Eagletac lights with XP-L HI (High Intensity) plus others!

markr6

Flashaholic
Re: New Eagletac lights with XP-L HI (High Intensity) plus others!

I actually like the head twisty. You can predetermine what level you want before turning it on. That's one thing I hate about other lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

It's GREAT for their S200C2. Simple 3 mode light. And I think most people would be using that on MAX most of the time anyway. At least I do. Once you get into EDC and non-specific application lights (not throwers), you probably don't want the twist head. Instead, something that can access 2+ modes directly.

Midnight.Sun

Newly Enlightened

Me too, i like the twisty heads of ET, it keeps the lights short in length/light in weight, very easy to use and pre select UI. So i hope that Eagletac will keep a good reserve of them in their stock in the future and offer us bothe options. That said what i realy like them to consider is adding moonlight mode ( 1 lumen or less ) to their lights.

As for the new 3500 mAh batteries i read here that it is Sanyo NCR18650GA so the chemistry -i gues- must be very similar to all the Panasonics NCR18650'ies the difference is the 10A of the Sanyo's instead of (depending on the added protection circuit) the 5A and 7A of Panasonic's 3400 and 3600 mAh, i think Eagletac is preparing these Batteries for the upcoming more demanding new emmiters like CREE XH-P70

Here is some specs from Keeppower stock
http://www.keeppower.com.cn/products_detail.php?id=504

Chaitanya

Banned

My experience has been exactly opposite with 2 weeks I spent with a Eagletac SX25L3, I used it while trekking in Western ghats and I didn't find it terribly useful. Also I noticed after a 3 day trek in ghats, there was significant moisture accumulation inside the head and around contacts. I was lucky light didn't die on me while trekking or else I would have been in a terrible situation in mountains during monsoons and foggy weather. I would much rather have that 2 button interface which I know can be sealed reliably against moisture and dust.

LessDark

Enlightened

I also don't like the idea of having a relatively big flashlight with a loosened head where dust and moisture can get inside. The fact that the contacts needs to be cleaned from time to time proves it's a bad design in my mind.
I'm sure many people like this design, but I wish they had a option for button operation.

My experience has been exactly opposite with 2 weeks I spent with a Eagletac SX25L3, I used it while trekking in Western ghats and I didn't find it terribly useful. Also I noticed after a 3 day trek in ghats, there was significant moisture accumulation inside the head and around contacts. I was lucky light didn't die on me while trekking or else I would have been in a terrible situation in mountains during monsoons and foggy weather. I would much rather have that 2 button interface which I know can be sealed reliably against moisture and dust.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I also don't like the idea of having a relatively big flashlight with a loosened head where dust and moisture can get inside. The fact that the contacts needs to be cleaned from time to time proves it's a bad design in my mind.
I'm sure many people like this design, but I wish they had a option for button operation.

Yes, when I was looking at Eagletac lights, the warnings about needing to clean the contacts of the twisty head turned me off. I want a light to work properly all the time, with very little maintenance. I bought a Sunwayman instead. The Eagletacs do look very tempting, if it wasn't for the contact issues.

Berneck1

Enlightened

Yeah, I could see where the twisty head may be a drawback in harsh conditions.

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

I actually like the head twisty. You can predetermine what level you want before turning it on. That's one thing I hate about other lights.

Same here, I just wish they had true moonlight modes.

Midnight.Sun

Newly Enlightened

I don't know about SX25L3 but I suspect either a slightly damaged O ring or maybe by accident you loosened the head a little far beyond the lowest level for some time, or all the way passed the O ring, even one second like that in bad weather can do it.
Anyway its advised to carry a backup on such trips.

My G25C2 II was never contaminated with water or dirt inside the head or around contacts part.
But it used to make its own Aluminium dirt mixed with the grease on the threads !!

I haven't had a chance to try Deoxit D100 on the threads as ET advices, because i kinda lost my G25 ( willing to buy another one again )

But i agree with you the new design is a much more secure solution and i will be happy try it, but after i get another G25 and a MX25L3 with twisty heads first, as I personally like the look and the feel of flashlights with no buttons on the body part.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

It looks like ill be buying the T25C2 XP-L HI V3. I wish they made this with the TX25C2.

markr6

Flashaholic

Funny timing on this. Just last night I was using my MX25L3C for just a few seconds and notices a lot of fog under the lens! I thought "why????" Then I remembered I went swimming with it Saturday night (few days ago). OK, not the smartest thing to do, but it sure was fun to see fish swim up to me then get spooked and swim away. While it didn't "leak" I guess it let in just enough moisture to the o-ring to create the fogging. Do I tend to take the IPX ratings a little too literal?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Funny timing on this. Just last night I was using my MX25L3C for just a few seconds and notices a lot of fog under the lens! I thought "why????" Then I remembered I went swimming with it Saturday night (few days ago). OK, not the smartest thing to do, but it sure was fun to see fish swim up to me then get spooked and swim away. While it didn't "leak" I guess it let in just enough moisture to the o-ring to create the fogging. Do I tend to take the IPX ratings a little too literal?

I have had condensation on the inside of multiple flashlight lenses. There are several ways to get rid of it but it is not unique to Eagletac.

gottawearshades

Enlightened

Very interested in the TX25C. I notice the places that offer it for pre-order all say XML2. Does anybody know: Is the XPL HI on Eagletac's blog a speacial run, or the product listings need to be updated, or what?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a special run. Do not confuse this with other LED's

gottawearshades

Enlightened

Looking at the blog posting again, it looks like that is just an experimental light. As I already have a dedomed tx25c2vn, this light is not as interesting now. . . .

Very interested in the TX25C. I notice the places that offer it for pre-order all say XML2. Does anybody know: Is the XPL HI on Eagletac's blog a speacial run, or the product listings need to be updated, or what?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

What i like about this is that it should be cool white. Similar to an SBT LED instead of neutral white.

Amelia

Enlightened

What i like about this is that it should be cool white. Similar to an SBT LED instead of neutral white.

Actually, the bin of these LEDs is listed as 3A, which is a nice 5500K range neutral emitter. I'm. really excited about these lights, especially the T25C2.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

That means little when you take the dome off and replace it with a covering

Amelia

Enlightened

That means little when you take the dome off and replace it with a covering

Not true - these are not "dedomed" LEDs, but factory released parts made without a dome, binned by tint at the factory in their final domeless state.
After-factory de-doming an LED will decrease the color temperature (make it warmer), but these "factory dedomed" parts are not color temperature shifted... 3A tint will be just that in the final light... 3A neutral tint with about 5300K-5500K temp.

Last edited:

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just like the SBT made without a dome. Not all bins are created equally, especially when driven hard. The factory will do it's best to correctly identity which bin it belongs to. However it's not an exact science. Which is why we find different colour temperatures within any given bin which varies greater than the official specs suggest.