Attention Please Raw Ti Owners.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
TENNMIKE - thanks for the certification explanation. I didn't know that.

orb said:
The Material is 316/S31 BS. It is Aero Space Certified & used to make Valves.
Other than that I can not find or get any more details.

PhotonFanatic & Dogliness:
Any idea how you wish to proceed?

TinderBox, We did 100 CPF Orbs about 2 years ago all Serial numbered.
We do not use or do Serial numbers on any of the Raw Series.
It would not have Prevented the error in this occasion. Being aware of this error will stop it happening again to me.

Thanks, Rob!

Last edited:

blahblahblah

Enlightened
General info on Stainless, including 300 series.
http://www.edstrom.com/Resources.cfm?doc_id=132
FYI: 300 series is considered non-magnetic for most purposes. The spacer magnets just barely hang on compared to regular steel or 400 series SS.

The "S31" after the 316 is just the way Britain does things? You can see a chart of equivalent grades at the bottom of this document (pg 8).
http://www.gopalgroup.com/about_stainless_steel.pdf

The "BS" is the Britain equivalent of AISI (American Iron and Steel Institute), which classifys steel, amongst other things.

davesa

Newly Enlightened
I am out of town but had my wife test mine with a magnet and it looks like mine is SS. She only tested the battery tube. I will be home in a couple days and will check the top but they are the same color.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must say my hat is off to Rob and all you fine Gentlemen that bought one of these lights. I am learning what true class is from all of you!:goodjob:

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
The magnet test says that my Ti is in fact SS.
Not sure how I want to proceed yet other than that I definitely still want a Ti.
:awman:

davesa

Newly Enlightened
I got back today and checked again just to make sure. Mine is SS ( top and bottom ) - I still want a Ti, and my Damascus one too but I think I will keep this one as well. I would like 4 h3 vials on my new Ti -2 green, 2 blue. I also think it would be cool to do a certificate like someone else suggested so in case you want to sell it later people will know about the fact that these were special, like an upside down airmail stamp.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
My front Half is Ti and the rear is SS ! I was wondering why this light was so heavy :)

Mac

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
My front Half is Ti and the rear is SS ! I was wondering why this light was so heavy
smile.gif

Mac

Mac, we have two lights of the same metal between us. One Titanium & one Stainless. I`ll polish the parts you have to match mine and we can flip a coin for who gets which light?
grinser2.gif

Anyone can flip the coin. How about heads I win tails you loose?
rolleye11.gif
Let`s just make it winner takes all!:naughty:

Ken
biggrin.gif

Last edited:

aosty

Enlightened
aosty said:
Rob - as others have already mentioned, you're a class act. I'm out of town for a few weeks... will check mine when I get home.

I finally checked mine... and it appears Cmac and I have two of a kind.... my rear half is steel.

Kenster and Photonfanatic... wanna trade rears? ;)

:grouphug:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoopie! My Raw Ti arrived today, weighing in at 22 gms, minus the battery. And magnets have no interest in it at all.

To my surprise, the logo lines up exactly as it does on my Raw SS. They don't on the 2 NS's I have, so this was an un-expected bonus. I thought I'd gotten lucky on the Raw SS, but it looks like Rob went to a little extra trouble on the Ti's and didn't tell us!

Now I gotta figure out which one to carry with me tomorrow...

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rob,
Per our e-mails I'll be returning the SS once the genuine Ti is ready.
Thanks very much

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
As with the Raw Da, I have to wait my turn at the CNC shop. I am hoping to get my turn in about 3-4 weeks.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just noticed something on the website.
The page for the standard Orb RAW says that it's 47mm x 20mm and uses RCR2 batteries.
It also says that Ti is available.
The Ti page also lists the dimensions as 47mm x 20mm and also claims RCR2 batteries but ours were all the NS-style, 45mm x 18mm using 14250 batteries.

I know about the half Ti/half AG but was a standard RAW ever produced in 100% Ti?
Will it be produced again?
:drool:

orb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did ask every Raw Ti / SS owner to post here to confirm Real Ti or not. So far only 15 conformations out of 40.

If not Posted already Please Post here to confirm Ti or SS.

Would Kenster or Photonfanatic be interested in a swap with Aosty's Rear??

5 Kenster Front Half SS Rear Ti
6 PhotonFanatic Front Half SS Rear Ti

11 Aosty Front Ti Rear SS

:thanks: for the continued support :thumbsup:

Latest posts