6.5 quake in Hawaii!!!

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday was definitely a pain in the buttocks, especially for those of us who still had to go to work. At least car air conditioners aren't powered by electricity. :) I think I was the only one in Hawaii that slept through the earthquake. But yeah, the hotel I work at was passing out glow sticks. I didn't see a lot of flashlights but the ones I saw were those cheapo 2D lights and Maglites. I saw one of the security guys with something that looked like a Surefire G2, oh, and there were flourescent lanterns too. All I had was a 2D eveready, Maxfire LX and Craftsman 3xAAA Endurable in the car and a Photon II and Arc AAA-P on me. Left the other 23 lights at home. It would've been pretty fun to whip out a ROP or Mag85, but someone didn't charge the batteries...:whistle: Glad to hear that the other members in the islands are doing well!

conor

Newly Enlightened
i didnt realize we had so many locals on this board.

I also live in pearl city, i was at the airport waiting to board my flight as the quake happened. We ended up stuck in the plane for 2 hours before htey moved us to another plane. We went to kona for an overnight trip, what a day to go LOL. Just glad everyone was safe.