EDC - What's in Your Pocket(s)?? Third Edition

boo5ted

Enlightened
51246383419_8c3bea673c_c.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
If I did a pocket dump 6 years ago, it would look exactly the same as this one today.
The only thing that changed is the phone that took the picture.
Wallet, Gerber EAB (Exchange A Blade), and a CooYoo Quantum.

nB8BAIJL9XoyU0wVGtEIWhxZmL=w594-h789-no?authuser=0.jpg

3_gun

Enlightened
G2c + mag, keys w/Fenix E01v2+ 1oz silver bar, flashlight (varies), flip phone, Cold Steel Voyager, wallet w/SAK card tool + 1935 trade dollar & Papermate/Fisher space pen. That isn't the end of my EDC just what does into pockets

CHNeal

Enlightened
pocket dump after my 4 am-10 mile trail walk this morning

Gen5 G19 w/ rmr and tlr7
Chris Reeve carbon fiber Mnandi
carbon fiber ridge wallet
Custom peak eiger with Nichia 219b 5700K hicri
Malkoff MD4/M91T

This is my actual EDC except the MD4 which is an event specific add on

Attachments

• 5EBBCF92-BFE4-41D0-BE69-634B5D3F4167.jpeg
    5EBBCF92-BFE4-41D0-BE69-634B5D3F4167.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 100

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Surefire e2 and I always have my yellow birch outfitters pocket organizer. Excellent and sturdy piece of gear.

In the organizer is an olight i1r 2, maratac brass peanut lighter, shapleigh hardware co cattle knife, brass fisher space pen, and victorinox alox minichamp. In the other compartments are a couple of flossers, microfiber cloth for glasses, safety pins, countycomm tweezers and mini compass, and a couple pairs of earplugs. All in a slim package.

03944192-A47D-41CC-BD23-A705E177C65E.jpeg

Poppy

Flashaholic
If I did a pocket dump 6 years ago, it would look exactly the same as this one today.
The only thing that changed is the phone that took the picture.
Wallet, Gerber EAB (Exchange A Blade), and a CooYoo Quantum.

View attachment 17921

Pretty much same with me but the bills in my money fold are not the same.

LOL here we are a year later and my pocket dump still looks the same, except I added a few Ibuprofen tablets. For the past month they have become a regular EDC. I'm scheduled for a hip replacement in a few weeks.

1660961823194.png

Doc told me I would need to come back for a follow-up two weeks later, and that I would need someone to bring me. I said, "What? Two weeks later and I won't be able to drive? You're doing the left hip. I drive with the right one."

He said, "Yeah, you can't drive for a month, you'll probably still be on narcotics."

I said, "Oh."
I was thinking... "Narcotics for two weeks to a month? Oh boy, I am going to be in narcotic level pain for a month? THAT is not what I was planning on."

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL here we are a year later and my pocket dump still looks the same, except I added a few Ibuprofen tablets. For the past month they have become a regular EDC. I'm scheduled for a hip replacement in a few weeks.

View attachment 31105

Doc told me I would need to come back for a follow-up two weeks later, and that I would need someone to bring me. I said, "What? Two weeks later and I won't be able to drive? You're doing the left hip. I drive with the right one."

He said, "Yeah, you can't drive for a month, you'll probably still be on narcotics."

I said, "Oh."
I was thinking... "Narcotics for two weeks to a month? Oh boy, I am going to be in narcotic level pain for a month? THAT is not what I was planning on."

I'm scheduled for a hip replacement in a few weeks.

You still on schedule for this? I've had 4 hip surgeries in my years, 3 of which were replacements, 2 of which were in CY2015. If it's still 'on', I'll be rootin' for you! Not that bad, just some inconvenience to be sure. You'll likely do fine with it, and hopefully you've made some changes around the home '20 in preparation to make things easier. Don't know what support you have at home, but I was alone post-op for the replacements, but even that was doable with a bit of planning. I was hardly young at the time either, so I'm sure you'll work through it! Best wishes.

Poppy

Flashaholic
You still on schedule for this? I've had 4 hip surgeries in my years, 3 of which were replacements, 2 of which were in CY2015. If it's still 'on', I'll be rootin' for you! Not that bad, just some inconvenience to be sure. You'll likely do fine with it, and hopefully you've made some changes around the home '20 in preparation to make things easier. Don't know what support you have at home, but I was alone post-op for the replacements, but even that was doable with a bit of planning. I was hardly young at the time either, so I'm sure you'll work through it! Best wishes.
Thanks @aznsx
My house is a ranch style, my daughter and 17 y/o grandkids live with me. Unfortunately she is not allowed to work from home anymore, and the kids will be back in school during the day. The plan is that I will stay overnight in the hospital and have a couple of PT sessions, and then go home. I'll have a few days where the PT will come to my home, and then I'll be on my own. I'm having the anterior procedure which is not as disabling as the posterior for the first couple/three weeks, and then after a month I am told that either is just as good.

My sister is retired and willing to play Nancy Nurse, but I really don't think that will be necessary. I hope that I am not disappointed. I'm glad to hear that you did well without any help. I have crutches and a walker, and an elevated toilet seat should arrive tomorrow. What kind of changes around the home do you suggest? And/or what kind of planning might I need to do to make it all work?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks @aznsx
My house is a ranch style, my daughter and 17 y/o grandkids live with me. Unfortunately she is not allowed to work from home anymore, and the kids will be back in school during the day. The plan is that I will stay overnight in the hospital and have a couple of PT sessions, and then go home. I'll have a few days where the PT will come to my home, and then I'll be on my own. I'm having the anterior procedure which is not as disabling as the posterior for the first couple/three weeks, and then after a month I am told that either is just as good.

My sister is retired and willing to play Nancy Nurse, but I really don't think that will be necessary. I hope that I am not disappointed. I'm glad to hear that you did well without any help. I have crutches and a walker, and an elevated toilet seat should arrive tomorrow. What kind of changes around the home do you suggest? And/or what kind of planning might I need to do to make it all work?

Thanks in advance.
Poppy:
Let me know when your surgery is scheduled for, and I'll try to briefly 'brainstorm' some of the more important / useful ideas / suggestions from my experience and PM/DM that to you in time for it to be of value / be acted upon before the event - so knowing the date will help with that. Good prep goes a long way in these situations. Much of the info / advice you need is on the Net, and / or will be provided by your Dr., their PA, and possibly the assigned PT person in advance. I'll try to prioritize some of that standard advice / conventional wisdom based on my experience, and also share a few ideas I came up with myself which proved useful / valuable to me.

jz6342

Newly Enlightened

View attachment 31105

I said, "Oh."
I just got a new new right knee a week and a half ago. I tried the tough guy part but there was a LOT of narcotic level pain for a couple of days. It's gotten much better and is mostly controlled with Tylenol now. Glad I got it done though!