Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

34976ev.jpg

fk19ic.jpg

1zf6fxs.jpg

:cool:

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for those pics! That is what I have been looking for. To my eyes, I felt the old twisty cr123 looked kinda short and fat...but the new one, the dimensions look perfect! I believe it is the same length as the twisty AA model now which I felt was also close to perfect. Now I think the new clicky AA might be too long (I have a ratio of width to length that looks right in my head) Someone will surely post a family photo of all 4 of the Ti models then we can see all the differences. That new one Kilovolt is looking good thanks again for the pictures.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

goinggear has now 10+ units of the D25A Clicky Ti in stock, and no other Clicky Ti models afaik. Goinggear video of the D25A/D25C Mini Ti exist and are helpful to demonstrate how bright the Ti lights are with standard batteries (Eneloop AA, CR123A). i dont believe that goinggear will shoot another D25 Ti video.

ES, you're right about the magical or critical ratio or proportions. To my eye, most 1xCR123A lights look too fat, or too big/heavy for the battery size (HDS, McGizmo, SWM, TCR1). Personally i do not use CR123A or 16340 cells.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

I tend to agree with you on that, although I am saving for a McGizmo I do find them big for the battery type that they take. I can be ok with that knowing it is a massive chunk of bad *** titanium though ;-) I think the new Eagletac D25C with be tolerable, it has that golden ratio that I like and is probably one of the thinest walled lights for that battery type out there, it looks fairly slim considering. We should see today, mine will hopefully be in the mail today! I will post some pics if I get the time today, cheers.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will post some pics
your a pro in the field.
we expect bada$$ photos, close-ups, multiple angles, .. from your part!!
Good luck with your specimen, i hope it is a flawless copy you got!
Thanks for your pro efforts :D

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Here are some pics of my new D25C Ti and my older D25A Ti (twisty). Just busted these out at my day job on lunch so they are not true E.S. quality but not too bad ;-)

Ok, here they are: (not sure what is up with the odd gap between the tail cap and body, but will investigate further...)

DSCN0019-1.jpg

DSCN0013-1.jpg

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

DSCN0011.jpg

DSCN0012.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0018.jpg

Last edited:

saypat

Enlightened

the pictures above put me over the edge, ordered it....

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Just added some pics to my above post, happy to report that the tail cap does in fact glow in the dark! More coming soon, just got home and set up my macro lens (the above shots were taken with a Nikon AW100 which does pretty damn impressive macro work)

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

:twothumbs Thanks Kilovolt! So far I am really liking this light and already plotting on getting a AA version. The Neutral tint is great on my copy, real nice warm tint I like quite a lot, now my cool tint D25A twisty looks too cold where before I thought it was just fine. If I had more time I'd post beam shots too but I'm guessing someone will beat me to it.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Gunga, the spacing is ok, just "ok". On a primary battery, with moonlight mode enabled (I have a hard time believing that this is .5 lumens, seems like 1 or 2 to me), it is moonlight mode 1st, then what must be medium (its bright) then high which is brighter than medium. With Moonlight mode turned off, it is low (too bright) med (too bright) and High (too brigh..., oh wait, no high is fine!) I usually don't mind strobes, I have used them before to get someones attention and if they are well hidden I think they are tolerable. I do not like the strobes on this light with the UI, seems way too touchy and easy to hit the strobes, and then when you do there are way too damned many of them to cycle through to get back to the mode you want. I'm unclear if there is a way to program the strobes to not come on, but if there's not then there should be. As another person told me, before I ordered this light (they were right on), the AA version is noticeably floodier than this cr123 one. For that reason I'm still going to get a AA one just to try out.

saypat

Enlightened

Many thanks for the wonderful pictures! Now I have to wait for my light to ship from LJ to Calif. Eagletacs are shipping with batteries, right? This is the LAST light I'm buying! Well no, the Zebralight H502 will be!

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

I heard they were shipping with batteries previousely, if I remember right I think my AA twisty Ti had a Duracell in it (can't quite recall for certain) but this one had no cell installed in the light or in the box :-(

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks ESC for your efforts, beautiful results!! Professional quality photos :kiss:

the pictures above put me over the edge, ordered it....
saypat, ESC, i dont see any pictures in post #127. My browser displays the post as:

snap601.gif
(truncated screenshot GIF)

@ESC
Have you ever tried to unscrew the tail cap (=disassemble the switch parts) and examine the quality and length of the tail cap threads? (macro photos of them too? :D )

Personally i will apply some silicone grease on the threads of the tail cap because silicone grease is perfect for sealing threads in a harmless way. Silicone grease is sticky and increases the friction/torque in the threads and reduces play. The tail cap will be even more water-proof and not come off as easily as, for example, wobbly dry threads. Some people call silicone grease a 'lube' .. but imho it is not a lube in the flashaholic's sense of reducing friction of twisty-UI flashlight threads. In fact, i would call it rather 'lute' than 'lube'.

Last edited:

kaabob

Newly Enlightened

Thanks ESC for your efforts, beautiful results!! Professional quality photos :kiss:

saypat, ESC, i dont see any pictures in post #127. My browser displays the post as:

(truncated screenshot GIF)
Same here. Re-up the pics post #127, please?
The pics from post #130 came out fine =)