EagleTac D25C2 Mini with "clicky" switch?

sspc

Newly Enlightened
My holster has never been used and is still with the packaging. Even if the holster were better sized, I still wouldn't use because I like to pocket carry this light.

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
I don't think we really know the details of what the holdup with the holsters is exactly, or if there is even any significant holdup, so it might be a good idea to hold criticism until some facts are provided by the manufacturer. The update we were given was quite vague so any conclusions being drawn at this point are speculation only.

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
If EagleTac eventually does come out with a "Mini" D25 with a clicky, it will seel great.

jonnyfgroove

Enlightened
Also just got confirmation direct from EagleTac:

"Yes, the new D25 with clicky will be released at the end of this month. Alse have a XM-L bulb."

Although no mention of a moonlight mode, which I specifically asked about, so that seems like an unknown.

I hope they keep the XP-G option too. I just got the LC2 S2 version and it rocks. :rock:

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
Just heard from ET that there will not be a Ti available in the clicky version. Bummer as that is the combo I was looking forward to most.

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Huge bummer there... No idea why they decided that, seems like a no brainer to offer the same options for the TI model. Any news on when these come out?

Danielight

Enlightened
Just heard from ET that there will not be a Ti available in the clicky version. Bummer as that is the combo I was looking forward to most.
That's just for the Ti version? Any word about the regular aluminum version? I'm still interested in a clicky battery tube for my D25LC2 (to swap with the twisty tube) if they come out with one.

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Since the tailcap already unscrews (at least on my D25AM) I'm hoping they'll sell just the switch cap. I emailed them and was told the aluminum versions will be for sale in early April, but... We'll see.

I really don't understand what's so hard about tapping a hole in the existing TI tailcaps and installing a mechanical switch and rubber boot. I would do it myself if i could find a switch that fit!

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
There up for pre-order available the end of april but all pre-orders are sold out.

Last edited:

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
Huh, I just saw on a US distributor's site here that besides the XM-L and XP-G, there is also an XT-E version available for pre-order, which I know nothing about. Could someone talk about some of the basic differences between these three bulbs?

Kokopelli

Enlightened
Eagletac says the XTE R5 is as efficient as the XPG S2 and has a throwier beam. I still got the proven S2 Lc2 instead. XPG was said to have a better, smoother beam.

zenbeam

Enlightened
Huh, I just saw on a US distributor's site that besides the XM-L and XP-G, there is also an XT-E version available for pre-order, which I know nothing about. Could someone talk about some of the basic differences between these three bulbs?

I just posted to boast about pre-ordering my D25LC2rc with the XT-E R5 and included some info about the differences in the 3 LED offerings..... HERE (CPF thread)

OneBigDay

Enlightened
I went for it and pre-ordered the D25A Clicky last night. I'm sure I'm in the minority but what puts me over the edge is putting an XM-L in a small reflector resulting in a LOT of nice bright floody light, which is awesome for a small 1xAA light. Did the same for the D25A mini (twisty) and am loving it. Nice juicy fat beam!

In any case I think EagleTac has done a great job of offering tint and emitter options in the same package. Pick your poison, throw or flood, cool or neutral, twisty or clicky, different power variations - almost any combination thereof in this D25 series.

Last edited:

salimoneus

Newly Enlightened
I went for it and pre-ordered the D25A Clicky last night. I'm sure I'm in the minority but what puts me over the edge is putting an XM-L in a small reflector like resulting in a LOT of nice bright floody light, which is awesome for a small 1xAA light. Did the same for the D25A mini (twisty) and am loving it. Nice juicy fat beam!

In any case I think EagleTac has done a great job of offering tint and emitter options in the same package. Pick your poison, throw or flood, cool or neutral, twisty or clicky, different power variations - almost any combination thereof in this D25 series.

Yea, although I'm disappointed about (reportedly) losing the memory mode with the AA version, as well as them not coming out with a clicky Ti, I will be placing an order for a D25A clicky. They still packed some nice features into a very small package, at a good price.