A Collection Of Runtime Graphs

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened
Re: Want to post some runtime graphs

Hello,
thanks a lot for the graphs :twothumbs.
Concerning the Inova Bolt 2AAA, does it drop as does the 2AA?
This because your graph ends abruptly :).

Kind regards,
Joris

22hornet
Yes, the Bolt 3A dropped suddenly appx. 7min after the graph ended (3h14m total time).

I stopped all my graphs at 500Lux for consistancy. I consider that the lowest usable light for myself in an outdoor environment. Indoor use or outdoors in the snow could go considerably lower as snow and white walls can greatly enhance a low level light.

C.P.T.

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

Here is one I forgot in the original run, the Mag 3D with stock Incan (1G4). This is using Energizer Alkalines.

Mag3D-Incan.jpg

1h50m to 50% and downhill from there.

C.P.T.

Last edited:

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

Last one for a while. This is a Mini-Mag with a Niteize 1W single LED drop-in on Energizer Alkalines.

Mini-Mag-Niteize1LED.jpg

A good combination of brightness and runtime, just over 7hrs to 50% and 8.5hrs total. Its almost twice as bright as the Nitize 3LED drop-in and runs 12min shorter to 500Lux. So far, the best upgrade for a Mini-Mag that I've found (haven't fully tested the SMJLEDs yet).

I'm currently testing the Niteize Mag 3D LED drop-in. I should have a graph by the end of the week. Later.

C.P.T.

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

OK, here is the Mag 3D with a Niteize 10mm LED drop-in. This is running on Energizer Alkalines.

Mag3D-NiteizeLED.jpg

Don't know what else to say but :wow:. This ran for 90hrs before falling off and it made 92+ hrs before hitting 50%. Granted, it's not a superbright light, but it's definately a battery saver for long term use.
Edit: This is the Nitieze drop-in I tested.
http://www.niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=28&product_id=127

C.P.T.

Last edited:

seale_navy

Enlightened

thanks for doing this type of review its really useful ...more models of the surefire would be great such as the E1B and the E2DL runtime graphs. and then this thread will be the premier dedicated runtime graph resources.... :p

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Interesting comparing the 6PL and the E2L. They are showing about same lux, 6500, with the E2L lasting two hours longer in regulation, both using two SF CR123's.

Bill

Burgess

Flashaholic

Wow ! :thumbsup:

Thank you, BigWaffles, for performing a Run-Time test

which took no less than FOUR DAYS to complete ! ! !

:wow::goodjob::thanks:
_

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

We're down to appx. 4hrs of sunlight at this time of year (6.5hrs of daylight). What better time to run a 4 day runtime test?

Sunrise: 10:56am
Sunset: 2:45pm
Civil Twilight: 9:32am - 4:09PM

C.P.T.

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

thanks for doing this type of review its really useful ...more models of the surefire would be great such as the E1B and the E2DL runtime graphs. and then this thread will be the premier dedicated runtime graph resources.... :p

If your're willing to donate a few lights...:D

I wish I had a few more Surefire models to test, kinda fun. For now I'll just have to be happy with what my wallet will allow me to get.

C.P.T.

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

Ok, here is the last one I have for now. This is a Mini-Mag with the SMJLED puck (I think that's what it's called) running on Energizer alkalines. The horizontal scale is in hours.

Mini-Mag-LighthoundSMJLED.jpg

Not sure what to make of this graph. I would be totally impressed with this drop-in if it weren't for the initial screwyness; but waiting 2 hours for your light to level out won't cut it for most people. I tried this with 2 different pucks in 2 different Mini-Mag hosts with similar results.

These SMJLED pucks were purchased from Lighthound. I've read that the ones from the Sandwich Shoppe, although they look identical, are in fact different. I'm going to order one and run another test. Maybe it will have a smother graph. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I have that one posted. Later.

C.P.T.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast

OK, here is the Mag 3D with a Niteize LED drop-in. This is running on Energizer Alkalines.

Mag3D-NiteizeLED.jpg

Don't know what else to say but :wow:. This ran for 90hrs before falling off and it made 92+ hrs before hitting 50%. Granted, it's not a superbright light, but it's definately a battery saver for long term use.

C.P.T.
Is that this drop-in?

I'm not sure I'd call it's output useful at any point in the batteries life. :shakehead

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

Is that this drop-in?

I'm not sure I'd call it's output useful at any point in the batteries life. :shakehead

Yes, that's the correct drop-in. As I mentioned, it's not super bright (ok, not very bright at all), but it is sufficient for around the house, allowing you to save the brighter lights for intermittent use as needed. I keep one of these in my tailcap for true, long-term ermergency use.

C.P.T.

slick228

Newly Enlightened

Thank you, BigWaffles. The graphs that you provided us are invaluable. I'm surprised that no one asked or requested for a high and low run time chart for the new 2-stage SureFire E1L. It would be an interesting comparison to your 2-stage E2L.

:D

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

Thanks all for the positive feedback. :thumbsup:

I finally got a Fenix E01 for my keychain (I know, a little late to the party) and here is the graph. This is running on an Energizer Ultimate Lithium AAA.

FenixE01.jpg

Awesome runtime for a single AAA light with good regulation. A sturdy build with nice useable output. A very good value at $15.00.

C.P.T.

seale_navy

Enlightened

yeah a review of the E1L outdoorman would be nice...

anyway know where i can find the runtime graph for surefire L4? all review i found its not the lastest L4 with 100 lumens.

Size15's

Flashaholic

anyway know where i can find the runtime graph for surefire L4? all review i found its not the lastest L4 with 100 lumens.
I'd be interested to know how this turns out. There should be no difference between them since there was no change - only that SureFire determined that 100 lumens was a more appropriate rating as a result of extensive testing of production units.

Al

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

Unfortunately I'm all out of Surefires to test, maybe someone else will chime in. I'd also be curios to see how the E1L stacks up.

C.P.T.

BigWaffles

Newly Enlightened

Would you prefer certain surefires to be mailed to you for testing instead?

That's a definite possibility. It's also quite a leap of faith to mail a quality light to a newcomer here on the forums. I don't want to squash the idea but I think I'd be almost as nervous accepting the light as the person mailing it.

If someone else wants to check runtimes maybe I could mail the test box and light meter to a more established member? There would be a lot more members here that could vouch for them.

Definitely a line of thought worth pursuing.

C.P.T.

Burgess

Flashaholic

to BigWaffles --

Don't sell yer'self short, my friend . . . .

With your excellent Run-Time Graphs,
you've quickly established yourself here on CPF.

:twothumbs :goodjob:

We look forward to seeing whatever else you are willing to provide.

Oh, but could you please use a slightly Larger Font
in your graphs ?

My eyes aren't as young as they used to be.

Thank you for your efforts, time, and dedication !

:thanks:
_