SF in Perth?

UWAK

Enlightened
Hello guys where's in Perth Australia I can find local store that selling SureFire flashlights?

Thx in advance. Cheers.

Frids

NelsonFlashlites

Enlightened
Go to this SF page. Select "Australia" from the internation drop down list on the right.

Four names come up. None of them are in Perth. I don't have my atlas in front of me, so maybe they're a 20 minute drive from where you are and maybe there on the other side of the continent. I don't know.

You can also email surefire at [email protected]. They probably would tell you the same thing, though.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buddy, not that I don't want to support the local stores but they are so awesome that their prices are set soaring the skies. Do yourself and your wallet a favour, buy from elsewhere pay for the shipping, you will have the light and still can afford dinner. You won't get in to trouble with custom duties as long as it is under $500.

Lighthound.com is a good start and oldgrandpajack in BST.

segan

Newly Enlightened
UWAK said:
Hello guys where's in Perth Australia I can find local store that selling SureFire flashlights?

Thx in advance. Cheers.

Frids

Wellington Army Surplus http://www.wellingtonsurplus.com.au/ on Wellington Street in the city has an ok selection of SF lights. Of course their prices are ridiculously expensive but the staff are quite friendly and they let you play with the lights. Its useful for checking the light out physically before you buy.

I second koala recommendation. Get your lights shipped from a dealer in the US or give oldgrandpajack a go in BST.

quokked

Enlightened
Ahhh the pains of Living in Oz and the difficulties in getting cool kit,
If you are still set on buying surefire lights from a shop, and if you are ever in Melbourne or want to order from a australian shop try www.platypusoutdoors.com.au and click on the plat-a-tac link, that wellington outdoors link above is a dealer for platypus who is the distrbutor listed on SFs site... I brought a V82 Holster from Platypus outdoors and it cost me $25 AUD, not *too* shabby, damn i should've brought more lights when i was in HK :awman:...
Plus the Plat-A-Tac Customer service is pretty good, and it's a good place for anything remotely "tactical" in Australia....
Personally though, I'd just fly to HK or get a light from supremeco (there's a A2 thread on the forums about it, really cheap too!)

PS. If you buy a holster and get a Incan light line up the witness marks on the light, I didn't know how useful those marks are until the light activated itself to constant on while it was in the holster a couple of times, I've got scorch marks in the Nylon holster to prove it! anyone used a SF light to boil water out there?

LoveCraft

Newly Enlightened
Knig of Knives also sell a few, ive seen a G2 and 6p, limited to what they have and change a fortune but if you dont wont he hassel of over seas then its another option. Also check ebay, i got one of mine from... TK gear i think it was, anyway a few on ebay right now for reasonable price.

GeoffChan

Enlightened
quokked said:
Ahhh the pains of Living in Oz and the difficulties in getting cool kit, If you are still set on buying surefire lights from a shop, and if you are ever in Melbourne or want to order from a australian shop try www.platypusoutdoors.com.au and click on the plat-a-tac link, that wellington outdoors link above is a dealer for platypus who is the distrbutor listed on SFs site... I brought a V82 Holster from Platypus outdoors and it cost me $25 AUD, not *too* shabby, damn i should've brought more lights when i was in HK :awman:...
Plus the Plat-A-Tac Customer service is pretty good, and it's a good place for anything remotely "tactical" in Australia....

They also have reverse engineered V20's for less. ;) I've been shopping from them for more than 15 years. Platypus are good.

Geoff

SIM37

Newly Enlightened
I used to study in UWA 2002-2004 and besides that wellington st army surplus, there's another shop at Vic Park, near the 24 hour news agency opposite the turkish kebab place that shows soccer matches.

UWAK

Enlightened
Thx guys... yes I think wellingtonsurplus is quite expensive but still OK. I'll take some advise on US sellers. Cheers

Frids

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
SIM37 said:
I used to study in UWA 2002-2004 and besides that wellington st army surplus, there's another shop at Vic Park, near the 24 hour news agency opposite the turkish kebab place that shows soccer matches.

great description mate, although i know the place you are talking about

how many people have we got here in perth, is it worth doing another cpf meet ?

SIM37

Newly Enlightened
Echo63 said:
great description mate, although i know the place you are talking about

how many people have we got here in perth, is it worth doing another cpf meet ?

I'm back in Singapore now sad to say. Perth's a nice place, would love to return at the soonest opportunity.

By the way, the darkness or lack of light in perth's suburbs make it a flashaholic's paradise.

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been to perth before but that was before my induction into Flashaholicism. Given my travelling itch and my love of flashlights I would love to drive from Melb to Perth someday. It'll be dark along the way and at the end it'd be great to meet up with some of you! But it won't be at least until the end of 06 :( I've got all my SF stuff from BST on here :)

larry2

Newly Enlightened
yeah-if you are in perth-then buying surefire, maglight ,etc-VERY expensive.....
i'm actually interested in maybe getting a G2 and a maglight rechargable torch,
but i'll have to buy international i think

any companies that people recommend who ship the mag charger units internationally ?

Last edited:

kniteshade

Newly Enlightened
Ive seen mag chargers for less outrageous prices on ebay before - you could try that (theres a few sellers putting up new ones)

larry2

Newly Enlightened
hi-mag charger i might try ebay-but would prefer a online shop-safer and can get upgraded bulb etc. ebay has the maglite rechargable units for $180 +

wow-perth has been windy the last couple of days....
i hope we get these sea breezes when summer gets warmer....

Last edited:

OddBall

Newly Enlightened
Unless you're on Scarb beach having a perve and get a face-full of wind-driven sand! ;)

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Koala, the prices for SF, Pelican, Streamlight and longbow are Outrageous here in AU, the thing I always have done is to buy overseas
mainly from the US, It has always worked out more ecconomical to buy in
2 or more items from the same supplier, I have paid up to one third of the
listed prices offered here in AU