Fenix L1P integrating sphere test anyone?

paulr

Flashaholic
The L1P claims 42 lumens but I'm very skeptical that anywhere near that much makes it out the front.

This is a cool enough light with enough users that maybe a serious integrating sphere test (not a milk jug test) is possibly warranted. There's a lab in Arizona that Arc uses for these tests and IIRC a test costs a few hundred dollars. I'm willing to put in $10 or so towards this. Anyone else interested?

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought someone already did one and got like 25 or 26 lumens... Of course, to make it more scientific, a number of lights would need to be tested.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
McGizmo posted testing his LIP, using his IS, and measured 26 lumens. That is essentially what Quickbeam got using his light light box, if you multiply his number X 1.4. Anyway, somewhat under 30 lumens might be fairly accurate. Pretty good considering 1AA battery, and the good runtime of the light. See flashlightreviews.com for review of Fenix L1P.

Bill

Freedom1955

Enlightened
I'm guessing mines around 20 to 25 lumens or so. it's brighter than my HDS EDC B60 on primary, which I believe is around 10 lumen's and about as bright as my QIII. Mines also got a lime green tint to the beam.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best estimate of the Fenix v2.5 L1P that I have is a little over 30 lumens with a fresh NiMH AA, but after a very short time the brightness drops to about 27 lumens and holds there pretty well, gradually diminishing from there.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
When looking back 2 years when the ArcLS was the benchmark of small Luxeon lights, it did about 20lm max for roughly 2 hours on 1x123 ... makes the huge advances in technology obvious that we are enjoying now! I don't say this to bash the Arc but to praise the Fenix and the rest of the new generation lights ...
bernie

cy

Flashaholic
Don posted an unofficial 26 lumens from his fenix L1-P, measured in his sphere

typical losses from reflector, lens and LED die heat can be 40-45% range or more. 46 x 55% = 25.3 lumens

most mfg will state lumens produced VS useful lumens measured out front end.

rare exceptions like surefire list conservative lumens out front end, then reduce for luxeon lottery factor.

Last edited: