Ever play with your water proof lights in water?

handy

Newly Enlightened
My wife is suddenly telling everyone how she found me in the shower with all the lights off and my GD modded PT-EOS in my head. :D

Ha! If my wife found me in the shower with a flashlight and the lights off she'd never stop telling that one when friends are over or at parties!

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have two of the RGB ARC triple A lights and when I can, take them into the Jacuzzi with me. I have taken all my ARCs in there but haven't been able to use the Jacuzzi for quite some time, so none of my Fenix have been swimming, or any of my Surefires

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I played with my Mag85 in my friend's pool. problem is, next day there was moisture inside. thank God it didnt short. Not going to try that again

Crenshaw

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my SF's have been tested in the...ummm...shower...and none have yet to take on water...I rather have them fail on me in the shower, than during a bad rain-storm, and a tree falls on the house or something...I may not use them all on a daily basis, but that's what they're all inteneded for...I have no "shelf-queens". I gives me a "warm fuzzy" knowing that they all can at least survive a hot shower...did I really just post that??? :sick2:

NE450No2

Enlightened
I have washed my E1e at least 3 times I can remember.
Twice in the last few months.
It never did leak.

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Like a few of you have posted, Im a bit skeptical about using mine in the shower, pool, tub etc..Should I go for it?
And does surefires warranty cover the damages that my result from this? Ive read their warranty page but cannot determine if it does or not.
Thanks!

gsxrac

Enlightened
Like a few of you have posted, Im a bit skeptical about using mine in the shower, pool, tub etc..Should I go for it?
And does surefires warranty cover the damages that my result from this? Ive read their warranty page but cannot determine if it does or not.
Thanks!

All my lights are water tested from day one (accept my Zebralight, but I dont trust it anyway) As soon as I get them they hop in the shower with me. Then they go in the sink to soak for a few minutes. And yes Warrantys will cover damage as long as its within the parameters of what they said it should be able to withstand i.e. 1 meter for 30 min.

Marduke

Flashaholic
And yes Warrantys will cover damage as long as its within the parameters of what they said it should be able to withstand i.e. 1 meter for 30 min.

I've said it many times, what you do to it in real life does NOT correspond to the IP rating the light is certified to. They are NOT the same.

Onuris

Newly Enlightened
All my lights are water tested from day one (accept my Zebralight, but I dont trust it anyway) As soon as I get them they hop in the shower with me. Then they go in the sink to soak for a few minutes. And yes Warrantys will cover damage as long as its within the parameters of what they said it should be able to withstand i.e. 1 meter for 30 min.

1 meter for 30 min? Really? With most of my SureFires I have taken them swimming, in our hot tubs, snorkeling and reef diving, and not had any issues with them leaking at all. My E2L Outdoorsman spent a whole weekend underwater at 15 ft in our pool without leaking. I dropped my 6P LED off of my boat while fishing one night late last summer on a small lake adjacent to my property. Went diving for it the next day, but could not find it. Just this last spring I finally found it, and it was completely dry inside. 7 months at a depth of about 50 ft. I will note though that this light is double o-ringed, so I'm sure that helped.

Edit- I did have one of my G2 LED lights leak after going through the washing machine, seems like it leaked at the tailcap switch.

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dropped my 6P LED off of my boat while fishing one night late last summer on a small lake adjacent to my property. Went diving for it the next day, but could not find it. Just this last spring I finally found it, and it was completely dry inside. 7 months at a depth of about 50 ft.

Pics of the holy 6PL!!!! :twothumbs:twothumbs

Any forms of damage to the finish or anything???

Does it work?
You didn't mention that!

:D:D

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I shower with my TiFli daily. :naughty:
And yes, you may think of it on both levels. :laughing:

milkshake

Newly Enlightened
took my led lenser hd7438cp in the shower today which i thought was supposed to be waterproof. well, it wasnt

Buckeye

Enlightened
+2 on washing lights...Not me of course. My wife left her LOD SE snowflake in her clothes three times. Once it went into the dryer.
"WTH is that clanking noise?" :confused:
It came out no worse for the wear each time.

325addict

Enlightened
Only yesterday, I tried an Ultrafire WF-501B with a head that wasn't completely straight on. It was stuck somehow, and I saw a small piece of O-ring coming out :green:
I just put the flashlight in a large glass of water and let it there for a while. After that, I thoroughly inspected it.
Not a single drop had come in.
Somehow, these Ultrafire WF-501B aren't so bad at all, IF you are lucky to catch a good batch.
I ordered the longer versions of the well-known "2X CR123" format, these can hold either 2X 18500 or 2X 18650 depending on the length. I ordered two each, when I get them in I'll share my thoughts about them.
Maybe they make for great hosts for a P91 with 2X 18650s?
Or for the G4 Sun module by FiveMega... a WA1111 in it, two 18650s in it and you'll have an immense light for very little money indeed :rolleyes:

Timmo.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a PT Tec40 with Mag4 bulb and nimh cells that I love taking into pools for evening swim duty... My kids use a Tec20 with led dropin.