Am I crazy to sell these Surefire museum pieces?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genoan

Newly Enlightened
And doing so just so you could make sure to set your reserve high enough on eBay would be pretty poor form anyways.

I despise reserve auctions, both as a seller and as a buyer. I prefer true market pricing either way.

I assume that the only normal way to sell here is by taking a stab at a price, and selling if you get an offer, or lowering if you don't. eBay seems to be less work.

Is it permissible to post a thread pointing to eBay auction on the CPFMarketplace?

Helmut.G

Enlightened
am I permitted to post a thread with lovely photos, sharing the historical piece for all to appreciate, and get a true auction market price?
You may post as many lovely photos as you want (e.g. in the Rare Surefire Thread) and I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate it. :)

I assume that the only normal way to sell here is by taking a stab at a price, and selling if you get an offer, or lowering if you don't.
Yes, that's the way it goes in the MarketPlace.

As to the question if you're crazy, selling something valueable that means nothing to you isn't crazy if you need money.

Last edited:

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
Interesting thread. I'm sure the accidental publicity for the Ebay sale was just that- accidental. :)

LE6920

Newly Enlightened
Interesting that you removed the light from the ebay auction.

cy

Flashaholic
had a brain fart this morning... at a Shot Show part hosted by PK years ago. if there is only one Ti Titan made with magnetic cap. PK was wearing this light and showing it off. Sasha, Mutt, Larry, and a whole bunch of other CPF folks was there. still got a unopened Surefire PK light given as a door prize. Surefire made sure no one left empty handed.

Genoan

Newly Enlightened
For what it's worth, I have posted new pictures of this item, and they are found in high resolution, at the current auction that can be found by googling "ebay surefire titanium."

Bigpal

Enlightened
...This is believed to be a rare one-of-a-kind collectible, acquired by a former Surefire insider...

...I do not know how many others were made. This probably wasn't the only one, but I can't imagine there were more than just a few...

Last edited:

Genoan

Newly Enlightened
Pointers to auctions belong in the Marketplace, remember?

I'd love to, but these sites seem determined to make it impossible for someone to qualify to post. I read the rules, did some topical posting, and twas not authorized, and the mods ignored my request for help. If I'm not welcome here to share this gem, then I'll just have to live with the eBay viewers being the only ones to know about this.

I just thought that a non-enthusiast might be welcome to share info and a purchase opportunity with enthusiasts.

Bigpal

Enlightened
You are more than welcome. Everybody is, but statements like this:

As much as I admire this forum's members, my goal isn't to market to the niche, and have a lower price and a great deal for a member, when a collector who values it more can bid on eBay...

say you don't want to sell it here and are just feeling it out.

As for CPFMP, in my case anyway, my initiation posts were moderated fairly quickly and I was able to sell. Give it a little time and you'll be able to post over there too. Just make sure you're posting where posts count.

Last edited:

Genoan

Newly Enlightened
As for CPFMP, in my case anyway, my initiation posts were moderated fairly quickly and I was able to sell. Give it a little time and you'll be able to post over there too. Just make sure you're posting where posts count.

I'm just looking to provide information to the folks here in case it benefits them, as potential buyers.

I spent hours poring through the rules and posting where I was supposed to, and never made the grade, and it simply isn't worth my time to play the games here. The only forum on the planet I've encountered such challenges (compare cars, guns, video, politics, etc.)

nbp

Flashaholic
You have 7 posts on the MP, which is enough to start a thread.

This is the correct subforum for a pointer thread, which has been what this thread has been all along. Your question, and this thread were designed to drum up enthusiasm for your pending auction.

You don't have to pretend to be doing this for our good, it just comes across as pandering. The answers from the membership in regards to your question in the title were irrelevant. You set your heart on ebay months ago. You could most certainly have gotten a good price here, but you chose otherwise, and that is fine, as money was the driving factor and you felt you could make more elsewhere. So just do it and be done with it.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is the correct subforum for a pointer thread, which has been what this thread has been all along. Your question, and this thread were designed to drum up enthusiasm for your pending auction.

You don't have to pretend to be doing this for our good, it just comes across as pandering. The answers from the membership in regards to your question in the title were irrelevant. You set your heart on ebay months ago. You could most certainly have gotten a good price here, but you chose otherwise, and that is fine, as money was the driving factor and you felt you could make more elsewhere. So just do it and be done with it.

I agree with you...shilling on this board, plain and simple.

Chris

Genoan

Newly Enlightened

This is the correct subforum for a pointer thread, which has been what this thread has been all along.

Thank you for the kind pointer. I have posted there, having found my account now active. My apologies for having posted this here in error.

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
Go with your instinct and sell them for a nice, collectible wristwatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.