Mag "D" size Tail Cap switches

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will soon be offering a modding service for mag tail cap switches. The switch I will be using is the Judco 14v 10amp On/Off Switch or if you using your Mag for an Nflex type board then I can install the Judco 2 amp rated momentary switch. I will post pictures of the Prototype later this evening. If interested please send me a PM. All switch parts are fully machined.

Thanks Mac

Last edited:

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, really cool, not only for it being the main switch in a cutdown light, but you could make your mag a 2stage tail switch. The barrell switch could still be on/off, and the tail cap could be resistance/no resistance. Or vise versa.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here are the switch internals. Prices will be the same as modamag previously priced at $30. The difference between the original miyama design and the one I'm offering is a much more positive feeling switch along with a 10 amp rating. The miyama switch was easily turned on or off by mistake. This switch has a much firmer actuation. I can also offer custom cutdown lengths on the mag tubes you just need to supply the dimensions.

Mac

I can offer the following switches also as they are the same form factor.

14v 10amp On*Off
14v 3amp On*Off* Momentary On
14v 3amp On1*Off*On2*Off

switch-vi.jpg

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, how is this going to work? Do we send in our tailcaps to be modified or can you provide them? Choice of colors if provided? I'm definitely in for (2) 14v 10amp On*Off units. Payment info?

I'm gettin' all antsy :p .

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
DFiorentino said:
So, how is this going to work? Do we send in our tailcaps to be modified or can you provide them? Choice of colors if provided? I'm definitely in for (2) 14v 10amp On*Off units. Payment info?

I'm gettin' all antsy :p .

This what I'm currently trying to figure out. I have no problem with purchasing tail caps if anyone knows where they can be purchased for a reasonable price. I also have no problem with purchasing 10 complete lights and setting up an exchange program but that might be a pain. Payment would be your choice I prefer paypal. I have a merchant acccount with over 300 transactions.

Mac

Sway

Flashlight Enthusiast
Color me very interested in getting several Tail Cap's modded, I just need to take inventory of what all I need done :grin2:

Later
Kelly

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
So... are our lights going to be shortned by removing the existing switch or is this just an "additional" switch in the tail and the stock switch won't be used anymore?

Curtis

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
cue003 said:
So... are our lights going to be shortned by removing the existing switch or is this just an "additional" switch in the tail and the stock switch won't be used anymore?

Curtis

This is more for cutdown units but I could also order some ON*ON switches and add some resistance to one side of the switch so you could have 2 different brightness levels while still using the stock switch in addition to the tail switch.

Also Like I said earlier you can specify to me what size tube you would like and I can cut down a "D" sizw mag to any length you desire to add to the tail switch. I can provide the Host for $20 or you could supply your own.

Mac

Last edited:

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
can use this in a cut down mag with a nflex in Poweron mode? hmmmm...