Any love for EagleTac

Kokopelli

Enlightened
So the XT-E's are the ones with the most throw, am I right? I really would like to see how EagleTac squeeze even farther throw in such a compact body, D25LC2.

SLOCIVIC

Newly Enlightened
Kokopelli said:
So the XT-E's are the ones with the most throw, am I right? I really would like to see how EagleTac squeeze even farther throw in such a compact body, D25LC2.

I am really looking forward to comparing these when my order comes in... The XT-E is new to me I haven't had any experience with them yet...

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping there would be a neutral-white xt-e.
I have no interest in the xm-l, it is just too large of a diode for small flashlights. Now if Cree had a 3mm^2 die... I'd be all over it.
Maybe they will do that in this new Silicon carbide process?

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Serious question, what does the size of the LED have to do with the size of the flashlight? Do you mean issues with beam pattern because it's too large for the reflector, or heat issues?

Kokopelli

Enlightened
It is solely for focus of the beam. The smaller the light the smaller the diameter of your reflector. You'll need a large reflector to focus your larger emitter better. Smaller emitters on the other hand may also contribute the throw by their tighter natural radiation angles.

josean

Newly Enlightened
About a couple of years ago I bought two Eagletac P100A2. Both of them are still running perfectly, with no issues so far.

This light is a perfect option for beginners due to the basic and intuitive interface: Just two modes by head rotation.

The lights have an excellent performance and the ratio quality / price is very high, too. I would recommend it with no doubts, but I am not sure if this model is still in production.

SkyPup

Newly Enlightened
Lotsa love my four EagleTac T100C2 Mark II with the 850nm OSRAM IR LED emitter in them, they really are super nice!

EagleTac%20850nm%20IR%20Warning.jpg

EagleTac%20850nm%20IR%20side.jpg

Horses%20150%20Yards%20IR.jpg

Horses%20Low%20IR.jpg

Wilcox%20G24%20&%20J%20Arm.jpg

Glock 22

Enlightened
I have a Eagletac P20C2 MKII XML T6. And I really like it. I put a 4Sevens deep carry pocket clip on it, and it's not for sale. Great hotspot and a whole lot of spill.

Glock 22

Enlightened
I did'nt have to modify it at all, it's a little tight when you put it on but it fits and works perfect. I sent you a PM of a thread and it has some good pics I took of mine with the 4Sevens clip.

The clip fits well? or did you need to modify it ?

Last edited:

zenbeam

Enlightened
The new clicky models are poised for release! Check out CPFMarketplace~*

Can't wait! But unfortunately, I will have to replenish my budget some before I get even one more light... lol! To keep the wifey at bay that is. :sssh:

D-Series - truly excellent value! Still love my D25C (1st​ everEagleTac) and that awesome holster! I have been tempted numerous times in just he past few weeks since getting this... to buy more D-series EagleTacs, but with all the various mentions in here of clicky D models "on the near horizon", I have managed to hold off. I am not sure just which model I want next the most when the clickies release. Heck, I haven't even ruled out another D25C as a clicky!

Interesting story on my 2nd ​ever EagleTac acquisition -

I recently acquired a P20A2 MKII XP-GS2. But I originally ordered and paid for an EagleTac P100A2 XP-G S2!The package contained a hand written note from the seller apologizing that they were out of stock (of the P100A2 XP-G S2) and to avoid any inconvenience, they sent me an upgraded version of the P100A2 with an XM-L LED instead at no extra charge. But in fact, inside the package there was no XM-L version of a P100A2, bur rather an EagleTac P202A2 XP-G S2 (and actually, for this type of flashlight I wanted an XP-G S2 not XM-L). Basically a $25 higher quality light at no extra charge!

I had already opened the packaging and tested out the light, etc., etc. before noticing the model number difference! The models look very, very similar. I figure even if I contacted them about this mistake, at this point they would tell me to keep it anyway – so I am just going to keep it and certainly give them my future business! Under the same circumstances, what would you have done?

For a 2xAA light, this thing is so outstanding. Beautiful blend of tight beam with good throw and yet plenty enough spill to avoid tunnel effect. Love the "gitd" tailcap button they included! And of course the wonderfully solid-built rigid nylon holster with the EagleTac logo/emblem on the leatherette flap!

I just received a Fenix TK21 and I havea JETBeam BC10 in transit. The Fenix rocks like EagleTac rocks. But maybe because EagleTac was my "first love", it will probably remain my favorite maker of light overall.

Last edited:

Lighteous

Enlightened
In all I have four ET Lights:

M3C4 SST-50 - the first generation before they redesigned the head to have a deeper reflector. It's an awesome light and is very well built. This light has the most lumens of any that I have and it throws the farthest.

P100A2 - This is a great light but it doesn't get much use. I like to show it off to demonstrate the throw from such a small light. It has an XP- R2 LED and I picked it up for just over $40.

P20C2 Mk II - I have both the XM-L T6 and XP-G R5 modules. This is a very nice light that I used a lot when I first got it but it has become a so-called shelf queen primarily because its lowest setting is still too bright. But I have no complaints about its fit, finish and dependability.

T20C2 Mk II - I have four modules for this light - two versions of XM-L, an XP-G R5 and an XP-E R2. This is one of my most favorite lights of all time. Using the latest version of the XM-L module it screams on high and can light up the entire back yard. Using the XR-E R2 module I can paint light on neighbors' houses 4 blocks away. This light has had a lot of use and has proven to be very durable and versatile. Its lowest setting is still too bright for bedstand use, but I have plenty of lights with a "firefly" setting to fill that need.

All in all I have no hesitation with recommending ET as a company or the lights that I have as long as a firefly low isn't required or desired.

OneBigDay

Enlightened
Thought I would add my $.02 worth

I think Eagletac have a huge hit with this D25 personal series. I bought a few of the D25A and a D25LC2 (twisty). The build, feel, and performance of these lights is outstanding at this price point. The clip rocks, stainless steel bezel is well executed (nice and thick), blinky modes are hidden but available if needed/wanted. Emitter options, tint options. Very nice.

I remember thinking after I bought my D25LC2, I was so impressed I thought, why would I need another light? This thought, of course wears off, but it says a lot about my first impressions.

The only complaint I had is the head wobbles a little more than I would have liked on the D25A's, but others have said this is common to small twisty lights. In actual use the head wobble has not been an issue. I have other small AAA and AA twisties that do not wobble at all so YMMV.

So far I am loving my eagletacs. The D25A Ti has been the first light to compete for ITP A3 pocket time. I mostly prefer the smaller size of the A3, but the profile of the D25A is pretty small too and of course I get a nice capactiy increase. Sometimes you just need a change up to give you some perspective.

Now that the D25 personal clickies are coming out, I'll probably have to try one of these too.

recDNA

Flashaholic
Love em. First company to drive led's to proper levels. Before ET you had to go custom or underdriven.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember thinking after I bought my D25LC2, I was so impressed I thought, why would I need another light? This thought, of course wears off, but it says a lot about my first impressions...

+

more than once, I thought the exact same thing.

QuailRider

Newly Enlightened
Love the versatility of my new EagleTac G25C2. Two main modes (tactical and practical), with quick access to strobe in either mode through double click. Auxillary access to SOS etc. I love the diffusion filter attachment, which gives me flood or spot with a quick flip of the hinged filter holder. That single feature alone sold me. The convenience of having spot and flood in the same light without fiddling with taking filters on and off is very useful. It can be a compact 1x18650 tactical light when you want something small, or screw in a tube extender to turn the light into a 2x18650 for extended use. Available in neutral white. Solid construction. Awesome light.

One criticism is the tail boot can't be used at the same time as the lanyard ring. If they made a metal tail boot, you could drill a hole in it for the lanyard.

Last edited:

sspc

Newly Enlightened
Recently cut to fit one of the lee filters to my D25LC2 and now I have a beautiful neutral/warmish tint and now this light has it all.

chevboy167

Newly Enlightened
I have 2 D25A in Ti and love em both! they are the twisty versions but im ok with that. my 1st is a shelf queen. got it new. the latest one is gonna be an EDC that i got on CPFM that has been already carried so im cool with that. i like the readily availible AA format for universal power. currently i run Sanyo 2700 mah Ni-MH in all my AA format lights but may try the Eneloops. i hear they are all the craze.