EagleTac Clicky Ti

ClassicGOD

Newly Enlightened
Re: Eagtac Titanium Clicky

Mine did not come with a battery. Hmm..
When I was ordering my twisties from 2 different sellers in 2 different countries one came with battery and the other one did not. It is possible that some countries/states have laws against shipping lithium batteries with normal post? Either way it's not that unusual that D25C don't come with a battery.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine did not come with a battery. Hmm..

Mine came from ledfiretorches.co.uk and UK dealers tend to supply a free battery with the lights they sell, it is common practice.

They even mention it in the box contents:

Package & contents

Retail boxed D25C clicky LED Flashlight, spare o-ring, high quality lanyard, high quality rigid nylon holster, instructions plus 1 x CR123 battery

cbr400rr

Newly Enlightened

When I was ordering my twisties from 2 different sellers in 2 different countries one came with battery and the other one did not. It is possible that some countries/states have laws against shipping lithium batteries with normal post? Either way it's not that unusual that D25C don't come with a battery.
I don't think there is any law for shipping with lithium batteries in my state. I have received flashlights with lithium batteries before. Did everyone who got TIc get a battery? I ordered from LJ.

kaabob

Newly Enlightened

ESC, those sexy pictures put me over... just ordered a D25C Ti from lightjunction. sigh.

TweakMDS

Enlightened

Dagnabbit my store only carries the D25A, but it doesn't really offer me much more over what I have now... I want the C version!

ViciousV

Newly Enlightened

I did not get a battery with mine.

My D25c Ti clicky didn't come with a battery.
The D25a alum clicky I bought my Dad didn't come with one either.

The 2 D25c twists (one alum, one Ti) both came with batteries.

Cost cutting measures?

lebox97

Enlightened

FYI, ET has not been shipping batteries with lights for 2-3 months due to current International postal/shipping carrier restrictions.

Cheers
Tod

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Here is a quick and dirty beam shot comparison, Cool tint D25A Ti Twisty on the left and the new D25CTi clicky Neutral tint on the right (both on high)

P1020793.jpg

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Here are some shots of the tail switch and parts. Some observations, the o-ring is really cheap and small like the twisty version although with this light I can screw the tail on and off without having in bind up and pinch the o ring. I gave up trying to put the tail cap back on with the clip installed and took the clip off to put the cap back on, the clip was causing it to bind and not want to screw on straight (really a person would have no reason to take the tail cap off unless the switch went sour on you). The UI kinda sucks on this light, the strobes are way too easy to get to and there are far too many. Oddly enough, contrary to the specs I just tried it on a Ultrafire cr123 which didn't fit due to being too long (going to order some Eagletac cell from Tod soon) but when using the light I still had all of the modes, moonlight, med and high and the pesky annoying strobes but I couldn't tighten the head to try out the turbo mode and see how bright it could really get. The switch looks very cheap, curious how much clicking it will take before it goes out.

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0957.jpg

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0952.jpg

IMG_0951.jpg

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

One last batch of pics. Thought it would be nice to have a size comparison as I always appreciate seeing those the most. The D25C Ti is almost exactly the same diameter as my old Nitecore D10 and about 13mm shorter.

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

kaabob

Newly Enlightened

ESC thanks for the photos... impressive skillz u got there!
It's a shame the switch looks cheapy. I also wish they hid the strobe and SOS a lot better ...

fnj

Enlightened

Here is a quick and dirty beam shot comparison, Cool tint D25A Ti Twisty on the left and the new D25CTi clicky Neutral tint on the right (both on high)

Ugh. Puke green or orange brown. I'll have to pass until it's available with the Nichia 219.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

fnj, it is quite good in person. Hard to capture the true color on camera. I will try to get it spot on if I get a chance. The Nichia 219 are the bomb though I have admit ;-)

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast

Excellent p*o*ographic material, ESC, the pictures cant get any better than this, thanks a million for your efforts and sharing. With these photos in mind I will be mentally prepared and for sure not disappointed when my D25A sample finally reaches me, it is still in transit sent from IlluminationGear. We can see now the critical points which HighlanderNorth was addressing: the wall thickness is thin (as is expected with compact SS and Ti lights!) and therefore the threads grooves cant be very deep at the tail. No problem to me because: the tailcap isnt used for twisting operation (UI), should rarely be opened, could easily be sealed with sticky silicone grease, and is made out of strong material after all: Titanium alloy!
I am sure that the tail cap threads meet the sufficient strength requirement to be long-lasting for at least 10 yrs (see the FREE performance guarantee/warranty policy by Eagtac). Thanks to the generous Eagtac warranty and the friendly customer service (by the manufacturer), there is nothing to worry about. The length of the tail cap threads (2 full turns before it screws off) should be sufficient as well, let's trust the Eagtac designers and engineers.

The o-ring .. hmm yah.. could be replaced by a thicker one, if wanted. No big deal.

The clicky switch itself looks to be of standard quality. If you want to know what a really cheap clicky switch is have a look at the spare clicky packaged with Xeno S3A and Xeno E03. That is of cheap build quality!! As can be seen from ti-force's legendary Quark lego thread, the Quark clicky switch is of identical build quality and i find it's very good standard quality. I have yet to see clickies (assembled with China-made production lights) of much better build quality, maybe someone could share photos of such. Afaik, Klarus, Jetbeam, 4Sevens (and maybe Fenix and SWM too!) use the same build quality switches in their premium lights. Yes, they cost less than 2 bucks shipped!
ldswitch01.jpg

spring1a01.jpg

It is a good idea to remove the pocket clip before fiddling with the tail cap. Somehow i like the minimalist constructional design of the tail cap switch (loose clicky + washer + rubber boot cover). We learn from this example that it is impossible to design a clicky tail which is even shorter (smaller) than this, great example!!

By the way, i am deeply impressed by the flawless finish of the Titanium. Hand polished it looks!! Thanks again for the great photos.

How would you guys describe the tint and beam beauty on your samples?

Last edited:

melty

Newly Enlightened

Ugh. Puke green or orange brown. I'll have to pass until it's available with the Nichia 219.

That photo is not representative of my neutral tint (or my cool-white LC2 for that matter). I'd guess the white balance setting is tinting the colors slightly yellow, which would explain the green/yellow appearance of the beams. My light is white with maybe just a hint of yellow in the hotspot (or it could just be the spill creating that illusion), but nothing like ES's photo.

Edit:
One more pic! I took what I thought was a better representation of the tint:

Yes, that's much more representative of my tint.

Last edited:

fnj

Enlightened

fnj, it is quite good in person. Hard to capture the true color on camera. I will try to get it spot on if I get a chance. The Nichia 219 are the bomb though I have admit ;-)

That photo is not representative of my neutral tint (or my cool-white LC2 for that matter). I'd guess the white balance setting is tinting the colors slightly yellow, which would explain the green/yellow appearance of the beams. My light is white with maybe just a hint of yellow in the hotspot (or it could just be the spill creating that illusion), but nothing like ES's photo.

One more pic! I took what I thought was a better representation of the tint:

Yes; understood that camera images on a monitor are a minetrap and not a very fair way to judge tints; also I didn't really want to sound harsh or like I was singling out just the EagleTac. Actually, the human eye in person powerfully hides perception of tints for bright beams. In fact most people can't judge tint for beans unless A-B'ing. That said, I have a number of lights that are too greenish for my ideal taste, but still get pleasure out of them. I do notice that my old XRE 7090 lights seem to be the best compared to the distinctly lower tint quality of 99% of modern emitters.

Super nice pictures of the lights themselves, BTW.

EspionageStudio.Com

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the compliments. The beamshots are hard! I messed with the white balance in camera and in post processing, had a hard time trying to get it as my eye saw it. The latest pics is close, the first one was with a point and shoot and yeah, not even close. Glad people are digging the pics, hopefully soon you will be enjoying the light too, they are pretty nice for the $!