Cat's Eyes LED cap light- anyone seen/tried these?

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saw these at Wal-Mart tonight for 10 bucks and almost got one. They were hanging on one of those strip clips on the aisle where all of the wall clocks are. I was just cruising through to another part of the store and slammed on my brakes when I caught a glimpse of an LED light and had to check it out.

Just wondering if anyone has tried these yet. Looks like a neat, extremely lightweight light.

85d663be.jpg

Last edited:

tomdooley62

Newly Enlightened
Found these Cateyes at Wal Mart for $2.00 each regular $9.94 on the discount aisle where they have the As Seen On TV items. Got me 4 0f them. Seems like a decent idea.Claims to be water resistant. Havent had a chance yet to really try it out but the batteries that are included were worth at least that much. They also had the Duracell 2 d adjustable beam(Dale Earnhardt Jr Edition) for $4.00. Didnt get one but thought about it and maybe dropping in a Mag led 2 cell unit into it. Might make a decent light.

Check out manufactuers website www.importmerchandisers.com
for the Cateyes info looks like they are coming out with newer model and different colors of leds.
Dave

Last edited:

saltwater

Newly Enlightened
I have one that I have found to be useful for fishing. I normally wear a cap then anyways and they are so light that you don't really notice them. They come with and use (4) 2016 batteries, and are not as bright as my innova micro althought they do provide a good flood with the 3 led's they have practically no throw. Battery life is listed as 24-48 hours....I would say useful for maybe 8-10 hours. The switch on the side is easy to access and I normally just keep mine off until needed and then turn it back off to save the batteries. I think these are using rather outdated led's which are quite blue in tint and there are probably better choices today...even with the cheaper led headlamps that take AAA or AA batteries. Still I wouldn't discourage someone from buying at the discount price as the batteries for these sell retail for 3.99 in the Cat's Eye 4 pack. I am not unhappy in my purchase as I have gotten quite a bit of usage from it...but again these are using rather outdated led's and there are definitely better choices in headlamps on the cheap today.

kc2ouf

Newly Enlightened
I picked one of these up (at the regular 10$ price) after doing a drill with a local CERT team and noticing they had these things on their hats.