chinese led torch's Vs Surefires/Inovas/etc

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
how do they compare for flood capability? i dont have enough money to go out and get myself a surefire but i do have an inova X5 and alot of cheap ebay lights

the inova is actually worse on battery life and less bright than the 21 and 32 led lights off ebay (the inova is not in this picture) not to mention it uses cr123. the ebay lights are using rechargable 800mah AAA cells x3 per flash light.

does anyone have a surefire LED flashlight comparison with the cheap chinese ones off ebay?

in order it goes 12LED UV / Dorcy cheapo incan light AAx2 / 8LED 8000K (ebay) / 21LED 5500K (ebay) / 32LED 8000K (ebay)

IMG_2454.jpg

the incan is useless even with fresh batteries, the leds are all nearing half charge from me abusing them.

ledled

Newly Enlightened
Wow, my chinese 41 LED only last about 15 mins!. THe inova should last 4-5 hours. I am always amazed how well the LED clones are made. I meant the emitter excluding the poor soldering work, of course.

pr5owner

Newly Enlightened
might be the crappy cr123 batteries i got, but it only lasts about 2 hours then goes to half brightness and then maybe another hour more then its dead

i ordered a 42LED 6AAA light for only $18CAD shipped, ill see how long it lasts but my 32LED light lasts for more than 6 hours (thats full bright + half bright run time) using 800MAH AAA batteries (3x)
42_LED_G.jpg

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some are just ok, I have had many just fall apart after a few weeks of owning
them, poor switches, poor led tint bad threads, I just gave up in the end,
Rather save my pennys for something decent

Gwaihir

Newly Enlightened
TORCH_BOY said:
Some are just ok, I have had many just fall apart after a few weeks of owning
them, poor switches, poor led tint bad threads, I just gave up in the end,
Rather save my pennys for something decent

Me too. I own 5 cheap chinese led flashlights and they have several problems: 2 flashlights - bad switches (the light is blinking and dimming, and i must push the button several times before it turns on), 1 flashlight - became completely dead after 1 month of use (electronics failed), 2 flashlights - still working. IMHO - they all are nice looking, but have poor quality and have no reliability. I disapointed in cheap flashlights.

ledled

Newly Enlightened
I rarely use the switch on chinese flashlight, that includes the fenix, RR.
I simply leave the switch on all the time and just turn the bezel for on/off.
More reliable, it seems.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generally, the wider the head, the wider the flood. The 19-LED Quake II and 21-LED MEK are fine flooders and have solid reverse clickies. Each uses two 123A cells. I've owned both. The only problem is that on each model, one or more LEDs remain unlit in damp weather.