Do You Always Have a Flashlight On Your Person?

Joelives

Newly Enlightened
I have a small construction business and carry a proteck sprint knife and a lumintop tool aaa . They are both small and are on me everyday! I modified the cu tool with a piece of 1/2" copper tubing to shroud the tail cap from coming on while working ( cut it with a tubing cutter and blue lock tight it fits absolutely perfect) and a micro stream clip . The bigger diameter light just get in the way , I have about 15 aaa lights and the toolvn rocks.

colin.p

Newly Enlightened
I typically don't actually carry a light while at home as a light is always within reach. Outside, if I go anywhere, I have an i1r on my car keyring. When I'm at work, I have the aforementioned i1r and an i3t. I wear a ball cap at work and when the power goes out, I clip the i3t to the bill so I can see when I pee.

So with 2 lights and the LED on my phone, I'm covered. If they all run out, before the power comes back on, then I say screw it and go home.

CompanyMan

Newly Enlightened
I carry a OLight S1 Baton.

I want to EDC a lot of my other lights like my Promethus Alpha Ice (one of my favorites) but its to big. After you carry one around everyday you want the lightest and tiniest. I think that's why keychain LED's are so popular. Keychain LED's are cheap, so you can have one in every bag, car, coat, etc.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
For this evenings cholesterol lowering jaunt I carried 1 light and 3 backups.

IMG-20190420-194646.jpg

The 6P has a Malkoff NLL in it.

The pocket friendly backups were my trusty PL2, a new E05 by Fenix and new Rofis R2.

I tried the Rofis bezel down on my belt but it just didn't cinch down far enough for my comfort so I clamped the PL2 to my ball cap and pocket carried the Rofis in the PL2 pocket.

That NLL appears a lot brighter than the numbers suggest while providing a battery sipping, pleasing tint. I wanted to keep going because the beam is so sweet but old folks boogie crept in. (Your mind makes a promise your body can't fulfill, knees in this case).

Last edited:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
i always have a gerber multitool on my belt,a arc-ls 2aa in my pocket,and a homebrew 1aaa with 3 5mm high cri with a 10440 li-ion on my keyring.
the arc is on its 3rd emitter swap with a k2-tffc in it now.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Those are for the spare tire size reduction.

The cholesterol lowering jaunt is when I walk a 15 minute mile... Uphill... Both ways.

Through hurricane winds! In ten feet of snow! In subzero temperatures! Middle of a blizzard! With no shoes on!

I'm sorry, I couldn't help it... just having some fun. Seriously, good job on the exercise. Keep it up.

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
You don't need one during your regular day.... UNTIL YOU DO!?!?!?! Lol. I imagine we are a little obsessive about many things typically so I am giving you a hard time for the fun of it.

Also, I am glad there are insane people, I mean herpetology experts so I don't have to deal with snakes. I have a LEAVE THEM BE philosophy unless Cottonmouth or Rattler is in my yard with my animals.

Also number 2, What are you fellas hanging your "neck lights" on?

I use a 4.5 mm sterling silver Cuban curb chain about 20 inches long if needed I put it inside my shirt most times it is out side.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Also number 2, What are you fellas hanging your "neck lights" on?

The ones genuinely tiny enough for neck carry usually get tossed onto a certain mini clip secured with a couple of very tiny split rings. Then simply clipped into a pocket. Usually the change-pocket of a pair of cargo pants. Not going to mention which clip as I've personally interacted with the owner of the company and found him to be an absolutely arrogant, narcissistic, scumbag. The type of individual whose attitude will likely get him a right proper beating one day. With no one hearing the news being surprised one bit.

Naxos

Newly Enlightened
Outside of the obvious, yes. I always have my keybar a knife and light on me. Right now it's a Beta QRv2 Copper. Previously it was a Preon 1 but due to the shoddy clip I always worried about losing it.

wo0dy213

Newly Enlightened
Yes, usually 3 when at work. Always at least 2 but on a rear occasion one with a spear battery. I just can't be sane with out at the very least my pocket knife and flashlight.

focusworks

Newly Enlightened
I pretty well always have one on me. Sometimes I can't be bothered turning a light on in a room (or deliberately don't [emoji16]) or need to see something in a dim corner or drawer. My lights are more fun than the cell phone light so I keep them on me.

pbnelson

Newly Enlightened
Yes, of course. Always! Lately it's been a Zebralight H502C, but for a year before that it was the Maratac AAA Rev.5, copper. Before that the Jetbeam RRT01. Whatever it is, I use it a dozen times a day, and at night to read.

Stefano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, except when I sleep or wash.
When I'm dressed I always have two lights on me and one of them is always a headlamp (this even if I am at home)