Fenix TK75

Capolini

Banned
Hi Capolini,

So, you tested the TK75 with your car? Was it tested with your cars high beams? And so, how much brighter was the

TK75

Yes, it was my "Brights" which I stated, the same as high beams! I can't exactly tell you how much brighter!! It was a cleaner and purer beam. Just a guess,,maybe 1.5 times brighter,,remember I have an older car,but it still impressed me!

ciao,,,,Roberto,"Capo di Capo":eek:

RemcoM

Enlightened
Yes, it was my "Brights" which I stated, the same as high beams! I can't exactly tell you how much brighter!! It was a cleaner and purer beam. Just a guess,,maybe 1.5 times brighter,,remember I have an older car,but it still impressed me!

ciao,,,,Roberto,"Capo di Capo":eek:

Do you have the corrola with the long shape, or round shaped headlights.

Remco

Capolini

Banned
Do you have the corrola with the long shape, or round shaped headlights.

Remco

I think they are the long shaped,,,,,,,,,,,honestly, I think you are making too much[too much analyzing] of this!! Just get the light and try for yourself!

ciao,,Roberto,,"Capo di Capo" :ironic:,,,,,,:sssh:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

RemcoM

Enlightened
I think they are the long shaped,,,,,,,,,,,honestly, I think you are making too much[too much analyzing] of this!! Just get the light and try for yourself!

ciao,,Roberto,,"Capo di Capo" :ironic:,,,,,,:sssh:,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:)

I have the TK75,

And no, im not make to much analyse,.....i just curious, thats all!

Flashlights are one of my hobby,s, especially the Fenix TK75.

Ciao!

Capolini

Banned
And what about Scooter, and Motorbike headlights?

I hope my TK75 will still win.

And i point it for once time, on my bicycle, does the Fenix TK75, blind others?

What about low mode 18 lumens, 800 candela 60 meters beam distance. on my bicycle?

What about mid mode 400 lumens, 13000 CD 230 meters beam distance, on my bicycle?

What about high mode 1100 lumens, 39000 CD 380 meters beam distance, on my bicycle?

And, what about the turbo mode, 2600 lumens, 92000 CD 606 meters beam distance on my bicycle?

What are the effects of all 4 modes on my TK75 for oncomming drivers/traffic, when shining straight forward, and pointed down a bit to the road?

I do this for once a time, but i do not know, if it is to dangerous for oncomming traffic.

Can you help me with this questions, Teej, or others?

Thank you very much.

This is NOT a light you would use on a scooter or bicycle!! They make lights for that! martinaee already brought that up in more detail,listen to him!

have a great day,ciao,"Capo di Capo".....Roberto

Capolini

Banned
I have the TK75,

And no, im not make to much analyse,.....i just curious, thats all!

Flashlights are one of my hobby,s, especially the Fenix TK75.

Ciao!

If you have the light, then why are you asking so many questions about it??!!!! People usually do the opposite, they learn about a product first, then buy it!

ciao,,,,,"Capo di Capo",,,Roberto

Happy Birthday!:)

TEEJ

Flashaholic
The TK75 will be brighter and shine farther than all the OEM headlights of every car on the road today. Give or take.

BUT, it would be bad to USE that way, as the beam is not shaped like a headlight beam.

MOST of the TK75's beam will be too high, as it s ROUND BEAM....so if you are shining it down the road, half the beam will be lighting up stuff way up in the air at the top of that round beam.

Headlights have a rectangular beam, so the light they DO send out is at least concentrated down where the road is....and, is not up so high that oncoming drivers can't see due to glare, etc.

the SHAPE of the beams are different for flashlights and headlights...so in a comparison...its ONLY relevant in theory, not in practice.

Does that help?

Capolini

Banned
The TK75 will be brighter and shine farther than all the OEM headlights of every car on the road today. Give or take.

BUT, it would be bad to USE that way, as the beam is not shaped like a headlight beam.

MOST of the TK75's beam will be too high, as it s ROUND BEAM....so if you are shining it down the road, half the beam will be lighting up stuff way up in the air at the top of that round beam.

Headlights have a rectangular beam, so the light they DO send out is at least concentrated down where the road is....and, is not up so high that oncoming drivers can't see due to glare, etc.

the SHAPE of the beams are different for flashlights and headlights...so in a comparison...its ONLY relevant in theory, not in practice.

Does that help?

That was nice of you to do that. I hope it helps him!lovecpf

ciao,,,,,,,,,,,,Roberto,"Capo di Capo"

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi,

Why isit, that when i shine in my urban area neighborhood, with my TK75, that most people are reacting not interested, or irritated?

Alot of people who let out their dog at evening, are saying, why you are shining? They sound, they not really like it.

Why is this? Do they not understand that there are also people who like flashlights?

Those people are seeing also cars shining with their headlights, , but why do they react often badly, when people like me are shining with a flashlight?

How is that with the people in your nighborhood, when you shine around with a flashlight?

ven

Flashaholic
A car is expected to have headlights on at night,its normal(or most places :laughing: )

If you shine a flashlight at people then its like your spying on them,also it will irritate the *beep* out of them..................They may be acting suspicious,maybe suspicious,either way its not recommended unless your security and its on someone's property or a law enforcer.

Urban areas are better suited for less lumens and pointed at the ground in front of you(close up) and if have street lights then no need. Your better off going somewhere with less light pollution imo and less chance of aggravating people .

Its like "why do people get irritated at the movies when i shine my laser pen at the screen............"

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Hi,

Why isit, that when i shine in my urban area neighborhood, with my TK75, that most people are reacting not interested, or irritated?

Alot of people who let out their dog at evening, are saying, why you are shining? They sound, they not really like it.

Why is this? Do they not understand that there are also people who like flashlights?

Those people are seeing also cars shining with their headlights, , but why do they react often badly, when people like me are shining with a flashlight?

How is that with the people in your nighborhood, when you shine around with a flashlight?

I don't have that problem in my neighborhood. The difference might be the way we do it. For example, is the light in their face/eyes? Can you SEE their face/expression when you use your light?

* If you DO see their face, it means that you are EITHER shining a bright light into their face, which would annoy MOST people, or, there's enough light to SEE their face WITHOUT the flashlight, which, would beg the question, why are you using a flashlight if there's enough light to see people's faces anyway?

:D

RemcoM

Enlightened
A car is expected to have headlights on at night,its normal(or most places :laughing: )

If you shine a flashlight at people then its like your spying on them,also it will irritate the *beep* out of them..................They may be acting suspicious,maybe suspicious,either way its not recommended unless your security and its on someone's property or a law enforcer.

Urban areas are better suited for less lumens and pointed at the ground in front of you(close up) and if have street lights then no need. Your better off going somewhere with less light pollution imo and less chance of aggravating people .

Its like "why do people get irritated at the movies when i shine my laser pen at the screen............"

Hi ven,

1 What about shining with my TK61, at turbomode in my urban area, with some people walk around with their dogs, at evening?

What do people think, when they see the light coming from my TK61, and TK61 at turbosetting coming towards them from short, and more distant distances? Do they act also suspicious, and irritated?

2 Why do these people not understand that i have a great interest and fun , for having and shine around with a great flashlight?

3 The 2 people who reacting suspicious and irritated (why you shine?) where reacting that kind, only when i was shining with the TK75 at low mode (the same intensity as a average bicyclelight) What the heck is wrong with this people?

4 When i drive around with my bicyclelight on, then no one reacts irritated, and suspicious, hile the low mode of the TK75, and my bikelight are the same intensity. Why do they not react at carlights, and bikelights, while they shine also into their faces.

kj2

Flashaholic
How can Ven know, what those people think?? And how do they know, you like flashlights. As said, those bright lights aren't for urban areas. Only you can prevent that people are annoyed because you shine your light. And when people ask you why you light-up the whole street, explain them why.

ven

Flashaholic
Hi RemcoM ,when they see a light,they look and see its on a bike,thats completely different to someone shining a flashlight at them.

You are in control of the flashlight,you are aiming at them,so you will annoy them.

Cars/bikes completely different as people expect (or at least would like )to see lights on. Shining a flashlight at someone is deliberate,more than likely antagonizing and not recommended for fun.

Ask yourself this,if someone shined a tk61 at your face ,how would you feel?? I know how i would feel and it wound be at the opposite end of the happy scale!

RemcoM

Enlightened
Hi RemcoM ,when they see a light,they look and see its on a bike,thats completely different to someone shining a flashlight at them.

You are in control of the flashlight,you are aiming at them,so you will annoy them.

Cars/bikes completely different as people expect (or at least would like )to see lights on. Shining a flashlight at someone is deliberate,more than likely antagonizing and not recommended for fun.

Ask yourself this,if someone shined a tk61 at your face ,how would you feel?? I know how i would feel and it wound be at the opposite end of the happy scale!

But ven,

But why do we here on CPF all like flashlights?

Just how bright they are, just how far it can reach?

Why do you have flashlights?

I guess you do more like it, than the annoyed people here in my neighborhood, who find flashlights only irritating, and annoying.

Here one last question 1 But why do this people not show any interest in the reach of my TK75? Some people maybe do, but most people do not.

Why not? Insnt it very interesting to see a light, light up a tree, at hundreds of yards away? Thats why most people here on CPF have flashlights?

For shining around with.

kj2

Flashaholic
But ven,

But why do we here on CPF all like flashlights?

Just how bright they are, just how far it can reach?

Why do you have flashlights?

I guess you do more like it, than the annoyed people here in my neighborhood, who find flashlights only irritating, and annoying.

Here one last question 1 But why do this people not show any interest in the reach of my TK75? Some people maybe do, but most people do not.

Why not? Insnt it very interesting to see a light, light up a tree, at hundreds of yards away? Thats why most people here on CPF have flashlights?

For shining around with.
Some people like football, some don't. Some like cars others like motorcycles.

ven

Flashaholic
If it is in an urban area with gangs around or people walking about,i would presume they would not be impressed with a tree lighting up near them. Straight away they are going to think WTF is that,look around and see a bright light coming from you.

There is liking lights and using them safely,not to mention a distraction for cars too.

I am sure things may be different if you knew them and said"yeh check this out,what do you think" and shined it away from them and in a controlled manor .

My advise is enjoy your flashlights,just not in built up areas,get away from the crowds,dog walkers and people on the street and go somewhere you can really appreciate the lights .No one to annoy,no light pollution from street lamps/cars etc etc ,just you,an open area and enjoy!!

People assume different thing,if someone sees a person shining a flashlight around a building,maybe looking a little suspicious(who knows),chances are they will be presumed as burglars.

Have a think about what your doing,reverse the situation so your in their shoes ,would you be happy if someone was lighting up your area from a distance. Even if you would be!,many would not :)

Me and my lad were shining lights in the front,i had to tell him several times as well as me dipping the light down. I should have known better,cars (although not busy) passing,people looking around wandering ....................and that was above at the trees in the distance.

So i take him to the local country park,open areas where he can safely use his lights without any risk of distractions to others(especially drivers) . Even then people walking their dogs are :thinking: but simple communication and understanding is all it takes. Yes i dont see many dog walkers at night with lights...........

You cant test/enjoy your tk lights fully in an urban area,go find somewhere and enjoy without the potential issues you could cause.:)

Taz80

Enlightened
Hey RemcoM, I my area younger people (high school and college) think that anyone with a bright flashlight is the police. And since they are quite often doing something they shouldn't be, drinking etc., they don't react well to bright lights being shined at them. When I'm walking with my lights and German Shepard they usually run. LOL. Note: I'm walking in a park and golf course.

magicstone12

Banned
I don't have large torch,mine are not so bright,as in the urban area,the streetlight lamp the whole street,you don't need such a big one for walking in the park.

credo

Newly Enlightened
I think if you're going to use a TK75 / TK61 on turbo in built-up areas you have to expect a reaction from passers by. I've just bought a TK75 and on turbo it illuminates an incredible area, and is absolutely NOT something I'd want to shine at people or even use near them as it draws a lot of attention. Great fun but to be used with care and consideration! Go somewhere quiet and blast some photons in private! L1 / L2 are very usable modes for most situations.

Latest posts