Battery Life

wuyeah

Enlightened
Hi. kind of stupid to ask you guys this. Most you guys have 15 lights or plus. Does all your light has its battery??

Is it good to keep battery in the light even if you don't use it? I just want to make sure keeping batteries in lights will or will not drain the battery life even is not in use. Wish not one day emergence, i pick it up, it doesn't have its power.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep mine fully loaded at all times except when recharging the batteries in some of them. Lithium cells pose minimal danger of leaking.

And I load the alkaline ones anyway. As long as you check the batteries every few months you should be OK. Make sure you change them long before their expiry date. This was a big problem, before I became a flashaholic - I'd use the lights until the very last drop, which increased the risk of leaking. Nowadays I use the lights so often and change batteries so often that there is minimal risk of this happening, so I keep them fully loaded.

HOWEVER.... if I knew I was going to be leaving them for a long time, such as several months to a year or more, I would remove the batteries.

78CJ5

Newly Enlightened
[Most you guys have 15 lights or plus.]

I have a Surefire L2 and a 2D Maglite.

I'm trying to get to three here pretty quick...

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
all mine are loaded set to go.
but i dont have crasy collections or way$$$$ lights.
and i have rechargables in everything now.

but if it was alkaline, and it was going to be parked for more than a year, i would pull.
if it is DEAD or near dead primary of any sort, i would pull as soon as i noticed it was exausted.

if i had collections like some in the collection forum, i would pull.