Ever been hastled by airport security for your carry-on lights/batteries?

m16a

Enlightened
Well, since this thread provided me with a boatload of information, my traveling experiences will help to serve others in the future.

I flew from Philadelphia International Airport to Ben Gurion Internation in Tel Aviv, Israel. Anyone who knows Israel, knows that Ben Gurion may be the toughest security airport there is, in large part from the fact that Israel has had tons of terrorism problems long before the States.

Long story short, My Ra Clicky, my D10, and my Malkoff M30 in a Solarforce host had zero problems getting through Ben Gurion OR Philadelphia security. In fact, my lights successfully journeyed with me through numerous Israeli museums, through bus stations, and train stations. If they are given Israeli stamps of safety approval, I think that is great news for Flashaholics everywhere.

M16a

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read an article by Masaad Ayoob in a magazine on the newstand yesterday in which he stated that the TSA had added the SF E2DL to a 'do not allow on planes' list in 2009. I just gave my niece an E2DL for xmas that I had had the bezel teeth ground down, and switched out the scalloped tailcap, but I'm still afraid somebody is going to look at the 'list' at the airport, and take it away from her, "because it's on the list". It does sound like some people have been able to travel with their 'defenders', but FWIW, I think I am going to switch the body tube with her next chance I get. Just my .02