Target is out of River Rock's!!

ottoluck

Newly Enlightened
:sweat: I need to buy several 2-"AA" River Rock's for gifts, and Target Dept. Store has been out of them for weeks now in my area!. Does anyone know of another source for these at a comparable price?. They sell for $20 at Target, but I believe I read a post awhile back that stated the original (forgot the name!) sold for $35. What can I do, the holidays are approaching real fast!. HELP!!...

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
check with amondotech.com and/or advancedmart.com for the Nuwai TM-310H (1xAAA) and/or Nuwai TM-311H (2xAA).

ottoluck

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Roy, the nuwai n2fx-tm6sh for $29.50+$6.50 shipping is interesting with the high/low switch and the spot/flood feature, but it is a bit expensive for a gift, yet I may get one for myself!.

I checked out both sites you listed and they do not offer anything in the $20 price range that is equal to the River Rock!. It appears that Target is giving these away for that price, maybe that is why they are unable to even get them!. I call their store 4 times a week to check on their new shipments and they are unable to get any 2-AA's. I am thinking this may be a problem throughout the country with all Target stores.

jkuo13

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure that the Targets near me have them pretty well stocked. If your Target isn't going to get stock anytime soon, I could pick up a few for you for the actual cost+shipping. It might take me a few days though since my car is currently undergoing mechanical surgery.

TPA

Enlightened
The RR's have been a bit sparse around here as well, especially the lanterns. Was thinking of giving a few of them as Christmas/hurricane gifts, but no such luck finding any.

BlackDecker

Enlightened
You sure you want to buy a 2AA River Rock? The beam has no spill at all. I own one, find it pretty much worthless.

Now the 2AAA River Rock is a real keeper, so is the lantern and headlamp.

ottoluck

Newly Enlightened
Greetings BlackDecker, I want the 2-AA's because of the tight beam, I do have a 2-AAA for myself and yes, I do like the wider spill beam also. They both have a specific purpose. They two friends I am giving these too, have a need for a tight and bright beam. I am also giving a couple of the 2-AAA's to other friends!.Mr jkuo13, I will try Target until Friday, if no luck I will get a message to you, Thanks for your offer!.

InfidelCastro

Banned
BlackDecker said:
You sure you want to buy a 2AA River Rock? The beam has no spill at all. I own one, find it pretty much worthless.

Now the 2AAA River Rock is a real keeper, so is the lantern and headlamp.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying that. I have the 2C which has the same beam and I find it very useful as a short to medium range light.

TPA

Enlightened
I use the 2AA RR for my latenight hikes. When there truly is no light in the area, this light actually does have noticable spill. Not much, but just enough to see where I'm stepping. This very little spill also keeps me from losing my night vision.

greenLED

Flashaholic
There were several AAA, AA, and even a couple of C-sized last time I checked, but no lanterns :(

Incidentally, anyone has reviews on the C-size? Looked really nice.

InfidelCastro

Banned
TPA said:
I use the 2AA RR for my latenight hikes. When there truly is no light in the area, this light actually does have noticable spill. Not much, but just enough to see where I'm stepping. This very little spill also keeps me from losing my night vision.

One thing I've noticed is that for whatever reason, the 2C tends to have just a bit more sidespill than the 2AA. I don't know why this would be so, since they both use the same reflector, LED and power source.

greenLED

Flashaholic
InfidelCastro said:
One thing I've noticed is that for whatever reason, the 2C tends to have just a bit more sidespill than the 2AA. I don't know why this would be so, since they both use the same reflector, LED and power source.

Same reflector? Are you sure? The head of the C model looked twice as large as the AA model, IIRC.

TPA

Enlightened
I'm definitely with GreenLED on this one... the C was noticably larger. Otherwise the light would have looked rather dumb with a large handle for the C cells and a tiny head/reflector.

How much more side spill are we talking? I might have to add another flashlight to my collection

D

DO_U_C_DA_LITE

I've been in 3 seperate Targets this weekend and no 2aa River Rocks. The lanterns are spotty, 1 or 2 on the shelf. Also, the 1aaa's seem to be selling well.:)

ottoluck

Newly Enlightened
Well Lightfanatics, it seems this may be a countrywide problem. I am thinking that the manufacturer cannot keep up with Target's order on the 2-AA model!. I can buy any of the other models with no problem, but I guess the 2-AA is the most populr model. I spoke with several of Target's employee's and told them about the results of this post and they said it makes sense. They have no idea if Target has a fair distribution system or if some store's get first dibs on them. SO, I may have to just give everyone a 2-AAA model. The reason I wanted to go with the RR's for gifts is the low cost and good quality!. I am new to this "flashlight thing" and started out with the RR"s, but I now see that I want more, more, more I tell you!!...

InfidelCastro

Banned
Ok, was at Target again tonight (they're gonna start thinking I'm casing the place). The 2C reflector is actually quite a bit larger than the 2AA one. I never realized it was that much larger.

Anyways, they had at least ten of the 2AA's and ten of the 2C's. They also had a few of the River Rock Lanterns as usual. I once again resisted the temptation to buy one or all of them. They always seem to be out of the different kinds of LED nightlights through.

Was looking for a spotlight, they actually didn't have jack in that regards. Scheels had the 6.5MCP version of the Thor for $29.99. I was thinking of picking one up, but then I figured it's probably not much smaller than the 10MCP or 15MCP versions if at all.

I did end up picking up a Surefire Outdoorsman though! And boy am I happy! I like the new clicky tailcap and 25 lumens I think will be plenty for me.