a baby sitter to stay late?

not us :D

My wife has the occasional afternoon off and my schedule is flexible so we actually went to a matinee performance of "Redeye" on a thursday afternoon and there were only 2 other people in the theater! Thats what you've got to do, play hookie from work for a couple of hours, pay half price and actually enjoy the show.

(the movie rocked by the way, best thriller I've seen in recent memory)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Our family typically waits for the movie to come out on DVD and then rent it or buy it if it's one the family will watch over and over...

Sometimes it's really nice to see a flick on the BIG screen at the theater with the GREAT sound system they have...but yes it cost an arm and a leg. Typically cost my family $50.

The last few times we went, we ate before going (smuggled in some snacks - if we even ate them) and saved about half that price. Still a little expensive to do too often.

Though I didn't think "War of the Worlds" was all that great - the special effects & sound were outstanding at the theater! "Batman Begins" was VERY GOOD at the theater and I'm glad we saw it there!

We like a well produced flick with effects at the theater, but we go to the first showing in the morning and there's usually not too many people there. Oh and we don't forget our flashlights either!!

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman, With me, it's best I forget my flashlights. I once brought a Cyan LuxIII mag and when some noisy "Urban" dressed kids wouldn't settle down I flashed it on the screen a few times durring intro commercials. I was tempted to flash them directly... hehheehe It didn't have much affect but took my mind off of them for a few secs when I heard them saying "yo what was that dog?" haha.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
An ARC AAA or a little green light helps to navigate the stairs & rows of seats "during breaks" (being careful to shine it down at the floor of course).

A couple weeks ago, we found a fellow's wallet for him that he had dropped - that felt good and glad we had a tool to help him!

No, we aren't shining them at the screen or at anyone. Now days the jerks would just as soon shoot you or something for looking at them. I try not to "interact"! That's why we go to the first show - seems the jerks come out later in the day or preferably at night! :thinking:

Darkcobra

Enlightened
I worked at the theatres when I got out of high school and worked there while continuing school. If you don't like loud and often obnoxious people, avoid the last two showings on a Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. Watching the first showing has all the little kids out and you get to eat last night's popcorn and hot dogs.
I got to watch movies for free for quite a while, now that I've lost all my "inside connections', I refuse to pay $9.50 for a ticket! We just rent DVD's now.....

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
what about paying $9.50 and having to watch freakin commercials! you should get to watch for free then! and dont get me started on all them little shaggy hair punk teenage boys and their stupid hippie skirt wearing girlfriends take giggle at everything! ahhhh they get on my nerves!