Fenix TK-70

chakrawal

Enlightened
Thats crazy that they sell two versions. (though that hasnt been confirmed yet)
I sure as hell hope the US version will also take 2 li-ions, that would make it so much more useful.
And if it doesnt, a ton of people are going to start hearing about paople running it off li-ions, and frying their US version.
Confirmed and being sold in Thailand already.

HKJ

Flashaholic
It is definitely a large light, only my old MagLite is longer, but it is slightly behind in brightness.
DSC_8588.jpg

uknewbie

Banned
It is definitely a large light, only my old MagLite is longer, but it is slightly behind in brightness.
DSC_8588.jpg

Thanks, great picture. How did you take it if you don't mind my asking?

In fairness to the TK70, it has a slightly thinner body than the Olight so may be easier to grip.

makapuu

Enlightened
Thank you, I am just waiting on the SR92 to complete the lineup. (The custom office is playing with it now).

Hey HKJ,

Could you give us your thoughts or beamshots on how the Fenix TK 70 compares with the SR92 when you receive it since both are triple XML's.:thumbsup:

HKJ

Flashaholic
Could you give us your thoughts or beamshots on how the Fenix TK 70 compares with the SR92 when you receive it since both are triple XML's.:thumbsup:

That was the plan, most of the lineup above + SR92 + SR51 + TK41 and probably a few other.

Pandorum

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone seen an official input voltage range for the TK70?
I am hearing about a 2 x li-ion set for these also. That would be perfect, a 2 x D sized li-ion setup.

This is the chart that is in the TK70 owners manual,

4sfhp0.jpg

Also not sure if its been mentioned but the TK70 has a low battery flashing warning,

210c788.jpg

jtice

Flashaholic
Thats probably talking about using 4 li-ion cells though I would think?
I am going to be ticked off if the Thailand version has no issues running off 2 li-ion cells at about 8.4V and the US version is stuck at about 6V with 4 nimh cells.
Plus lithium non rechargeable cells are more like 1.7 to 1.8V fresh, that would be about 7.2V, not the 1.5V each like that manual says.
WHY make a different version like that?????
If this is the case, I will end up celling my US version once I get it and finding a Thailand version !

Last edited:

xed888

Enlightened
Was wondering whether a Thai CPFer can help those interested in buying a Thai edition TK70 and shipping it to our respective countries? :D

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
Has anyone seen an official input voltage range for the TK70?
I am hearing about a 2 x li-ion set for these also. That would be perfect, a 2 x D sized li-ion setup.
We had some random discussion about this in another forum, based on what Fenix unofficially disclosed:

Fenix TK70 Voltage and Current Information
Working Voltage: 4.8V - 8.0V
Max Input Current: 6.5A - 7A

use the above information at your own risk and I take no responsibility to the accuracy of the above information... :nana: :devil:

jtice

Flashaholic
We had some random discussion about this in another forum, based on what Fenix unofficially disclosed:

Fenix TK70 Voltage and Current Information
Working Voltage: 4.8V - 8.0V
Max Input Current: 6.5A - 7A

use the above information at your own risk and I take no responsibility to the accuracy of the above information... :nana: :devil:
Damn, that needs to be just a bit higher to handle 2 li-ion cells :( that would be a bout 8.4V sooooo close.

richpalm

Banned
Another random thought: I'd love to see one of these with neutrals! Thailand version neutral with the other wacker mods I mentioned last night. How about that?

Betchya I'll find one on the MP sometime when it winds up being too big for someone and mod it with neutrals. If I got the TK35 open, I'd get the TK70 open!

Rich