Any TW4 fans anymore?

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Ttran97,

I retired my TW4. I discovered that Lumins Factory offers a high output lamp assembly for the E1e, and have converted back to that.

Now I am stuck with the high output E1e and my stock L4... :)

Tom

Beastmaster

Enlightened
That E1e LF unit is great. I've combined that with my VG FB1 body for it to become one the absolute tiniest flashlights that's useful out there.

-Steve

Hello Ttran97,

I retired my TW4. I discovered that Lumins Factory offers a high output lamp assembly for the E1e, and have converted back to that.

Now I am stuck with the high output E1e and my stock L4... :)

Tom

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having milkyspit mod a KL4 and putting it on the E1e body is amazing, too! 165 lumen of pure white wall-o-lights! The downside of this setup is the cost. I think my little TW4 has over $300 invested in it! haha. But if you already have an E1e and KL4 and just itching to make it a super light... :eek:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Having milkyspit mod a KL4 and putting it on the E1e body is amazing, too! 165 lumen of pure white wall-o-lights! The downside of this setup is the cost. I think my little TW4 has over $300 invested in it! haha. But if you already have an E1e and KL4 and just itching to make it a super light... :eek:

Hmm... $300? I sure didn't see $300 for my part! :p

donn_

Flashaholic
Can I sneak a custom TW1 into this thread?

003-14.jpg

004-12.jpg

ArcMania modded KL1-OD head, Ganp Brass Lattice 1x123 body, OD E-series clicky. All on a leather bound dictionary.:D

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a Mliky modded.......how?

You'll have to PM mr. milkyspit and tell him that you're interested in getting your light modded...then just mail your light to him and he'll work on it and send it back to you.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those Ganp bodies are too sweet , a bit too much for that punny KL1 and SF switch..But I haven't seen any brass heads or switches other than Cubs or Peaks..

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Well, I'm getting ready to build up a TW4 clone using a KL4 head, Vital Gear FB1 body, and AW's rechargable 123A's.

Once the head gets here, It'll be built up soon...

-Steve

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my matched pair. Is that what you are looking for?
I love this combination.

twins.jpg

and
kl4whostcrsm.jpg

Are a couple of my KL4 based flashlights. It matched pair not only look the same in the image but the beams are virtually identical. Almost impossible to do as those of you with multiple KL4's know. At least almost all of mine produce a different tinted beam except the 2 tw4's shown in the top image.
The KL4's are the same in these two images. I love that body in the lower image. It is an unmarked surefire body if I remember correctly a real beauty.
Yaesumofo

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Heh - do you really want to handle one that's been running for a while? I'm serious. I have to sandwich it between two cold packs in order to do a runtime test with a TW4.

As for the runtime - I get 15-16 minutes in regulation with an AW 123 rechargeable. Then it goes quickly out of regulation from there.

TW4 pics? I have one...

tw4_vg1.jpg

This is a KL4/Vital Gear 1x123 body combination. It's next to an E1e with a Lumens Factory tower.

-Steve

Bump for more TW4 pictures. Anybody have a runtime estimate on an AW rcr123?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heh - do you really want to handle one that's been running for a while? I'm serious. I have to sandwich it between two cold packs in order to do a runtime test with a TW4.

As for the runtime - I get 15-16 minutes in regulation with an AW 123 rechargeable. Then it goes quickly out of regulation from there.

TW4 pics? I have one...

tw4_vg1.jpg

This is a KL4/Vital Gear 1x123 body combination. It's next to an E1e with a Lumens Factory tower.

-Steve

You gotta get that KL4 modded by milkyspit, Steve! You won't be disappointed! :)

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Well, I have one KL4 that's got the most perfect tint. That's staying put.

I have one KL4 that's my daily use unit (shown) and another one coming inbound that will likely be the Milky candidates.

I have a KL4 black unit that's going onto a VLTOR Scout mounted Aleph body.

-Steve

Groundhog66

Banned
I really like the old skool look of this combination..

DSC01852.jpg

And here is a SUPER tiny wall of light, although I typically use the Milkymod on a Mirage Man 18650.

DSC01854.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
And here is a SUPER tiny wall of light, although I typically use the Milkymod on a Mirage Man 18650.

If I ever get my KL4 Milky modded, I'm going to run it on an 18650. Maybe I'll go really crazy and run it on a TnC C-Flex pack with an AW C cell..... :eek:oo:

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Well, I've also got some of Koala's E series towers ordered. That unit may very well supplant the TW4 clones that I've got and make the light even smaller.

Anyways, I've got two more KL4 heads coming in. Once that gets done, I'm going to start flushing out most of my KL1's and may very well sell my KX1 head since it doesn't like rechargeables too much. That will fund the Milky mods. Yay!

-Steve