EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

Glock 22

Enlightened
Any up to date news on the release date, I know some was talking about march on the release date, and march is just a couple days away. Wonder if it's up for preorder yet? Any news I like to here about it.

Danielight

Enlightened
Feedback from illuminationGear CS rep, dated 2/21 (in response to my query about D25C2 "clicky" option):

Generally EagleTac announces a new product and specifications about 3-4 week before they take dealer orders.
Then availability follows about 3-4 weeks later - assuming there are no production delays of any sort.

There has not been any official announcement and specs made yet. http://eagletac.com/html/d25am/index.html
so, when will they ACTUALLY announce it (not talk about announcing it) - don't know.
Once they make an official announcement - how long after will it be available for dealers to order - don't know.
When will dealers actually have them in stock - don't know.

Guess we'll have to wait until EagleTac notifies us of an official release date. Personally, I like my "twisty" version, but would still consider getting the battery tube with "clicky" switch when it becomes available.

sspc

Newly Enlightened
So when it comes to functionality and versatility and efficiency, a Quark AA (not the Mini) is still THE BEST light in this size class. It's light-weight, kinda robust, and smallish.
Though I've only had the Quark mini, it did give me a good look at the UI and I can't say I'd pick the quark over the AA Zebralights.

But I'm excited about these clickie D25 series lights.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
" Re: EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch? "

maybe the thread title should be " Eagtac D-series with clicky switch? ". the D25C2 Mini is a twisty. The D25C2 is a clicky. the D25C2 Mini with clicky doesnt exist.
very clever to release the mini's before the clicky's. why? because the minis are shorter ("wow effect" at market introduction). although most would prefer a clicky, many would still buy the minis (in Alu and Ti).

if they had released the clicky's first, then everybody would have bought the clicky's and hardly anyone would consider buying the Minis afterwards .. because who would want a twisty after having bought a nice clicky?

twisties are great for 1x AAA lights. On 1x AA or on Ti's we prefer a clicky, dont we?

Streamer

Enlightened
I can think of someone that would want the twisty over the clicky...the "survivalist"...Zero chance of switch failure which is the weakest link in the clicky.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Heard a couple EagleTac things through the grapevine {needs to be confirmed, of course}

~ Current D25 series owners will be able to purchase just the clicky battery tubes
~ Neutral T6 bin XM-L coming, likely in the 3C tint range

//

bon1

Newly Enlightened
As my first LED flashlight, I've got an EagleTac D25A Mini. All I can say is that I really love it and I'm very happy with the twisty action. But then, I've never had a clicky so I cannot compare them.

As for this clicky battery tube sold as an accessory, what would be its approximate MSRP?

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
Im sure the forward click will be released down the line. That's how they keep us hooked.

Glock 22

Enlightened
Thanks for the info.

Feedback from illuminationGear CS rep, dated 2/21 (in response to my query about D25C2 "clicky" option):

Generally EagleTac announces a new product and specifications about 3-4 week before they take dealer orders.
Then availability follows about 3-4 weeks later - assuming there are no production delays of any sort.

There has not been any official announcement and specs made yet. http://eagletac.com/html/d25am/index.html
so, when will they ACTUALLY announce it (not talk about announcing it) - don't know.
Once they make an official announcement - how long after will it be available for dealers to order - don't know.
When will dealers actually have them in stock - don't know.

Guess we'll have to wait until EagleTac notifies us of an official release date. Personally, I like my "twisty" version, but would still consider getting the battery tube with "clicky" switch when it becomes available.

Lagerregal

Newly Enlightened
The new clicky-version seems to have a user-interface like quarks and additional moonlight mode, so it has to have a new circuit. so if you buy the additional clicky-tube for your twisty, i dont think you will have the full functionality of the new clickys...

sspc

Newly Enlightened
The new clicky-version seems to have a user-interface like quarks and additional moonlight mode, so it has to have a new circuit. so if you buy the additional clicky-tube for your twisty, i dont think you will have the full functionality of the new clickys...
The clicky's will have a moon light mode? If so, that's great news as the low on my D25LC2 appears to be 10 lumens or so.

WhoDaresWins

Newly Enlightened
I'm so happy to have stumbled across this thread!!! On the other hand, EagleTac might not be as pleased- because now I'll be holding off on buying any of the D25 MINI lights until the click versions are released. It'll take a lot of discipline not to get one of the current D25 MINI models to hold me over though :ironic:

Thanks Danielight for getting word from EagleTac on when we can expect something new.

I agree with shelm and Fitz.... anyone else itchin' for a D25C MINI/NEUTRAL XM-L T6/FWD CLICK/WITH REVERSIBLE CLIP? :naughty:

WhoDaresWins

Newly Enlightened
+

Heard a couple EagleTac things through the grapevine {needs to be confirmed, of course}

~ Current D25 series owners will be able to purchase just the clicky battery tubes
~ Neutral T6 bin XM-L coming, likely in the 3C tint range

//

orbital, that seems like great news. I'm still trying to learn more about lights... does this mean that I could purchase a D25C MINI now and later just attach the upcoming clicky-tube to the current XP-G head? ...similar to swapping a PREON 2 clicky onto a Preon 1 head?

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI, HERE is EagleTac's 2012 catalog. For the D25 clicky series, it says:

- Five output brightness and seven hidden auxiliary modes
- Rotary head designed to instantly switch between Hi and Low output
- Programmable moon-mode, output group, and memory setting
- Ultra compact design with reversed clicky switch

There's a specs chart for the general stats, but no details on the lumen spacing or how programing will work. Max lumens, min runtimes look the same as the current twisty.

Sounds like a Quark clone to me. Anyone know how their customer service is? The warranty at eagletac-usa.com says limited lifetime to the original purchaser.

Lagerregal

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like a Quark clone to me.
the biggest plus is 18650-support on D25LC2 without an ugly and too long tube like the quarks, which doubles runtime compared to 17670. And XP-G @ 1,5amp gives lots of lumens with decent throw (doubled throw compared to the quark X 123x2). i like an emitter driven to its limits more than an underdriven one.

Danielight

Enlightened
+

~ Neutral T6 bin XM-L coming, likely in the 3C tint range //

UPDATE: Today I heard from an EagleTac customer rep who said, "Yes, the clicky switch will be available but not include the clicky tube. And I believe next month you will be know the price."

My questions to the CR were: " if I want to change my D25LC2 over to a clicky model, would that be a simple matter of unscrewing the tailcap from the light and replacing it with the clicky switch? And if that's the case, since the existing tailcap has the pocket clip screwed into it, would there be a place on the clicky switch tailcap to screw in the pocket clip?"

Will keep you posted as to what the CR's response is.

sspc

Newly Enlightened
Great question Danielight...that's exactly what I want to know.

lwknight

Enlightened
Gentlmen, I'm a flashlight nut and this is my first post here.
I have been reading in this forum for some time now and have not
seen any opinions on Eagle Tac thread engagement. Maybe a little off topic but
Eagle Tac fans should be reading here so here goes.

What I'm coming from is that I just bought a Olight M30 Triton and its tailcap
engagement is terrible. I fear that I will get it stripped out after a few battery
changes because there are only 2 full threads engaged plus its slopy and cross thready
if you are not careful.

Now looking at EagleTac D25C2 and wondering how it is for machinemanship
(is that a word?). Has anyone had trouble threading the tailcap on?

lebox97

Enlightened
danielight
as previously mentioned - optional clicky tubes WILL be available to purchase to convert your twisty D25 into a clicky...
I personally had both a twisty and a clicky version D25 in my hand and tested the body switch out last January.

unscrew one body and switch to the other - simple as that (the clicky body will include the pocket clip).
The tail switch will then function the light like the twisting currently does - ie. click/momentary the switch on until reaching desired level (the head remains tight).

to lwknight: I don't think you will find any posts anywhere about sloppy EagleTac build quality - they are known for their high level of quality. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Tod

UPDATE: Today I heard from an EagleTac customer rep who said, "Yes, the clicky switch will be available but not include the clicky tube. And I believe next month you will be know the price."

My questions to the CR were: " if I want to change my D25LC2 over to a clicky model, would that be a simple matter of unscrewing the tailcap from the light and replacing it with the clicky switch? And if that's the case, since the existing tailcap has the pocket clip screwed into it, would there be a place on the clicky switch tailcap to screw in the pocket clip?"

Will keep you posted as to what the CR's response is.

Danielight

Enlightened
Tod, thanks for updating my update from the EagleTac rep ... your info was helpful and encouraging. Hopefully the clicky tube/switch will arrive soon. And I'll second your response to lwknight: the quality of the EagleTac D25LC2 is excellent. I have had no problems with sloppy threads, even though the twisty action is smooth enough to operate with one hand.