Eagletac lights with XP-L HI (High Intensity) plus others!

Amelia

Enlightened
Re: New Eagletac lights with XP-L HI (High Intensity) plus others!

Just like the SBT made without a dome. Not all bins are created equally, especially when driven hard. The factory will do it's best to correctly identity which bin it belongs to. However it's not an exact science. Which is why we find different colour temperatures within any given bin which varies greater than the official specs suggest.

They don't test them individually, so you can expect some variance.

Thanks,
-Chuck

True, but you can at least expect that something like a 3A neutral tinted HI emitter won't be up in the 7000K range or down in the deep orange warm zone. These new EagleTac lights should be reasonably neutral tinted, which pleases me just fine! :)

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am looking forward to this one too and having it tested in a lab.

Amelia

Enlightened

I am looking forward to this one too and having it tested in a lab.

Despite the "collection minimalization project" I've recently undertaken, I'm planning to buy a T25C2 HI emitter light the second they become available, and test it side-by-side with my EagleTac S200C2 (NW emitter) in real world night hiking conditions. I will publish a detailed comparison review here as soon as possible.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm on the same mission, trying not to buy any more lights, but it's not working and if Eagletac decide to do an TX25C2 version, i will buy that too.

Lets hope the T25C2 performs well. The one i dedomed has a slight green tint to it :green:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Despite the "collection minimalization project" I've recently undertaken, I'm planning to buy a T25C2 HI emitter light the second they become available, and test it side-by-side with my EagleTac S200C2 (NW emitter) in real world night hiking conditions. I will publish a detailed comparison review here as soon as possible.

Illuminationgear has the T25C2 HI up for preorder FYI.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast

have had the XP-l(dome on)V5 T25C2 since it actually came out awhile ago. Bright as HELL. Excellent and defined beam profile, great throw for its size. Tint is refreshingly free of harsh purples etc and is quite white. Very happy with mine and hope the PD35TAC I just ordered can stack up to it quite honestly in terms of actual output and quality of beam profile. A true 1000+ lumen XP-L with great run time and regulation. Ordered mine from GG surprisingly I dont see it listed now

Amelia

Enlightened

have had the XP-l(dome on)V5 T25C2 since it actually came out awhile ago. Bright as HELL. Excellent and defined beam profile, great throw for its size. Tint is refreshingly free of harsh purples etc and is quite white. Very happy with mine and hope the PD35TAC I just ordered can stack up to it quite honestly in terms of actual output and quality of beam profile. A true 1000+ lumen XP-L with great run time and regulation. Ordered mine from GG surprisingly I dont see it listed now

Yes, many good reports on the domed version - but these HI (High Intensity) domeless versions should be OVER THE TOP on throwy brightness! The specs so far show it keeping up with a S200C2,which is INSANE for a slim pocketable light! :)

I'll know for sure on Friday - and I'll report on it here as soon as I do a comparison. I ordered my T25C2 HI today, and if the postal service isn't their typical incompetent bunch of morons, I'll have it in hand just before the 4th of July weekend! Good times. :)

markr6

Flashaholic

I'll know for sure on Friday - and I'll report on it here as soon as I do a comparison. I ordered my T25C2 HI today, and if the postal service isn't their typical incompetent bunch of morons, I'll have it in hand just before the 4th of July weekend! Good times. :)

HAHA I'm preparing for disappointment.

Expected Delivery Day: Friday, July 3, 2015
but experience tells me I shouldn't get too excited.

Amelia

Enlightened

HAHA I'm preparing for disappointment.

Expected Delivery Day: Friday, July 3, 2015
but experience tells me I shouldn't get too excited.

You ordered one too, eh?
Great minds think alike! :)

markr6

Flashaholic

You ordered one too, eh?
Great minds think alike! :)

No it's for my M43vn. But a few of these Eagletacs are really tempting!

Amelia

Enlightened

No it's for my M43vn. But a few of these Eagletacs are really tempting!

Ah... c'mon! S200C2 without the fat bezel? you KNOW you want one! :D

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

My T25C2 XP-L HI arrived today and i consider it an upgrade for my older T20C2. The tint is great and it throws well for a compact 18650 light. It throws much better than my TX25C2 XM-L2 U2 (20k Lux).

I just wished the threads was anodised for lock-out.

I will definitely take this to the next CPF meet.

Amelia

Enlightened

My T25C2 XP-L HI arrived today and i consider it an upgrade for my older T20C2. The tint is great and it throws well for a compact 18650 light. It throws much better than my TX25C2 XM-L2 U2 (20k Lux).

I just wished the threads was anodised for lock-out.

I will definitely take this to the next CPF meet.

Oooohhhhhh! Nice!
Do you have a S200C2 or Armytek Predator(/Pro) to compare throw and spill to? Can you describe the tint / CCT? Any artifacts in the beam?
Itching for info... :)

gottawearshades

Enlightened

Ack! Where are the Tx25c w/ HI for sale now? Everywhere I look I see only XM-L2.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oooohhhhhh! Nice!
Do you have a S200C2 or Armytek Predator(/Pro) to compare throw and spill to? Can you describe the tint / CCT? Any artifacts in the beam?
Itching for info... :)

I no longer have my Eagletac S200C2 because a friend lost it, but i do have the Armytek Predator Pro XP-G2. First of all it's smaller and more compact than the Predator and early testing would certainly suggest the T25C2 XP-L HI throws further and has a more aesthetically pleasing beam profile. The transition between hot spot and side spill is very smooth and does not have the dark rings in the beam profile of my Armytek Predator.

The T25C2 has a wider spill beam and a warmer colour temperature of 5200k on my unit. Personally my early impressions are very good. I believe this will warrant more testing with the proper controls in place to ensure accurate results.

Amelia

Enlightened

Ack! Where are the Tx25c w/ HI for sale now? Everywhere I look I see only XM-L2.

Don't know about the TX25C - I don't think that one is available with the HI domeless emitter.
The T25C2 HI can currently be found at Illumination Gear... and soon at Andrew and Amanda according to an email I got from them.

Last edited: