EagleTac Clicky Ti

gsxer

Newly Enlightened
Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

It's here but getting ready to go to work will open it later.

biglights

Enlightened

Man that sucks, my mail arrives in the same time frame everyday. Give or take 15 or 20 minutes.

biglights

Enlightened

The treads are pretty stiff, what is the best lube for this kind of light?

cbr400rr

Newly Enlightened

Got mine in today!! Nice little light. Now I just have to wait to play with it tonight!!!

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

The treads are pretty stiff, what is the best lube for this kind of light?

I agree about the threads not being so great. Mine wanted to strip on the tailcap end, and the washers fell out, and the switch isnt attached, and it was very tight, causing the threads to want to strip again. Then I noticed you can put the batteries in through the head instead of the tail cap, and it has longer threads, and doesnt have washers or switches falling out, so I think its better to install the batteries through the head.

As far as lube, you have to use the right kind. I used a little bit of soy based, thick lithium grease. But not much, and I didnt get it on the battery or anywhere other than the threads. Thats important. I wiped off any excess lube. But to be honest, I am not sure that lithium grease is or isnt the best lube for this type of situation, but it has worked for me, and I use lithium grease for all kinds of stuff, with no problems.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

I would love to see a photo of the A and C models side by side if any of you lucky dogs (wont get mine until monday) have the time.

af112566

Newly Enlightened

got mine today,,LJ is aweome at shipping!!what can i say,,a very nice ti light at a great price.got the cool white and its nice and bright not too green and the finish is surprisingly good.this is my first ti light and im very happy with it.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody try an AW IMR 16340 with the D25C XMLU2 Titanium Clicky yet?

The aluminum D25C using an AW IMR 16340 has a 10 lumen Low mode and a 750 lumen Med, Hi, and Turbo mode.

Does the Titanium model driver give a 200 lumen Medium and/or a 400 lumen Hi mode with Li-Ions?

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anybody try an AW IMR 16340 with the D25C XMLU2 Titanium Clicky yet?

The aluminum D25C using an AW IMR 16340 has a 10 lumen Low mode and a 750 lumen Med, Hi, and Turbo mode.

Does the Titanium model driver give a 200 lumen Medium and/or a 400 lumen Hi mode with Li-Ions?

I have 2 Soshine 16340's that have never been used, and are fully charged. But I wanted to make sure that using a 16340 is OK before I do it. Is it for sure?

Using the Cr123 these lights have many brightness settings. I have found 4 so far, but there is a moonlight mode somewhere too.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have 2 Soshine 16340's that have never been used, and are fully charged. But I wanted to make sure that using a 16340 is OK before I do it. Is it for sure?

Yes, let us know if you get distinct brightness levels different
than the last column on this chart using a 16340 (RCR123).

The aluminum D25C uses the A950RC circuit,
and the titanium D25C uses the A950RC II circuit.

Edit: Highlander reports his D25C Titanium using a 16340 is like column 2. Anybody else?

D25CXML-Lumens-1.gif

Last edited:

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened

my views on the light are in par with the other members' opinions. hopefully i will flip this light for what i paid including s+h.
my 15 dollar 1 mode rominsen rcc3 r2 serves my the micro cr123 compact purpose. in reality, i have to edc something bigger.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

using a 16340 is like column 2
in other words, with Liion we can produce
0.2lm
11lm
770lm

That's a total of 3 different brightness levels as opposed to "5" (moon, low, med, high, turbo). Note: Since in reality the MED's are slightly different, we get 6 different brightness levels with CR123A as opposed to "5" or "7" (Hi2 = Hi1).

Well, 3 is better than 2. And 3 is for sure better than 1 (=direct drive on all modes). And none of the blinking modes is lost with LiIon's. Altogether not perfect for EDC (with LiIon) but not too shabby in my books either.

beach honda

Enlightened

So does the general consensus of owners reflect a positive note? I think my light is fantastic. how did anyone unscrew the tail end of the light? I would never have tried to replace the battery any other way but unscrewing the head.

Any other impressions?

biglights

Enlightened

Yeah I think it is a very nice light, I have the D25A. Other than the stiff threads, which I ordered some grease for, I haven't seen any problems. (thanks beach honda!!) For a single AA this is a very impressive light!!! I wasn't expecting the walls to be thick like my titanium jetbeam, they are not the same light. At a third the price one should not expect it to be.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

anyone wants to share a photo of the threads or the wall thickness (close-up, zoom)?