Carved CPF logo on an E-Series body

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im doing some experiments with the CNC mill and 4th axis, look what I done today:

cpfbody01

(surefire L4 tailcap, Aleph2 head, SS bezel w/tritium)

Not the best finish, but not bad for a second attempt at doing it :)

The logo is not flat, it follows the body curvature. Expect more experiments like this in the near future :D

Pablo

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! Will we be seeing some CPF specials in the near future? :naughty: :poke: :grin2:

Anything related to CPF logotypes must be cleared thru Greta, and I didn't contact her since Im doing this for fun, learning and for myself.

The finish on the bodies needs to be improved a little, and this will come with more practice and maybe different cutting tools, keep in mind these are my first shoots at doing this and Im happy so far.

If I refine the technique and Im satisfied with the results, I have some cool ideas in mind, but for the time being, no promises :nana:

Thanks again for the nice words :eek:

Pablo

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now thats a great idea for a CPF light right there...We are long overdue. We even had a 2008 knife made , but no 2008 light :(. Good job Pablo, keep those pics coming, this is one thread to keep an eye on.

PEU

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! That's pretty cool, how long was the machining time?

For the 1st one 3 hours, second one 1.15hs. I had the round 2x123 body machined months ago. Also the time does not consider programming/setup time.

If I do the 1st one again I think I can manage to do it under 1hour. But as I said in a post above, I need to polish the technique.
The difficult part is making the text follow the body curvature and remove properly the unneeded material. It would be easier to make it flat, but this means that the diameter of the body needs to be bigger, sometimes this is possible, sometimes not...

Pablo

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome...!

If this is cleared with Greta and E-series I will be a buyer for sure.....:paypal:

Things like this is a great support to the community....:thumbsup:

Very cool IMO Pablo....!