Streamlight Jr. Questions (not luxeon)

LightRay

Newly Enlightened
Hi - I just bought the Streamlight Jr. (not the Luxeon LED - the "standard" incandescent bulb one). It cost me about $11.00. I have not yet opened the package - I was going to get the Streamlight Jr. Luxeon but it cost over $30. Now I am home and I am thinking about whether this non-lux Jr. is a good flashlight. I have searched for reviews but did not come up with any usable results.

This flashlight will be used in the car - for reading a map, searching for stuff at night, and in the rare event of a flat tire (I know, not ideal for a flat tire, but it will have to do.)

Just a quick note - based upon recommendations on this board, I picked up a River Rock 2 X AAA LED a few weeks ago and love it. Great value for a good product.

Questions - should I use the River Rock for the car, and leave Streamlight Jr. in house, or vice versa? Also, do you think I made a bad decision getting the non-LED Streamlight Jr. - I just didn't want to go overboard on price.

Thanks for your help.

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good flashlight for the car would be something that uses a lithium battery. The reason for this is because of the slower self discharge, and being able to withstand more extreme temperatures.

The flashlight I use for every day is a QIII by Nuwai. It uses 1 cr123 and produces a medium spot with a good flood. Here is a review.http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_q-3.htm

This flashlight, IMHO is a great deal. I just added a mineral glass to mine which is a really nice $3 upgrade from the platic one.(Thanks Litfuse)

Eventually I plan to upgrade the LED to a K2 and put a better board in it for regulation, but not until the K2 goes in.