This is really much more difficult than I thought.

tch_popeye

Newly Enlightened
Folks, I think that I may be a flashaholic.

I picked up an A2 about 6 weeks ago, and love it. I've bought the parts for a 6C ROP conversion, and am just waiting for the batteries to show up in the mail.

That's all a guy should need. A small, almost-EDC, that gets heaps of praise for its versatility and quality, and a honking big and bright night stick (the 6C I've had in stock form for 15 years prior).

So why can't I stop?! I've been resisting a purchase decision for some time now (approx. 3 weeks), and it's killing me. I hate "stuff". I throw away things, cuz clutter makes me angry. And yet, my palms itch every day I resist pulling out my credit card to add an M3 with Turbo kit on the side.

I don't *need* another light... It's not small enough to EDC. I've already got the throw (coming) in the ROP 6C. I've already got one of the coolest lights Surefire makes - which makes it one of the coolest lights PERIOD.

ARRGGGHH. Even typing out my frustrations cannot divert my attention from the M3! Help!

;)

-Trev

flashlite

Enlightened
I know how you feel. I wish I could limit my collection to just three quality pieces that could fit well in any situation and that I'd be happy with for years and years. Then every time I start planning a camping trip or some other excursion, I want something different to take along. I think I just get bored too quickly.

rmacias

Enlightened
nerdgineer said:
FFeeeenix. FFFFFEEEEEEEEEeeeennniix. LLLLLLl1111PPPP.... Your eyes are getting heavy.....heavvyyyy....

Stop it.....that darn Fenix L1P has been calling my name lately. I don't know
if I can resist.

RJM

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a headlight. What good will your A2 do you if both of your hands are full?

You need a good emergency light. Something that can stand on end, and run for hundreds of hours on a single battery. Something to light the way when the power goes out.

You need a light for the car. And one for the truck. And one to put in the kitchen. And one for the shed. And one for....

Do you have a girlfriend? A wife? Any children? They ought to have lights of their own.

You should have a good flood light for closeup work.

You should have a red LED light to preserve your night vision.

You should have a blinking light for emergency signalling.

You should have an expensive, custom crafted, hand built, limited edition light built by one of the talented machinists here on the forum - simply for its artistic sake.

You should have lights that run off CR123A cells, AAA cells, AA cells, C cells, D cells, and any other kind of cell you can find. Just in case you happen to be stuck somewhere and "your" cell isn't available.

You should absolutely have a light that runs off rechargeables, so the landfills aren't filling up with disposable cells. And, you should have a light that runs off primaries - for when you forget to recharge.

You need an HID. For those times you really need to see "what's over there."

Did I miss any?

:)

Jurphaas

Newly Enlightened
I hear Ty and he is correct in every statement he lists......I believe.....

I'm much like Trev, it's never enough and you find new and exciting stuff all the time. I tell my self that living in darkness is no acceptable alternative, Period!

Jurphaas.

LeDfLaShEr

Newly Enlightened
Well, I do disagree with one of TyBower's statements...

You don't need a red light to preserve night vision. With all the lumens you should have on hand, you don't need no stinkin' night vision.

If in doubt, illuminate it. :p

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3/M3T is a sweet light! I think it makes a wonderful companion to the A2. :)

pdrm0032__2_.jpg

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I notice you said "small, almost EDC" when refering to you A2. I think you might like to focus your attention away from the M3T for a moment, and pick yourself up something even smaller than the A2, so EDCing the light will not have to be almost. Try taking a look at Litemania's current limited edition TWOH Jil 1.3w. You'll just l...o...v..e it!

Kris

Newly Enlightened
The M3 is a great light, my favorite Surefire. The M3 would be a nice addition to your A2.

Flea Bag

Enlightened
leukos said:
The M3/M3T is a sweet light! I think it makes a wonderful companion to the A2. :)

pdrm0032__2_.jpg

Where did you get that HAIII extender?! I've been hoping for SF to produce one!

Oh and to add to the discussion:
You've already got the M3T disease so just buy the thing and run far, far away... before the deadly M6 strand infects you!!!

There was this guy I came across not that long ago... I think he was trying to vaccine himself from getting a fifth M6!

RUN!!!

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
tch_popeye said:
Folks, I think that I may be a flashaholic.

IThat's all a guy should need. A small, almost-EDC, that gets heaps of praise for its versatility and quality, and a honking big and bright night stick (the 6C I've had in stock form for 15 years prior).

So why can't I stop?!

-Trev

because there is something inperfect about everything out there :) its like trying to buy the PERFECT digital camera, no mater what you do, each one is just a leetel bit different and works best in certian situations.

that is why i MOD, as insanly as others BUY, because there IS a way to have a pocket light have OUTPUT like a huge light, and still have RUNTIME, and still stick on your HEAD-light.

besides, you dont have one in EVERY room of the house, yet, every car you own, one in each jacket , and one in the garage, by the fusebox, and one that solar charges, or hand crank charges if you lose power for a month.

so if you ask me you barley begun :)

find yourself about 20 really CHEAP ones that work ABout the same as the spencive ones, then when the FAD of the overpriced ones wears out, you still got money to buy them.

Last edited:

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course you should have a 9P as a backup to the M3!
And without a doubt you need a Photon Freedom Microlight so you have a bright running LED light to have when your not home.
Oh, and a PentagonLight L2 3W is an excellent high output 2 cell LED light.

There simply is no end my freind....

bebe

Newly Enlightened
"Hello, I'm Børre, and I'm a flashaholic"

I have just found it out myself...

and I was not aware that there even where a flashaholic, I thought I had to live in the darkness - alone

now I can feel my heart goes faster and I get moisty palms :)

tch_popeye

Newly Enlightened
Wow. I can now see why they don't simply let the addicts run AA - without a trained moderator/counselor they would just keep coaxing each other back into the habit!

And then, one begins to understand why some of you flashaholics have hundreds and thousands of posts: now that your significant others have stopped talking to you, you need to look for company within the windows of this forum along with the rest of this motley band of light crusaders. ;)

You've all been so *little* help so far, nudging me towards another purchase...

$$$

... that maybe I could ask for a qualified opinion about these persistent viruses. I've read several people state the opinion that they should have just submitted to the "M6" virus first and saved some suffering, instead of catching every other flashlight "virus" along the way and still falling victim to the "M6" eventually anyway.

Is there anybody who would/did still buy the M3/T *after* buying the M6? Is there really any point?

Somebody call an $urgeon, this wallet is hemorrhaging!

-Trev

rmacias

Enlightened
greenLED said:
You don't need to suffer, my friend. Simply go buy one. :D

Darn it I couldn't resist....I bought 2....one for me and one for the wife. Let the light games begin. :laughing:

RJM

Last edited: