Any love for EagleTac

sspc

Newly Enlightened
Do you know which filter you used? I played around with the filters with my LC2 S2 a bit, but I never settled on anything.

I'll check when I get home but it is one of two filters that I pulled out of the stack and used...I'm pretty sure that one had "wheat" in the name. But, my the original tint on my Eagletac had an somewhat annoying green hue to it so you may not get the same results using the same color filter on your light.

Add: I just snapped a few pics (excuse the dust/specs) of the front of the light to give an idea of the color of the film I used...it's a champagne like color.

a6671b4c.jpg

72a1b3d0.jpg

28e8cd91.jpg

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast

----------------^

You can see in this shot, EagleTac's parabolic reflector for the D25LC2

Where most other manufacturers use 'whatever' reflector is laying around,
ET developed this reflector to maximize the spatial distribution of the XP-G = particularly fantastic beam!

cyclesport

Enlightened
Just ordered my first (two) EagleTac lights. Both D25 clickies. A D25C Clicky XM-L in neutral since I love this emitter in 1X123 size lights with it's floody spill and large hot spot, I think it'll make a perfect EDC light for my tastes. Also ordered the EagleTac D25LC2 Clicky XT-E. I wanted to try CREE's new emitter since it promises to be a real thrower. Iv'e wanted a compact thrower with "juice" since my first good flashlight was a Fenix TK10 with the XRE-Q5 led. It threw a pencil like beam out past 250 yards but with little spill and only around 180 OTF lumens not much left at point of impact.

Hope these ship by end of April as EagleTac says?!

LGT

Enlightened
Not many threads here concerning EagleTac lights.

They seem to be well made, driven hard and come with a boat load of extra's.

What's the general consensus ?
I agree with the fact that there aren't many threads on ET lights. Can't figure out why. My T20C2 MKII XPG and P20C2 MKII XPG have a nice pure white tint. Also, as you said, a boat load of extras. Not to mention the different drop-ins that can be bought.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I love Eagletac because they make lights LOOK GOOD. Nice and symmetrical.

Question I ask myself before I make a decision on getting the D25A2 XT-E R5.
Why the D25A2 XT-E R5 over the P100A2 XP-E R3???
Not much brighter, and only for 5 minutes then it drops well below the P100A2. I have not seen runtime specs listed on the Eagletac technical info.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love Eagletac because they make lights LOOK GOOD. Nice and symmetrical.

Question I ask myself before I make a decision on getting the D25A2 XT-E R5.
Why the D25A2 XT-E R5 over the P100A2 XP-E R3???
Not much brighter, and only for 5 minutes then it drops well below the P100A2. I have not seen runtime specs listed on the Eagletac technical info.
ET no longer quotes the output for the 'turboboost' for the D25 clicky. The output in turboboost should be 250+ lumens vs. 198 in the P100A2.
I am hoping that the 100-series gets the xt-e standard, dropping the xp-g. [and maybe an optional xm-l @ 1.8 amp in the T100C2]

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought an EagleTac M3C4 XML over a year ago (Jan 2011), and really love the thing. Great form factor with two 18650s side by side. The throw is comparable to the Catapult and the Olight M3X; just a different shape which I like. The included difuser is very useful & pretty cool. I also like that it has multiple outputs including a couple of useful lows. Great UI too.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
ET no longer quotes the output for the 'turboboost' for the D25 clicky. The output in turboboost should be 250+ lumens vs. 198 in the P100A2.
I am hoping that the 100-series gets the xt-e standard, dropping the xp-g. [and maybe an optional xm-l @ 1.8 amp in the T100C2]

I just went to check on that and they do have TurboBoost on the 2AA Clicky:
ANSI FL-1 lumen: 2225​/154/23/0.5
That little 5 there I believe means it steps down after 5 minutes to 154 where as the P100A2 R3 bin ANSI FL-1 lumen: 198/40.

When the XT-E thread first came out there was a ton of speculation and I wondered why they chose it. I still am wondering from reading this thread. We see it is efficient. I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure when it comes out.

Just curious but what are your thoughts of the XT-E over the XP-G that make you want it to be the standard? I never was a fan of the more floody/larger reflector XP-G/XM-L beam profiles that is seen with those emitters. I prefer the good ol' XP-E or XR-E. Now XT-E maybe? Can't wait to see what these things do. This could me more happiness arriving in the mail.

Last edited:

cyclesport

Enlightened
That little 5 there I believe means it steps down after 5 minutes to 154 where as the P100A2 R3 bin ANSI FL-1 lumen: 198/40.

When the XT-E thread first came out there was a ton of speculation and I wondered why they chose it. I still am wondering from reading this thread. We see it is efficient. I guess we'll have to wait and see for sure when it comes out.

Just curious but what are your thoughts of the XT-E over the XP-G that make you want it to be the standard? I never was a fan of the more floody/larger reflector XP-G/XM-L beam profiles that is seen with those emitters. I prefer the good ol' XP-E or XR-E. Now XT-E maybe? Can't wait to see what these things do. This could me more happiness arriving in the mail.

FWIW I thought I'd report that I spoke to Mike at Pacific Tactical Solutions, distributor for EagleTac today regarding the beam profile of the XT-E since I was having second thoughts about the pre-order I placed with him for the D25LC2 Clicky with XT-E and if I might want to choose the XP-G or XM-L instead. Mike speculates that as soon as CREE offers the XT-E in a neutral tint it will probably replace the XP-G altogether. His reasoning is that is is so similar to the XP-G now, except it improves efficiency by 10% and it gets rid of the doughnut hole sometimes evident in the XP-G. The hot spot should also appear brighter, but admits he has not seen these yet and apparently won't until the new D25 clickies arrive next week. So, I decided to stick with the XT-E and exchage it if I don't like the beam profile.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
FWIW I thought I'd report that I spoke to Mike at Pacific Tactical Solutions, distributor for EagleTac today regarding the beam profile of the XT-E since I was having second thoughts about the pre-order I placed with him for the D25LC2 Clicky with XT-E and if I might want to choose the XP-G or XM-L instead. Mike speculates that as soon as CREE offers the XT-E in a neutral tint it will probably replace the XP-G altogether. His reasoning is that is is so similar to the XP-G now, except it improves efficiency by 10% and it gets rid of the doughnut hole sometimes evident in the XP-G. The hot spot should also appear brighter, but admits he has not seen these yet and apparently won't until the new D25 clickies arrive next week. So, I decided to stick with the XT-E and exchage it if I don't like the beam

Great, that's actually awesome.
Thanks allot! I await your feedback when that magical box arrives.

I have high hopes for this emitter. May fit more of my beam profile I love.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast

It does not step down, they just don't publish what the 'step up' is. Yes, they still do the TurboBoost thing, but they don't bother reporting the higher than normal turbo mode lumen figure. Look at the D25 twisty series, why does ET even bother telling you what you are getting for that initial 90 seconds. [I guess for inquiring minds]

If you are looking for a dedicated thrower, the larger thermal mass of the P100, plus the larger head & smooth reflector means it will do the job better.
The xp-e, when it was launched, was only 'rated' to 700mA. Then after a few month [IIRC] Cree 'suddenly' said, it was good for 1000mA. [shocker]
The xp-g when launched was rated at 1500, even with double the die size.
This new xt-e will have the output of the xp-g, efficiency of the xm-l, and the throw of the xp-e. This changes the paradigm [rut] that we have been stuck in for the last five years, if you want more lumens & efficiency-go bigger.

ET more/less positioned the 100-series as budget throwers. By moving the the xp-g they have increased the lumens, but lost the lux. The xt-e will fix that.
A special HO T100C2 with a blazing 1.8 amp xm-l would make a good shotgun light, while the standard 1.2 amp + xt-e would make a great rifle light.

Last edited: