Another Bay Area Get together

DrJ

Enlightened
Yup...we could do one at my place...I live right outside of San Jose, apparently pretty close to Jim. I know it's a little bit of a drive for some of the Northern Cal people, but there are also a bunch of us in the Silicon Valley area too....

We could do some real long range testing in the school yard, everyone likes to see those lighting up the tree pictures right?

As far as the timing, we'll just see when people are ready to go again....

DrJ

Enlightened
When I went to put a new bulb (and reflector) in my M@g623, I pulled out the old bulb, but one of the bulb pins was so loose that it stayed in the socket!

Here's a link to the image of the old bulb:

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6440/cpf061125aqi0.jpg

Now I'm amazed the light was working at all!!! And with the new bulb, my M@g623 does appear to be brighter...yup, a friendly rematch is definitely in order....

DrJ said:
Well I didn't elaborate at the meet, although I did mention it in passing...but my M@g623 came with a slightly cracked bulb, glass cracked around one of the pins, (probably happened during shipping)...and in cleaning the glass from the reflector, when I discovered it later when I took the head off, I left fine scratches on the reflector...don't know if that made a difference or not....

Also I made sure I really rested my batteries after charging, I have not yet tried the light with the batteries hot off the charger, although I understand that it can be done.

Some new parts are on the way for my light now, so I see a future possible rematch shaping up....