Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My! (II)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_3292.jpeg

Bonelss pork chops marinated in apple juice then covered with panko bread crumbs was a nice idea on paper. I like apple juice. I like pork chops. But they don't blend anywhere near as tastey as it sounded.

IMG_3293.jpeg

The side dish was a big hit tho.

I'm sorry it didn't turn out well, but the side dish joke was funny. Perhaps some pineapple juice would've been just the ticket. Were you wearing your glasses while reading the cooking instructions/ingredients? 😁

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm sorry it didn't turn out well, but the side dish joke was funny. Perhaps some pineapple juice would've been just the ticket. Were you wearing your glasses while reading the cooking instructions/ingredients? 😁
I just try stuff CG. Cheese on an egg roll, chocolate covered bacon, french fry dipped in chocolate milk shake and apple juice soaked pork chops..... but the pork chops thing was a fail. The pineapple juice idea does sound better.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
today i just used my solar panel and cooked rice with a rice cooker powered via solar then a a battery bank then a inverter then just added some sauce illl post the sauce type if you all want but i forgot it but its asain dark and very spicey

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
popppy last weekend winn dixxie had rib eye for 4.99 a pound and i had a 20 percent off coupon but i lost the coupon but thats still a dang good deal . but i love chicken but marante mine always

Usually, a couple months from now we generally get a $5/lb special on ribeye, as well. Hopefully I'll catch it this year. I don't do much red meat, these days, but it'd be good to have a nicely-cooked ribeye once this year. Yum.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Generally pork and apples pair well.
Maybe try apple sauce next time?
Some apple juice is very little apple juice

I prefer plain meats with ketchup
I agree about the applesauce. When my mom made pork chops, we always smothered them with applesauce. They were as good as they get.

I think marinades are more impactful if they have some acid in them.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
is haveing naghans hotdogs tonight just boiled covered in sweet relish

Poppy

Flashaholic
Last night's dinner.
Chopped beef, and sauteed onion, seasoned with worcestershire, salt and pepper, and Montreal Steak. Covered with tater tots, and coated with a can of condensed cheddar cheese soup, with half a cup of milk. Finally covered with shredded cheddar cheese, and baked for 40 minutes.

The recipe called for cream of mushroom soup, but my daughter is allergic to mushrooms.

Comfort food made easy.

1707744526690.png

raggie33

*the raggedier*
damn poppy now you made me hungry again ..i had nathans franks my favs buy one get one free winn dixxie . i guess due to super bowl

Poppy

Flashaholic
Looks good chance!

Yesterday, I bought the fixings to make something similar.
Kinda a spinach, onion, and tomato Quiche over a bed of potato tots with chopped peppers and onions.
I hope/plan to make it later today.
1708099311730.png

1708099334559.png

Thanks, Poppy. It was. I'm L@@King forward to leftovers tonight.

I ask our sons to pre-brown the frozen tater tots before placing them into a casserole. Trying to get them into the habit of enjoying the process.
Preparing a meal is as much a journey as it is a destination. 😋