Any TW4 fans anymore?

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
:)

I m still carrying a TW4(?) well sort of. I love single cell light and manage to get myself a long time back a KL4+VG single cell body.
The VG body was just too short for my hands.

Several years later my TW4 is a modded KL4 head (ARC mania booster converter and seoul) + E1L body. It can only take Primary cell brust out brighter than my Gizmo PDS and runs for close to 2 hours. :thumbsup:

The VG body got the E1L head, standard optic but with seoul led and feels like a tiny flame thrower.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar...I know you've got your Titans now! I'm sure that baby puts the TW4 to shame! hehe.

dtsoll...Dan's in Colorado and doing fine. Busy scaring bears away from his backyard, like always. If you want to contact him, PM me your email and I'll pass it along to him.

milkyspit...I can't wait to send in my KL4 for you to work your magic. It'll be like giving an old car a brand new engine! :twothumbs:

Robocop...that's cool that you found this light useful for duty! I bet your partners didn't think much of it when they first saw it!

Everyone else...those newer incarnations of the TW4 look pretty amazing. I'm glad that you guys liked this little light. Sure, everyone (non-CPFers) expects something like the M6 or even the 6P to put out a lot of light...but people sure are shocked to see this little guy light up the room! :party:

Last edited:

rikvee

Enlightened
Howdy flashlightfans, haven't been on these pages for over a year - had to go cold turkey :).

I love the TW4, because

- it has a positive, intuitive, hard wearing switch
- it takes rechargeables
- it's small, so I can hang it around my neck
- it takes a diffuser, which also acts as a rim protector

Since I've been away so long, perhaps some of you can bring me up to date on any new lights that share all of the above qualities ....

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Got my L4. Been using it with my E1E body. One CR123 puts out about 1/3 light output of L4, but stilll that nice wide beam. RCR123 gets hot pretty quick, but really bright. Pulls 1.2 amps from battery with RCR123 and 17650, and 350mA with CR123.

Bill

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to have a TW4 configuration a while back, but I sold it of. When I looked at this thread, those feelings are coming back. TW4 are great as the output is very bright floody and even. I may be getting a E1e & KL4-BK for an all black setup...that would be a keeper.

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greattt..I stumpled upon this thread and remember my TW4 that my EX-GF kept when I broke up with her!!!!

I left it at her place and now it is never to be seen again. Maybe one day she will be kind and return it to me because the KL4 was given to me by PK at a meet. #@$@#$@#$#@ Sorry Paul! I'll get it back

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Greattt..I stumpled upon this thread and remember my TW4 that my EX-GF kept when I broke up with her!!!!

I left it at her place and now it is never to be seen again. Maybe one day she will be kind and return it to me because the KL4 was given to me by PK at a meet. #@$@#$@#$#@ Sorry Paul! I'll get it back

Man, I don't EVEN want to think about all the lights that I gave up after my last serious relationship ended. We were together for almost 3 years, so you can imagine the number of lights I gave her and her family. At least she didn't toss them all into the garbage! :green:

blitzlicht65

Enlightened
I love this beauties :grin2:

PICT0847.jpg

PICT0845.jpg

PICT0850.jpg

Greetings:wave:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
blitzlicht65, you running a E2E Defender bezel on one of them? Also, I can't remember the name of the body on the non McClicky black one. Lost my bookmark.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Thanks. Yes, Vital Gear, which is actually shorter than the E1E body. Really compact, but I'm not sure about the tailcap quality.

Bill

flash_bang

Enlightened
what kind of runtime and brightness can you expect with the TW4? Also, how big is it?

Thanks much,
Flash

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
what kind of runtime and brightness can you expect with the TW4? Also, how big is it?

Thanks much,
Flash

I'm not sure how bright the KL4 was on the E1e body...probably around 60 lumen? The KL4 was really under-driven, but it did last a while...at least 90 minutes or so before it got really ugly. As far as how big it is...it's probably the same size as an E1L. Just one battery. Here's a group picture for size comparison to other Surefires.

small_lineup.jpg

Last edited: