Eagletac lights with XP-L HI (High Intensity) plus others!

Amelia

Enlightened
Re: New Eagletac lights with XP-L HI (High Intensity) plus others!

TX25C looks nice too! Surprised it doesn't support an 18650!

Probably because it's too short - 1xCR123 form factor. Maybe an extender tube will become available?

markr6

Flashaholic

Probably because it's too short - 1xCR123 form factor. Maybe an extender tube will become available?

There is a tube but only for 2x123.

ET is on a roll here!!

Amelia

Enlightened

There is a tube but only for 2x123.

ET is on a roll here!!

At least it supports 16650 then... my 2nd favorite cell type! :)

Amelia

Enlightened

And check out the UI on the MC30L3:

Operations

Basic operations:
  • Turn on the light at MAX output by pressing the BLACK button switch. Turn on the light at LOWEST output by pressing the WHITE button switch
  • To turn off the light anytime, press and release the BLACK button switch.
Advanced:
  • For MAX output momentary on, press and hold the BLACK button switch for immediate output.
  • To switch between different brightness levels, press and release the WHITE button switch when the flashligh is on.

(For example: if you want to turn on the flashlight at the 3rd level, just press and release the white button switch three times from off.)
  • To enter hidden auxiliary levels, press and hold the WHITE button switch when the flashligh is on.
  • For instant MAX output - at any output level, press and hold the BLACK button switch. Release the button to return to previous level.
  • For instant Strobe output - at any output level (even) off), double press and hold the BLACK button switch. Release the button to return to previous level (or off).

Nice UI. Instant access to low and high from off, instant access to high and strobe when on. I might buy one for the UI alone! Triple N219 is a nice bonus... :)

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic

Nice UI. Instant access to low and high from off, instant access to high and strobe when on. I might buy one for the UI alone! Triple N219 is a nice bonus... :)

I really don't want anything to up my MX25L3C Nichia 219 though! The twist head on that is pretty good, but one-handed operation would probably be better. The quality is just amazing on these lights. Lots of neutral options on the new lights...I hope they always keep that up.

I feel like they're getting a bit out of control with the UIs though. Seems like every model has something different, which can be good or bad. I understand a couple variations between small and large lights, but they're going well beyond that.

Last edited:

Amelia

Enlightened

I really don't want anything to up my MX25L3C Nichia 219 though! The twist head on that is pretty good, but one-handed operation would probably be better. The quality is just amazing on these lights. Lots of neutral options on the new lights...I hope they always keep that up.

I feel like they're getting a bit out of control with the UIs though. Seems like every model has something different, which can be good or bad. I understand a couple variations between small and large lights, but they're going well beyond that.

I hear you - but I would dearly love to have similar output to my MX25L3C (N219) in a light with smaller/lighter form factor. I see the double-switch as a step in the right direction, I think it will probably be more reliable than the twist head in the long run.

Amelia

Enlightened

Never mind all that - upon further reading, it's the MX30L3 that has the dual switch - and Nichia 219 is not an option. The Nichia light has twist head.

Someday, if not by EagleTac then maybe by some other flashlight company that wants my money... :)

recDNA

Flashaholic

I prefer hidden strobe

markr6

Flashaholic

Never mind all that - upon further reading, it's the MX30L3 that has the dual switch - and Nichia 219 is not an option. The Nichia light has twist head.

Someday, if not by EagleTac then maybe by some other flashlight company that wants my money... :)

Yeah but still a (hopefully nice) neutral white. And I think that head twist is an error!

"Twisty head & forward clicky switch" on the overview page, but doesn't mention it in the specs page anywhere. I also see several other spelling errors, so someone must have been hurrying to get to their lunch break while putting this together!

Last edited:

Berneck1

Enlightened

Of any brand I think I have Eagletacs the most. I've got my eye on that D25a Titanium. My black one is looking pretty beat up.

I'm curious as to the beams on the G25C2 and T25C2. I have both lights, but I'm inclined to give one away and replace it with a throwier version.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast

The new design of the titaniums look lovely, but it's too bad the UI of the Eagletacs is a bit subpar, and the mode spacing is very bad (in my experience.)

recDNA

Flashaholic

Do the titaniums have the high intensity xpl?

LessDark

Enlightened

Will it be possible to only buy heads for the M30LC2?
So that I can buy one complete light and then just an aditional head for the one I'm missing (I guess that was the idea)? I see Illuminationgear only sell complete lights.

Amelia

Enlightened

Hi .. :)

I noticed this page in Eagletac.com , thought you'd like to see.

http://www.eagletac.com/html/contact/features/6-19-2015.html

Oh YEAH!!!!

T25C2 with HI emitter:
33,600 Lux, 400 Yd./366 M. Beam.

Fantastic! THIS is what I've been waiting for... a light with throw performance similar to the S200C2 and Armytek Predator Pro 2.5, but in a pocket-sized almost EDC-able size.

I'm buying a pair of these... at any cost. For my night hiking activities, this light is pure gold! :)

Chaitanya

Banned

Finally Eagletac is dropping ball on that stupid head twisty UI for lights. That MX30L3 is really tempting and might get it over the Nitecore TM16.

Edit: also where are those Eagletac 3500mah 18650 cells? And more importantly who makes 3500mAh cells and based on what chemistry?

Last edited:

LessDark

Enlightened

The new M30LC2 still has the head twist UI though =/

Finally Eagletac is dropping ball on that stupid head twisty UI for lights. That MX30L3 is really tempting and might get it over the Nitecore TM16.

Edit: also where are those Eagletac 3500mah 18650 cells? And more importantly who makes 3500mAh cells and based on what chemistry?

Berneck1

Enlightened

I actually like the head twisty. You can predetermine what level you want before turning it on. That's one thing I hate about other lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums