• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Ahorton's sales (Lenses, headlamps ...)

ahorton

Enlightened
Re: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, screws, headlamps, connectors, Silicone grease and more)

I don't think the P60 format can transfer the heat well enough from an SST-90. So if it doesn't burn, then it will soon dim. Of course I'm sure you know this and will work around it as much as possible.

The thread on the spacer and pill should allow a bit of focusing range. I think the focal distance with the SST-90 is a little longer so you'll only have to unscrew it to make it work. Hopefully there is enough thread on both pill and spacer. I haven't done this myself so you'll have to experiment.

Codiak

Enlightened
Re: Ahorton's sales (Lenses, screws, headlamps, connectors, Silicone grease and more)

Paypal sent Transaction ID 27840455EB0280058

ahorton

Enlightened

Thanks. They'll be in the mail by Monday.

Gary123

Enlightened

If you are taking names for kits, you can put me down for two. If not, I will try to keep an eye on this thread so I can get them.

CKOD

Enlightened

(40) 27.2mm aspheric lenses + registered post $225, paypal sent!

ahorton

Enlightened

Thanks... can't wait to see what you make!

midget

Enlightened

i have an old-style surefire 6P head, the kind that came with a stock plastic lens.

this wouldn't work to modify to an aspheric lens w/ spacer, because there are no threads on this bezel, right?

otherwise, could i get a 27.2mm lens (w/ kit) to fit a solarforce L2 head?

ahorton

Enlightened

Midget,

Sorry I don't have either of those lights so I can't really confirm anything for you.

At some point I'll try to collect a list of hosts that other people have used.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast

These are really nice lenses. I just managed to reach 58K cp running off a single 18650.:)

ahorton

Enlightened

.... and that's a new record.

Significantly higher than the previous record at a claimed 32K cp

So the (approximate) results so far have been:

XR-E R2 1000mA EZ1000 --> 20K cp
XR-E R2 1000mA EZ900 --> 25K cp (+ 25%)
XR-E R2 1400mA EZ900 --> 32K cp (+28%)
Saabluster's magic LED --> 58K cp (+81%)

Is the game over now?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast

.... and that's a new record.

Significantly higher than the previous record at a claimed 32K cp

So the (approximate) results so far have been:

XR-E R2 1000mA EZ1000 --> 20K cp
XR-E R2 1000mA EZ900 --> 25K cp (+ 25%)
XR-E R2 1400mA EZ900 --> 32K cp (+28%)
Saabluster's magic LED --> 58K cp (+81%)

Is the game over now?

Game over?! I'm just getting started.:kiss: To get much higher than this in the current host will be difficult though. I'm guessing the most I can squeeze out of this package, and I do mean squeeze, is going to be in the 80-90K cp range. We shall see.

ahorton

Enlightened

:popcorn:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

Does anyone have pictures of design ideas?? I am currently using 52mm aspheric condenser lenses from CVI Laser, but I'd like to go with a P60 host like the SolarForce L2 since these are going to be scope and or rail mounted. Would I have enough room for a 18650 with this focal length of your 27mm aspheric?

We seem to have lost all the pictures from the previous thread, and none here : )

Last edited:

ahorton

Enlightened

If you post detailed internal dimensions then it can be worked out.

Otherwise I can't say because I don't own that light.

The lens is designed for P60 so it fits in most that can take a 27.3mm diameter dropin.

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you post detailed internal dimensions then it can be worked out.

Otherwise I can't say because I don't own that light.

The lens is designed for P60 so it fits in most that can take a 27.3mm diameter dropin.

The Solarforce L2 uses a P60 dropin, the only difference I see is the Solarforce uses 1X 18650 vs. the Surefire 6P's 2x CR123A, that's why I chose to go that route. Is there a hefty pill that can be used? The one that comes with the reflector assy from DX I have here is very thin, and is probably suited for lower drive currents, like 700mAh. Since I won't need a reflector with an aspheric, it would be nice if the pill threaded or pressed into the head instead of threading into the reflector.

Thanks for the info.

ahorton

Enlightened

Since I won't need a reflector with an aspheric, it would be nice if the pill threaded or pressed into the head instead of threading into the reflector.

Yeah that's definitely the better option. The spacers I've made are just a quick and cheap method of getting an aspheric P60. What is really needed is to abandon the 'drop-in' concept and make a whole host around the LED and lens.

I'm not aware of a commonly available pill that does much better than DX ones. Agreed they are pretty thin.

Codiak

Enlightened

Just got the lenses.... damn nice... I may regret not buying more

I'll play some this weekend, but it looks like a focal length of 5mm?!
My next XM-L light gonna be nice...!

ahorton

Enlightened

Is that 5mm from top of XM-L dome to flat back of lens?

I thought it was more like 9.5mm with the XM-L but I've never tried it myself. This is just going off what others have said.

The XR-E should give about 6.5mm for best focus, but down to about 5.8mm give similar brightness but more blurred.

Codiak

Enlightened

5mm is an aprox it's likely a couple more since I need to defocus it just a hair. I'll have the real number next week

kevinm

Enlightened

Ahorton, your links to those crazy headlamps are down. Would you mind including them in this thread?

Thanks,
Kevin

Latest posts