Another SF convert

Kershaw

Enlightened
My uncle who flew in from Nevada for thanksgiving dinner was looking at my lights and said, "what brand is this thing?", holding up my 9p w/p91. I told him it was a brand called surefire that a lot of police officers and armed forces personnel use. I took him over to my local SF dealer and he wanted to purchase the E2D but i persuaded him to get the E2E instead as he travels by plane a lot and according to TSA it is a "dangerous weapon". He is really satisfied with his new sf and plans to buy a SF Z2 and a X200 for his .45.

BigBaller

Enlightened
Nice work! Gota love them SureFires... and good call on the E2E. :thumbsup:

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
Kershaw said:
I took him over to my local SF dealer and he wanted to purchase the E2D but i persuaded him to get the E2E instead as he travels by plane a lot and according to TSA it is a "dangerous weapon".

Why would the E2D be considered a dangerous weapon and not the E2E?

Minimoog

Enlightened
GeoScouter said:
Why would the E2D be considered a dangerous weapon and not the E2E?

Because the E2D has 'crenalations' - a strike bezel, designed to do an attacker some damage if used correctly. It is a 'sharp instrument' at the least, so no-go in aircraft I am afraid.

E2e is the perfect holiday light - I don't leave home without it.

Ian

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
'cause the E2D has those pointy crenellations (oooh, it's got pointy bits! Must be a weapon!)

GeoScouter

Newly Enlightened
Soundbox said:
Because the E2D has 'crenalations' - a strike bezel, designed to do an attacker some damage if used correctly. It is a 'sharp instrument' at the least, so no-go in aircraft I am afraid.

Thanks I didn't know that. I didn't think it was the size issue.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's some range of definition. I've heard from people who have flown all over the world with an E2d and not had a problem. It will depend on the judgement of who is working security at the time, but better to be safe with the standard E2e than have your $100+ E2D taken. Plus, it says "Defender" on it, branding itself as a self defense tool. Small things that as we know really don't turn it from a flashlight into a fearsome deadly weapon, but won't look good when you try to explain it. IMHO, better to stay low profile.
(I've considered getting a yellow G2 just to have for a benign travel flashlight.)

Hey, congrats on bringing another SF fan into the fold! :)

Last edited:

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
The E2E is one of the best out there....you can get a two way switch and KL1 head and have an even better light IMO!

Kershaw

Enlightened
I don't mean to hijack my own thread but the E2E he bought was HA3 black. Is this finish rare, should i pick up one those black ones too?