Is my comparison test accurate?

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
I went to a local Surefire dealer today and took my CPF LE 16 with me to compare the brightness to a Surefire L2 and a Surefire U2 Ultra.

I found that using fresh batteries in all 3, the CPF LE 16 was brighter than either of the Surefire torches. What i mean to say is the CPF LE 16 had a definant spot to it where both of the Surefire torches where more dispersed in their light.

So am i simply being deceived by the reflector and that is why my perception shows the CPF LE 16 torch brighter?

Anyone done any similar comparisons?

One thing i did notice that surprised me was how light the Surefire L2 was. I expected it to weigh similar or more than my Surefire 6P. I was surprised.

iNDiGLo

Kiessling

Flashaholic
If this CPF LE 16 uses a LuxIII in a reflector it can be expected to have a higher lux-reading inthe hotspot as a LuxIII can be focussed more tightly than the LuxV in the Surefires. This isn't an indication of luminous flux though but merely a descriptive method for beam spread. So ... if you want to compare throw / lux readings yur test is ok, if it is total output that interests you, it isn't.

Now ... if the CPF LE 16 is something different, forget what I said :D :D

bernie