EagleTac Clicky Ti

cyclesport

Enlightened
Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

Sorry shelm, let me attempt to be clearer...

With 16340 3.7v Li-ions you loose regulation and go into direct drive. With the head fully tightened you can toggle back and forth with the clicky between turbo and strobe only. Loosen the head 1/4 turn (where most will leave their light 99% of the time) and you start at your first level, either low or moonlight (by tightening and loosening the head three times) and then by using light half presses of the tailcap go to second level, high, and then another tap gives you high again. *Sorry, but in my last post I said it goes from low/moonlight to turbo, but I actually meant high. In other words you loose medium and get two high's instead. Basically the light operates pretty much like it does with CR123 primaries its just that you loose medium and get two high modes instead + loose regulation.

And yes, to my eye the moonlight level seems to be the same with 3.7v Li-ions or 3.0v CR123's at approx less than a lumen, and low is approx 15 -20 lumens, but this is just a guess.

Don't mean to add to the confusion but when you get your new light the UI will become much clearer right away...it's very intuitive. Just be aware that with the XM-L emitter and such a small thin-walled light it gets very warm, very fast and as ET suggests, only run the light on high or turbo with freshly charged Li-ions no more than a minute or so for the first few actuations and no more than 3 - 5 minutes on high period. With 3.7v Li-ions there are simply limitations one must accept if you wish to prolong its life and avoid damage to the battery or emitter.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

thanks, now i have fully understood. I am understanding that on LiIon's with tightened head and AFTER the 90secs downstep the Turbo level is still brighter than the Hi level which you get with loosened head... that sounds good to me! Maybe it's wise then, with LiIon#s, to use the Hi level most of the time because it produces less heat than the tightened head?

[...]

the UI of this torch reminds me of the Quark Regular UI (or the Fenix LD20). None of these 3 torches have a tactical momentary on (for sending in morse code) or mode memory (well, the D25C has mode memory! but not the D25A). That's why 4sevens came up with the Quark Tactical.

This answers the question about the reverse clicky. If one has to change modes with a tail button, one cant use this button for tactical momentary on anymore; it's either or. And if one has to change modes with a tail button, the most logical way to do so is with a reverse clicky, because once the button is fully pressed, you can change the mode at ANY time and AS OFTEN as needed. With a forward clicky, you can take the decision only ONCE, namely before you fully engage. Once it is fully pressed and you want to change modes, you need to switch off the light first.

Lights like the Eagtac T20 are exceptional because they do have tactical momentary on plus multiple modes in head tightened/loosened position. Complicated UI. Yet the UI of the G25 is even more complicated. :thinking: Zebralights dont have tactical momentary on either, so we're good.

BTW guys, dont forget that CPFMP dealers often offer a CPF discount. See lightjunction, illuminationgear and other Eagtac dealers, good luck!

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened

So it would be safe to say that the iteration of this model will be a forward clicky?
I guess a reverse clicky makes sense in this type of edc.

ViciousV

Newly Enlightened

Pre-ordered a Ti one from IG last night. Have a D25c Alum. twisty and a D25c Ti twisty. Figured I'd just jump to the D25c Ti clicky... early fathers day gift for myself. I wonder how far into the 500pc run they are??
Oh and I ordered a D25a Alum clicky for my Dad. He's not a full blown flashaholic, but he EDC's the little Energizer AA I bought him last year.. I figure he's due for an upgrade. I love buying people things I like! Hahaha...

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pre-ordered a Ti one from IG last night. Have a D25c Alum. twisty and a D25c Ti twisty. Figured I'd just jump to the D25c Ti clicky... early fathers day gift for myself. I wonder how far into the 500pc run they are??
Oh and I ordered a D25a Alum clicky for my Dad. He's not a full blown flashaholic, but he EDC's the little Energizer AA I bought him last year.. I figure he's due for an upgrade. I love buying people things I like! Hahaha...

I ordered the AA model of this light last night, as I didnt scroll all the way down the page to see the Cr123 version of it, so today, I ordered the CR123 version. Both are in Neutral tint.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

IG doesnt seem to have them in stock yet but i've spotted some other dealers who do have them in stock already and can ship within 24hrs. in other words, the Eagtac Titanium Clicky's have entered the market already, they are available!!

Question, does IG send shipping confirmation emails?

melty

Newly Enlightened

Is there any word on the new A950 II circuit? What improvements have been made? EagleTac's website doesn't make anything easy to find.

gsxer

Newly Enlightened

I ordered a D25A in a cool white from Light Junction a few days ago. This will be my first titanium light and I am a happy guy!. Now the wait begins.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Can't wait to see the first user pics of one of these. Nobody has a shot of the Ti with the switch showing yet?

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened

Just placed my order for the d25c ti clicky from lightjunction plus a ten pack of their stellar cr123 batteries.Has anyone had any experience with those batteries? Anyways, great bunch of guys there when they took my order. Looking forward to getting my new light woot!

Last edited:

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

I have the twisty, im very much looking forward to this light (very excite!) I would like the brightest of the two Ti versions though...So, if i used the 14500 lithium cell at 4.2v freshly charged, wouldn't it be just as bright as the C model on a freshly charged cr123 at 4.2v? Im assuming both use the same drivers/circuits? I love the AA form factor but like the 123a output .

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am very eagerly waiting for a Ti D25C with neutral XML. I wish it were forward clicky, but whatever...it's looks too damn good to pass up.

Got mine here in the UK from Ledfiretorches ... They had all the variations XML / XPG cr or AA versions

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

looks like UK dealers and GER dealers have them in stock already. the US dealers are all behind. LOL

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast

I can post a picture of it in the morning.. at work right now.. I could have taken a picture on my iphone had I bought it with me.. are looking for any aspect? It is slightly longer than the twisty and has a white slightly translucent button. It looks neats IMHO

gunga

Flashaholic

How do you like it Mohan? Looks like a nice light. Cheapish Ti is bad in a twisty, but is fine in clickies!

cyclesport

Enlightened

I can post a picture of it in the morning.. at work right now.. I could have taken a picture on my iphone had I bought it with me.. are looking for any aspect? It is slightly longer than the twisty and has a white slightly translucent button. It looks neats IMHO

A pic would be appreciated mohanjude, if possible. Is the translucent tailcap GITD? Also, is the UI the same as the aluminum D25C (since it has a newer driver) if indeed you currently own a std. D25C? Lastly...any extras...tailcaps, o-rings, screws, etc?