Butter and Bread and Sandwiches Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
nbp, did you see the link?

Yup I did, thanks George. :)

I'm going to see if I can find it locally first before going online to order it. I asked the mother figure about it and she says she's seen it but can't remember where at the moment. I'll find that darn mustard soon!

boulder

Newly Enlightened
Two of my favorites:

1) Chicken salad, Walnuts, Cranberry sauce, Sharp cheddar, and Lettuce on a wheat wrap.

2) Pastrami and Cheese heated and melted in the microwave ontop of a toasted and buttered bagel :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup I did, thanks George. :)

I'm going to see if I can find it locally first before going online to order it. I asked the mother figure about it and she says she's seen it but can't remember where at the moment. I'll find that darn mustard soon!

Try high end stores like Dean and Deluca or Harris Teeter if you have them but with gas prices the way they are, I bet it'll be cheaper to just get it online. This one ships from amazon which means if you get a 25 dollar order, it ships free and I'm sure you can find something you need from them like a couple of batteries.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000I4MKSS/?tag=cpf0b6-20

nbp

Flashaholic
I'm gonna try this high end grocery store near me. They've got a lot of options there. Best produce, deli, bakery, meats of any of the grocers around. I think that's a good bet. If not, the interwebs aren't going anywhere, haha.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're in a big city, chances are good. Me, I live in a $hithole and it's almost 30 miles one way to anything big. Makes it expensive, especially with an Excursion :)

nbp

Flashaholic
I live in the 'burbs. I'm about 30 miles outside downtown Milwaukee. But we still eat well out here. ;)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't they have like Harley's over there? :)

So, you'll just check when you go to town next time I guess :)

guardpost3

Enlightened
Agreed, this thread definitely needs pics.

As for my favorite sandwich, that would be turkey, onion, and cheese with some Old Cape Cod honey-mustard. On toasted buttered bread of course.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't get me wrong. PIctures would be great but it's going to make this even worse for those of us who like to eat and from what I've seen here, it's ALL of us, hehehe

nbp

Flashaholic
Ha!! I went to our upscale grocery store this evening and got some Colman's Mustard Powder! They had it in the small 2oz. tins. :thumbsup: Now I have to find something to put it on.

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Cold roast beef or ham sandwiches go best for mustard, go steady at first, it's powerful stuff!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
No pictures today, but another few of my favourites:

Hot sausage and melted emmental on white - that's sausage as in English banger - grilled and sliced then popped onto the fresh buttered bread, covered in slices of Emmental and grilled until the cheese melts, then top off with another slice of white and enjoy. Note, this is not toasted, just the cheese is melted - micro the sausage and cheese works too, then shovel onto the bread.

Peanut butter, banana and honey on white toast. Crinchy or smooth - your choice - very filling indeed.

Mortadella, Mozarella and fresh basil on Focaccia bread - grilled if you like on its own - or cold with sliced plum tomatoes. Stonkingly good.

OK - meals all sorted for today, but I'll take some pics of every sandwich I have for the next week!

BTW - everyone knows bread is really bad for you? Yes? Good.

Carry on...

nbp

Flashaholic
Cold roast beef or ham sandwiches go best for mustard, go steady at first, it's powerful stuff!

You're not kidding! This stuff has bite! I like it though. I have got to find some egg rolls to put it on, I love good egg rolls with really hot mustard. A home run for the Chinese right there. Mmmmmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.