The exigencies of online buying

Hardball

Newly Enlightened
:awman:How is it that I could order my TL-3's from Amazon.com, on the 17th of October and find they are not even in transit yet? OK, so I don't understand how shipping lead times work and I accept that, but you can't blame it on the USPS or UPS as they are wont to.

Niteowl, (kindly) offered to send me a piece to help my 2C saglite grow wings, :thanks:(more on this later in INCAN). He PM's me that it is going 11/1, I get it in California today, 11/3. 2000 Miles in two days; maybe the folks at Amazon.com ought to hire my new friend from Wisconsin as VP of Operations because he sure has this shipping thing figured out.

Here is another part of my Amazon rant: I buy a lot of used books and music through them. It is hard to argue that a penny or a quarter a book is a anything but a bargain when hardcovers are $25+ and paperbacks start at $7. Amazon charges a flat $3.49US per book, (and $2.49US per CD), as a shipping fee. This allows the seller at least a $1 profit per transaction. Sometimes I get my book in three or four days, sometimes it takes weeks :scowl: and it doesn't matter where they ship from. I have gotten things quickly from 3000 miles away and way slowly from shippers here in CA.

I'd like think that folks who were doing this as a business could generate a little more continuity, but that's life.:broke: