Eneloops: what charger do I need? (info and discussion thead)

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I have a project in progress that will (most likely) use 4 x AA black enloops in series.

Most likely will put some type of plug connector on it so that it can just plug into the end device (a fan)

It would be very handy to have an all in one box charge setup that the 4 x series batteries can plug into to charge them.

it is for my daughter who works a lot of hours so I am trying to avoid having to take the batteries out to charge them in a conventional AA enloop charger.

It doesn't need to be perfect, but has to be reliable and easy to use.

Normal USA 120 vac 60 hz powered is idea.

$20 vs $100 isn't that important. EU or North America built is optimal.

BJ has these for example:

https://www.batteryjunction.com/chun-0409arc.html

Thanks

Harry

Last edited:

tommylouis

Newly Enlightened
I have over 30 each of Eneloop AA & AAA batteries, as well as a number of 400, 600, 800ma Nicd AA & AAA and 48 1,100ma NIcd Batteries. I have a BC900 V22 that port # 1 with nothing in it acts like it is charging or has a charged battery in its slot the other 3 slots work great. I also have 1 BQ-CC17 & 3 BQ-CC55 chargers.

What would be the best charger that is available for me to purchase to use as my best charger for now and the future.

My wife had been using our Eneloop batteries for her solar flower garden but over time they don't work out well. Which from what I read the best batteries will be the NiCD Batteries

so any ideas anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

frosty99

Newly Enlightened
I've read through / scanned this entire forum, and I'm hoping to draw some conclusion. Can you confirm please?

If I have the option of 300, 500, 1000mA charge

1000mA charge is suitable / best for AA
500mA charge for AAA

Some are unknown capacity, others are in the 1500-2000mAh range.

Your input would be most appreciated. Thanks!

ChibiM

Enlightened
I've read through / scanned this entire forum, and I'm hoping to draw some conclusion. Can you confirm please?

If I have the option of 300, 500, 1000mA charge

1000mA charge is suitable / best for AA
500mA charge for AAA

Some are unknown capacity, others are in the 1500-2000mAh range.

Your input would be most appreciated. Thanks!

500 or 1000 for AA
and 300 for AAA (and 500 should also be okay)