Finished: Quad XML Mag 4C (Optics NiMH 3-mode) new everyman's recipe

Henningap

Newly Enlightened
Hi techjunkie,

i have seen this thread with your KD-V2 slave-mode technique few days ago and i find it quite interesting. I used this driver for a small single-xml once now and i like it. I am dreaming of building a small 7-XML-diving lamp as there is a really nice 7XML-board here in Germany. I would mill the LED-base like this:

6dybh4wSxDEKLsiExtcamVQGktkAdCuiPh5AIxFiyAkUMozAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

7xml-board:

Z

Due to this and the fact that i will use 7 18650er from panasonic all wired in parallel, i dont think that i will get heat problems as you described. Also my lamp will be watercooled as it is a diving-lamp. I would prefer a very simple construction, using a reed-contact to switch the lamp on and off. This will be easy possible if i can connect the LED positives directly to the battery as you described.

my question: is there more information available somewhere about your modification to the slave mode? Or could you maybe post some more pictures with higher resolution? How did you remove the needless parts from the board? Will there be problems when using 7 Leds?

THX a lot and regards from germany,

Henning

Henningap

Newly Enlightened
uups, i have to upload the pics, will do it later...

but i have another question regarding the driver:

its written in the instructions that below 2.8V the output power will be reduced to 35% wich should be around 1000 mah... but if i have a look inside the XML-specs, with only 2.8V it will draw around 400mah, so this is already less than 15%...
until now i havent used my first light to this point, but it will happen..what will then happen to my batteries? There will be no automatic shutdown? So if i dont realise the flashing once per minute-point, my batterie will die? (i am using unprotected 18650s)

THX again,
Henning