Any love for EagleTac

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
From the three I've owned, ET maks nice lights. I had a P100C2 neutral a couple of years ago, that I sold off. Then recently got a D25LC2 Mini neutral, but didn't like the tint-shift to green on the lower levels. (In ET's defense, I think that's a tint-lottery issue with these D25 series lights...their earlier model neutrals had reportedly conssitent tint bins). Anyway, I let that one go just becasue of the tint. But I'm thinking of grabbing another, cool tinted D25-something light. I also recently bougth another P100C2 neutral on the Marketplace to replace the one I'd sold a couple of years ago, and am glad I have it back. Great tint, very good throw for its size, and a great form factor.

tjswarbrick

Enlightened
Have a P20C2 MKII Neutral. It's a fantastic light.
Small enough for easy carry, bright on Hi, great runtimes on low, and handy UI.
Works just I expect it to, every time. It's never let me down.
After ~ 6 mos pocket carry with my keys, there are a few wear spots on the coating, but nothing excessive.

Blitzwing

Enlightened
Had a T100C2 MkII for ages - the smooth reflector version. Great little pocket thrower and I use it mounted on my .22 for hunting.

Tempsho

Newly Enlightened
My first real flashlight was an Eagletac T10L. Out of all my flashlights, this one is still my favorite! Super simple to use, 2 mode (Twist head to adjust brightness level) no SOS. Tough and a good combination of throw and flood. +1 for ET!

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Eagletac D25LC2 S2 cool white today. I should have it tomorrow. I am looking forward to the clickie versions of this and the D25C. The new 18650 3100mAh cells are better than I thought they would be.

My D25LC2 arrived today and it's a cool compact 18650 light. The very very light OP reflector works really well and gives a good combination of flood and throw. Best of all no green tint. I think the clickie version will be even better.

zenbeam

Enlightened
An Eagletac D25C (XP-G S2) was my first foray into this world of higher quality, higher tech flashlights - received it just last week for that matter! I am absolutely impressed with this little mighty mite! What a blast of light from such a tiny flashlight! I wanted to see how powerful a tiny light can be and I wanted to try out the CR123a battery format (considering you can get them from Amazon at reasonable cost at least).

I like this so much in fact that I have just ordered an EagleTac P100A2 (also XP-G S2) to have powerful, yet still rather small flashlight that uses simple AA batteries (2x in this case). I can't wait for this to arrive.

In my short time as a flashlight "tinkering collector", I have put in lots of reading and research across the web. EagleTac seems to be a top notch brand for high quality, great tech and fair pricing. I will try a Fenix next, but I think both brands are comparable in many ways. IMHO.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
My D25LC2 arrived today and it's a cool compact 18650 light. The very very light OP reflector works really well and gives a good combination of flood and throw. Best of all no green tint. I think the clickie version will be even better.

The reflector is amazing, just enough texture to satisfy a white wall hunter and deep enough to give some decent throw.

Does anyone know if ET has their own manufacturing facility (i.e. Fenix)?

john doe

Newly Enlightened
eagle tac p100a2 was my first led light purchase i made after doing alot of research here on the forum .i was not disappointed either .i find myself grabbing for it daily .it is my most used light .
i have since then bought a fenix tk41 and i have a olight t25 on the way .
the eagle tac will still be my go to light source for upstairs here .i have read that eagle tac tries very hard to get the best tint leds available with no green splash tints .my p100a2 has a very nice cool white beam .
i got my start with eagle tac and i watch for used ones to buy but you gotta be quick ,they go fast .try one you wont be disappointed.

harro

Enlightened
I've got a couple. M3C4 SST50, Tri-R5, X-ML and Tri-X-ML. Had a problem with the Tri-R5 ( only about two and a quarter LEDS running at any output ), but this was sorted by the Aussie distributor immediately. For my hard earned, the single X-ML would be the pick. Also got a PN20A2 ( 2 x AAA ). This one is a fantastic little EDC'er.
Best wishes.

lwknight

Enlightened
I get to join the club now!!
The G25C2 arrived yesterday. I must say , it rocks!
I think this may just be my favorite thus far.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I get to join the club now!!
The G25C2 arrived yesterday. I must say , it rocks!
I think this may just be my favorite thus far.

Once you get a full understanding of the lights functions let us know how you like it. If I understand correctly you can re program the functions of it and change the way it operates

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand that the clickie version of the D25 series is about to be released. I am looking forward the the single CR123A and 18650 version.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested in the D25a or c. Sounded sorta like a Quark mini AA, but hopefully with better quality. But it has a couple points against it:

(1) no clicky switch - I hate twisty switches. I know a clicky switch is supposed to be out soon for the D25c, but it isn't out yet.
(2) cannot use li-ion cells (14500 or 16340). I've gotten to love having a pocket rocket as my EDC... and this means using li-ion. Primary cells just don't cut it.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eagletac said it would be released in two days. Although I suspect it will take a little longer. I shall wait patiently with anticipation. Hopefully they will release the Ti edition too.

Kokopelli

Enlightened
I always had good luck with twisty lights but my latest buy, Fenix E15 was a fiasco and I decided to wait the clicky version of D25LC2. That is a light I will order at the first arrival on the shelves.

dlmorgan999

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just yesterday I received a T20C2 MKII and I already really like this light. I like the look and feel and I like the exchangeable (albeit not P60) modules. I also bought the filter set and they are well made and easy to swap (much easier than on the G25C2).

lwknight

Enlightened
G25C2 info

Once you get a full understanding of the lights functions let us know how you like it. If I understand correctly you can re program the functions of it and change the way it operates

Here is a run down of the light.
It has the familiar smooth XML hotspot and does throw. Its not a TK41 but throws better than my Olight M30.
The spot is typically smooth with no ghost ring and plentyful spill. Maybe the mild orange peel reflector cleared that up.
No yellow/green tint like the Fenix xmls get on low output.

The U.I. is anything but intuitive as far as program changes go. Simple 4 position head twisty switch that can
be programmed for either :
1. 100% / 10 % / strobe1 / strobe 2
2. 100% / 35% / 6% / 0.3%

You have to set the in level 2 and press the tailcap 20 times to change ​ programs.

Loosen and tighten the head quickly to cycle through strobe , High-flash , S.O.S. , beacon , Lo-flash ,

Simply turning the light off resets it to normal ops.

It can be set to a strobe access by double tapping the tailcap if you turn the head to its highest level
then turn the light on/off 20 times uhghin and repeat to return to default.

I'm not much of a hand on writing reviews, so I hope this gives you some insight about he ops.

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. I had gotten that there were multiple steps to change the operation. I would have thought having the four output modes as default would have probably been more useful.
What I find most intriquing is the ability to disable thermal management. Or disable the drop down in output.

SLOCIVIC

Newly Enlightened
Fireclaw18 said:
I was interested in the D25a or c. Sounded sorta like a Quark mini AA, but hopefully with better quality. But it has a couple points against it:

(1) no clicky switch - I hate twisty switches. I know a clicky switch is supposed to be out soon for the D25c, but it isn't out yet.
(2) cannot use li-ion cells (14500 or 16340). I've gotten to love having a pocket rocket as my EDC... and this means using li-ion. Primary cells just don't cut it.

The clicky models will be shipping the end of the month... As far as using 14500 and 16340 cells they are a go! I edc a d25aTi XML with a 14500 and it kicks ***!
The clicky's will have 3 emitter options XML U2, XPG-S2, and XT-E R5.