Flashlight Carrying Ideas - Innovative ideas for flashlights EDC

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
All of you do EDC flashlights but how many of you have innovative ideas to share? If you do, please show us how you do it~ Here are mine!

Bobpuvel

Enlightened
I didn't come up with this, but upon purchasing the Zebralight H51w, I realized its potential for being an EDCer. The clip that it comes with makes it perfect for keeping it on your pocket and being able to use it hands-free, if needed. I will say that I clip enough things to my pockets, so the H51w stays in my EDC backpack. But if somebody is constantly needing handsfree lighting and doesn't want to wear a headlamp, I highly suggest using just the clip.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
yeh~ got some people sharing ideas!

Yeah the clip is definitely very useful and practical. headlights sometimes are not good too because they blind the people around you when you say hi to them.. haha

tam17

Enlightened
Well, this is not so innovative as your ideas, but... If you got a habit of carrying medium-sized light (Solarforce L2 or the like) in your jeans front pocket bezel down + without a clip, it will stay upright and easy to reach for if you carry it side-by side to a wallet. BTW my L2 is a flathead (with recessed bezel ring) so it won't cut its way out my pocket. Just my .02 lumens.

Cheers

Irelander

Newly Enlightened
yeh~ got some people sharing ideas!

Yeah the clip is definitely very useful and practical. headlights sometimes are not good too because they blind the people around you when you say hi to them.. haha

I hear you. I occasionally work in underground coal mines where cap lamps are standard issue. Miners get pissed off real quick if you are always blinding them when talking to them. You learn quickly to look at people you are talking to with a side glance instead of squaring up with them. This lets your light shine to the side while you are talking to them. Takes some getting used to but makes for a happier work environment. Of course, people think you are strange when you talk to them like that when topside.

CYMac

Newly Enlightened
haha~ yeah I proved this and found the way to work it out as well with my own experience. Even with a diffuser, it's not going to work too. You really need to talk with your face slanted, haha~ kinda rude.