Duracell Pre-Charged AA's

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just bought the Kodak Precharged. They are 1.29 V using a Harbor Fright CEN-TECH item 90899 meter (Red).

Sounds about right - my Kodak Pre-Charged were 1.308V out of the packet using my $5 Digital MultiMeter (probably a clone of your red Habor Freight)
(funny how 1.29V sounds a lot lower than 1.308V - whereas it's a mere 0.018V)

For comparison my 8x AA eneloops all measured 1.31V out of the packet - on my meter.

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
By chance, has anyone found AAA's at Walmart?

Only AAA LSDs at my local WalMarts (3) were the RayOVac Hybrids -
haven't seen any of the other brands - Duracell Pre-Charged, eneloop, or Kodak Pre-Charged in AAAs at my local WalMarts.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
in the brightly lit suburbs of NYC (Long Island)
In NY, Duracell Precharged AA 6 pack still $17 at Walmart, Duracell Precharged AA 4 pack $20 at Walgreens (no current coupons either).

Bought the 6 pack 'cause I couldn't find Eneloops available anywhere - CircuitCity is sold out and Amazon is out of stock until Jan 30th.

Anyone have the Duracell Precharged in a high drain incandescant like Mag61, ROP or Mag85? Can they compare to Eneloop at 5+ amp drain? Thanks.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
In NY, Duracell Precharged AA 6 pack still $17 at Walmart, Duracell Precharged AA 4 pack $20 at Walgreens (no current coupons either).

Bought the 6 pack 'cause I couldn't find Eneloops available anywhere - CircuitCity is sold out and Amazon is out of stock until Jan 30th.

Anyone have the Duracell Precharged in a high drain incandescant like Mag61, ROP or Mag85? Can they compare to Eneloop at 5+ amp drain? Thanks.

I have a pack of 6 Eneloop and a pack of 6 Duracell Pre-Charged for my ROP and they both seem equally bright and give the same runtime!

Offroad'Bent

Enlightened
A 15 minute charger which connects to your car cigarette lighter port works fine. That's how my 15 minute Eveready charger came, with a 'car plug' included. Works fine. In fact this is why I bought the 15 minute version, in an emergency, a quick charger is best to get back in action -- Can't weight all night for battereies to charge back up. Highly recommended.

Just checking- can any NiMH charger be used on Eneloops and the other similar low discharge NiMHs, or is there some proprietary tech for the charger?
Thanks!

Marduke

Flashaholic
Just checking- can any NiMH charger be used on Eneloops and the other similar low discharge NiMHs, or is there some proprietary tech for the charger?
Thanks!

Any NiMH charger, but at the same time, it's best to use a 4-channel smart charger with ANY NiMH cells, LSD or not.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
I have a pack of 6 Eneloop and a pack of 6 Duracell Pre-Charged for my ROP and they both seem equally bright and give the same runtime!

WildChild,

That's great news. Thanks. My local Wallyworld never heard of Eneloops - I guess they haven't begun carrying them yet. Now I can open my pack of D.P. :twothumbs

By the way, are you using them with the ROP high or low? I've got Philips 5761 coming in which is 35 watts - considerably more amperage than the ROP low, so I'm still a little concerned about D.P. vs. Eneloop...

Marduke

Flashaholic
WildChild,

That's great news. Thanks. My local Wallyworld never heard of Eneloops - I guess they haven't begun carrying them yet. Now I can open my pack of D.P. :twothumbs

I bet if you asked, they would never have heard of "Nickel Metal Hydride" either, and would have a blank stare until you just said "rechargeable batteries". Look for them in the camera/film/memory card section, not with the other batteries.

Techjunkie

Enlightened
I bet if you asked, they would never have heard of "Nickel Metal Hydride" either, and would have a blank stare until you just said "rechargeable batteries". Look for them in the camera/film/memory card section, not with the other batteries.

Marduke,

I tried that. They had Kodak precharged (and conventional NiMh) in that section along with a few other generic looking brands, but no Sanyo's of any kind which is why I asked for "white Sanyo batteries". There were ROV Hybrids in the other section where I found the DPs, where there were also conventional NiMH Duracell and Engergizer rechargeables, but Sanyos were nowhere to be found. Not even any empty hanger with Sanyo sku tag there or anywhere else in the store where alkaline primaries were abundant.

I don't know how long Walmart has been carrying Eneloops, but by all accounts, the store I was in had no sign of them.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not seen any of my local Wal-Marts carrying plain Eneloops. What they do have is the Sanyo MQN05 charger that includes 4 AA Eneloops in the package, listed at $19.99.

Exactly what Wal-Mart carries does seem to vary by region though. Others have found the Kodak pre-charged cells in Wal-Mart, but I have not found them in any of my local stores.

Last edited:

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Raleigh Wal-Mart got in four of the 4xAA plus charger packages a couple months ago, but they have been out of stock for at least a month now. Glad I snagged two for a friend of mine who was going through 4xAA alkalines in some medical equipment every month or two.

Bones

Enlightened
I found the AA and the AAA on Ebay for $4.50 + $2.00 shipping for a four pack . They look to be the real thing. They arrived today.

If anyone is interested, there are a few lots comprised of 16 and 20 AA cells each closing on eBay in the next few days:

http://search.ebay.com/search ... duracell+pre-charged

Since most buyers are accustomed to bidding in the 3 to 5 dollar range for a 4 pack, it's not unusual for larger lots to sell for a bargain.

The ones I found are all bundles of 4 packs in retail packaging.

Bones

Enlightened
If anyone is interested, there are a few lots comprised of 16 and 20 AA cells each closing on eBay in the next few days:

Just noticed, the 20 piece lots are comprised of 12 AA and 8 AAA cells.

The 16 piece lots are all AA cells.

Of course, this could change as new lots are listed.

HarveyRich

Enlightened
I just saw the Duracell pre-charged batteries at Best Buy in 4 pack in both AA and AAA for $8.99.